Do Fans Care about Compliance to Doping Regulations in Sports? The Impact of PED Suspension in Baseball
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jeffrey Cisyk & Pascal Courty, 2017. "Do Fans Care About Compliance to Doping Regulations in Sports? The Impact of PED Suspension in Baseball," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 18(4), pages 323-350, May.
- Pascal Courty & Jeffrey Cisyk, 2014. "Do Fans Care about Compliance to Doping Regulations in Sports? The Impact of PED Suspension in Baseball," Department Discussion Papers 1407, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berentsen, Aleksander, 2002. "The economics of doping," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 109-127, March.
- Leo Kahane & Stephen Shmanske, 1997. "Team roster turnover and attendance in major league baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 425-431.
- Van Reeth, Daam, 2011. "Television demand for the Tour de France: the importance of outcome uncertainty, patriotism and doping," Working Papers 2011/15, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Nicolas Eber, 2008. "The Performance-Enhancing Drug Game Reconsidered," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 9(3), pages 318-327, June.
- Vijay Mohan & Bharat Hazari, 2016. "Cheating in Contests," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 17(7), pages 736-747, October.
- Elise M. Beckman & Wenqiang Cai & Rebecca M. Esrock & Robert J. Lemke, 2012. "Explaining Game-to-Game Ticket Sales for Major League Baseball Games Over Time," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 13(5), pages 536-553, October.
- Buechel, Berno & Emrich, Eike & Pohlkamp, Stefanie, 2013. "Nobody's innocent: the role of customers in the doping dilemma," MPRA Paper 44627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:2:p:1104-1118 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsbaseball; demand estimation; doping; performance enhancing drug;
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-SPO-2015-04-11 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:10524. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.