Another look at anti-scalping laws: Theory and evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen K. Happel and Marianne M. Jennings, 1995. "The Folly of Anti-Scalping Laws," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 15(1), pages 65-80, Spring/Su.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2005. "Novelty Effects Of New Facilities On Attendance At Professional Sporting Events," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(3), pages 436-455, July.
- repec:cdl:agrebk:9855 is not listed on IDEAS
- Courty, Pascal, 2003. "Ticket Pricing under Demand Uncertainty," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(2), pages 627-652, October.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Larry Karp & Jeffrey M. Perloff, 2005.
"When Promoters Like Scalpers,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 477-508, 06.
- Karp, Larry & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2003. "When Promoters Like Scalpers," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt52d579j4, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Zane A. Spindler, 2003. "How â€œParasitesâ€ Serve their Host: A Graphical Analysis of â€œScalpingâ€," Public Finance Review, , vol. 31(6), pages 694-699, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pagnozzi, Marco & Saral, Krista J., 2019.
"Auctions with limited liability through default or resale,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 51-74.
- Marco Pagnozzi & Krista J. Saral, 2018. "Auctions with Limited Liability through Default or Resale," CSEF Working Papers 494, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Drayer, Joris & Rascher, Daniel A. & McEvoy, Chad D., 2012. "An examination of underlying consumer demand and sport pricing using secondary market data," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 448-460.
- Phillip Leslie & Alan Sorensen, 2009. "The Welfare Effects of Ticket Resale," NBER Working Papers 15476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joris, Drayer, 2011. "Examining the effectiveness of anti-scalping laws in a United States market," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 226-236, August.
More about this item
KeywordsTicket pricing; Professional sports; Secondary markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:130:y:2007:i:1:p:55-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.