Competition and public high school performance
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grosskopf, Shawna & Hayes, Kathy J. & Taylor, Lori L. & Weber, William L., 2001. "On the Determinants of School District Efficiency: Competition and Monitoring," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 453-478, May.
- John J. Rousseau & John H. Semple, 1993. "Notes: Categorical Outputs in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(3), pages 384-386, March.
- Matthias Staat, 2001. "The Effect of Sample Size on the Mean Efficiency in DEA: Comment," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 129-137, March.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000.
"Does Competition among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1209-1238, December.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Does Competition Among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?," NBER Working Papers 4979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borland, Melvin V. & Howsen, Roy M, 1992. "Student academic achievement and the degree of market concentration in education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 31-39, March.
- Couch, Jim F & Shughart, William F, II, 1996. "Competition, Expenditures and Student Performance: Reply to Borland and Howsaen," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 87(3-4), pages 401-403, June.
- Dee, Thomas S., 1998. "Competition and the quality of public schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 419-427, October.
- John Ã–sth & Eva Andersson & Bo Malmberg, 2013. "School Choice and Increasing Performance Difference: A Counterfactual Approach," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 50(2), pages 407-425, February.
- Greene, Kenneth V. & Kang, Byung-Goo, 2004. "The effect of public and private competition on high school outputs in New York State," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 497-506, October.
- Ben Jensen & Andrew Seltzer, 2000. "Neighbourhood and Family Effects in Educational Progress," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 33(1), pages 17-31.
- W. Alexander & Alfred Haug & Mohammad Jaforullah, 2010.
"A two-stage double-bootstrap data envelopment analysis of efficiency differences of New Zealand secondary schools,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 99-110, October.
- W Robert J Alexander & Alfred A. Haug & Mohammad Jaforullah, 2007. "A two-stage double-bootstrap data envelopment analysis of efficiency differences of New Zealand secondary schools," Working Papers 0714, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2007.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1979. "Conceptual and Empirical Issues in the Estimation of Educational Production Functions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 351-388.
- Couch, Jim F & Shughart, William F, II & Williams, Al L, 1993. "Private School Enrollment and Public School Performance," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 301-312, August.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe, 1995. "The Determinants of Children's Attainments: A Review of Methods and Findings," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1829-1878, December.
- Adnett, Nick & Bougheas, Spiros & Davies, Peter, 2002.
"Market-based reforms of public schooling: some unpleasant dynamics,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 323-330, August.
- Nick Adnett & Spiros Bougheas & Peter Davies, "undated". "Market-Based Reforms of Public Schooling: Some Unpleasant Dynamics," Working Papers 994, Staffordshire University, Business School.
- Feinstein, Leon & Symons, James, 1999. "Attainment in Secondary School," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 300-321, April.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Mark Harrison, 2005. "Competition, Regulation and Private Schools," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 38(1), pages 66-74, March.
- Alan Woodfield & Philip Gunby, 2003. "The Marketization of New Zealand Schools: Assessing Fiske and Ladd," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(3), pages 863-884, September.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Do Private Schools Provide Competition for Public Schools?," NBER Working Papers 4978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chang-Tai Hsieh & Miguel Urquiola, 2003. "When Schools Compete, How Do They Compete? An Assessment of Chile's Nationwide School Voucher Program," NBER Working Papers 10008, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajiv D. Banker & Richard C. Morey, 1986. "The Use of Categorical Variables in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(12), pages 1613-1627, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agasisti, Tommaso & Barra, Cristian & Zotti, Roberto, 2016.
"Evaluating the efficiency of Italian public universities (2008–2011) in presence of (unobserved) heterogeneity,"
Socio-Economic Planning Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 47-58.
- Tommaso Agasisti & Cristian Barra & Roberto Zotti, 2015. "Evaluating the efficiency of Italian public universities (2008-2011) in presence of (unobserved) heterogeneity," Working papers 34, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:70-89 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSchool competition; Data envelopment analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceps:v:48:y:2014:i:1:p:10-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/seps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.