Impacts of global and domestic shocks on inflation and economic growth for actual and potential GCC member countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosmy Jean Louis & Faruk Balli & Mohamed Osman, 2012. "On the feasibility of monetary union among Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries: does the symmetry of shocks extend to the non-oil sector?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(2), pages 319-334, April.
- Patrick Honohan & Philip R. Lane, 2003.
"Divergent inflation rates in EMU,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 357-394, October.
- Philip R. Lane & Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Divergent Inflation Rates in EMU," Trinity Economics Papers 20034, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Philip R. Lane, & Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Divergent Inflation Rates in EMU," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp05, IIIS.
- Abu-Qarn, Aamer S. & Abu-Bader, Suleiman, 2007. "Sources of Growth Revisited: Evidence from Selected MENA Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 752-771, May.
- Magda Kandil & Hanan Morsy, 2011. "Determinants Of Inflation In Gcc," Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(02), pages 141-158.
- Lastrapes, William D., 2005. "Estimating and identifying vector autoregressions under diagonality and block exogeneity restrictions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 75-81, April.
- Banik, Nilanjan & Biswas, Basudeb & Criddle, Keith R., 2009. "Optimum currency area in South Asia: A state space approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 502-510, June.
- Agiomirgianakis, George & Zervoyianni, Athina, 2001. "Globalization of labor markets and macroeconomic equilibrium," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 109-133.
- Syed Abul Basher & Elsayed Mousa Elsamadisy, 2012.
"Country heterogeneity and long-run determinants of inflation in the Gulf Arab states,"
OPEC Energy Review,
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 36(2), pages 170-203, June.
- Basher, Syed Abul & Elsamadisy, Elsayed Mousa, 2010. "Country Heterogeneity and Long-Run Determinants of Inflation in the Gulf Arab States," MPRA Paper 27348, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhar, Ramaprasad & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2011. "Commodities and financial variables: Analyzing relationships in a changing regime environment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 469-484, October.
- Lutz Kilian, 2009.
"Not All Oil Price Shocks Are Alike: Disentangling Demand and Supply Shocks in the Crude Oil Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 1053-1069, June.
- Kilian, Lutz, 2006. "Not All Oil Price Shocks Are Alike: Disentangling Demand and Supply Shocks in the Crude Oil Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 5994, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hebous, Shafik, 2006. "On the monetary union of the Gulf States," Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers 431, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Ali Darrat & Fatima Al-Shamsi, 2005. "On the path of integration in the Gulf region," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 1055-1062.
- Baldwin, John R. & Yan, Beiling, 2008. "Domestic and foreign influences on Canadian prices," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 546-557, October.
- Stephen P.A. Brown & Keith R. Phillips, 1986. "Exchange rates and world oil prices," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Mar, pages 1-10.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107.
- Christian Bayer & Christoph Hanck, 2013. "Combining non-cointegration tests," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 83-95, January.
- Hesham Alogeel & Maher Hasan, 2008. "Understanding the Inflationary Process in the GCC Region; The Case of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait," IMF Working Papers 08/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Gerlach-Kristen, Petra, 2009. "Business cycle and inflation synchronisation in Mainland China and Hong Kong," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 404-418, June.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Nazlioglu, Saban & Soytas, Ugur, 2012. "Oil price, agricultural commodity prices, and the dollar: A panel cointegration and causality analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1098-1104.
- Won Joong Kim & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Eisa A. Aleisa, 2012. "SYNCHRONIZATION OF ECONOMIC SHOCKS BETWEEN GULF COOPERATION COUNCIL AND UNITED STATES, EUROPE, JAPAN, AND OIL MARKET: CHOICE OF EXCHANGE RATE REGIME-super-†," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(4), pages 584-602, October.
- Pau Rabanal, 2009. "Inflation Differentials between Spain and the EMU: A DSGE Perspective," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(6), pages 1141-1166, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aloui, Chaker & Hkiri, Besma & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2016. "Real growth co-movements and business cycle synchronization in the GCC countries: Evidence from time-frequency analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 322-331.
- Abouwafia, Hashem E. & Chambers, Marcus J., 2015. "Monetary policy, exchange rates and stock prices in the Middle East region," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 14-28.
- Murshed, Hasan & Nakibullah, Ashraf, 2015. "Price level and inflation in the GCC countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 239-252.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-079 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Tsangyao & Chu, Hsiao-Ping & Ranjbar, Omid, 2014. "Are GDP fluctuations transitory or permanent in African countries? Sequential Panel Selection Method," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 380-399.
- Lean, Hooi Hooi & McAleer, Michael & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2015. "Preferences of risk-averse and risk-seeking investors for oil spot and futures before, during and after the Global Financial Crisis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 204-216.
- Ahdi Noomen Ajmi & Ghassen El-montasser & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014.
"Oil prices and MENA stock markets: new evidence from nonlinear and asymmetric causalities during and after the crisis period,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(18), pages 2167-2177, June.
- Ahdi Noomen Ajmi & Ghassen El Montasser & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Oil prices and MENA stock markets:New evidence from nonlinear and asymmetric causalities during and after the crisis period," Working Papers 2014-79, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Khalifa, Ahmed A.A. & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Otranto, Edoardo, 2014. "Patterns of volatility transmissions within regime switching across GCC and global markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 512-524.
- Ghosh, Amit, 2014. "A comparison of exchange rate regime choice in emerging markets with advanced and low income nations for 1999–2011," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 358-370.
More about this item
KeywordsStructural VAR; Block exogeneity; Export prices; Oil price; Pass-through;
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:27:y:2013:i:c:p:298-317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.