First- and second-order additionality and learning outcomes in collaborative R&D programs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1992. "Knowledge of the Firm, Combinative Capabilities, and the Replication of Technology," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(3), pages 383-397, August.
- Sapienza, Harry J. & Parhankangas, Annaleena & Autio, Erkko, 2004. "Knowledge relatedness and post-spin-off growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 809-829, November.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M., 1998. "Competence and contract in the theory of the firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 179-201, April.
- Rhonda K. Reger & Timothy B. Palmer, 1996. "Managerial Categorization of Competitors: Using Old Maps to Navigate New Environments," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 22-39, February.
- Teubal, Morris, 1996. "R&D and technology policy in NICs as learning processes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 449-460, March.
- Youtie, Jan & Bozeman, Barry & Shapira, Philip, 1999. "Using an evaluability assessment to select methods for evaluating state technology development programs: the case of the Georgia Research Alliance," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 55-64.
- Carlsson, Bo & Jacobsson, Staffan & Holmen, Magnus & Rickne, Annika, 2002. "Innovation systems: analytical and methodological issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 233-245, February.
- Cantner, Uwe & Pyka, Andreas, 2001.
"Classifying technology policy from an evolutionary perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 759-775, May.
- Andreas Pyka & Uwe Cantner, 1999. "Classifying Technology Policy from an Evolutionary Perspective," Discussion Paper Series 184, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1993.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-598.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Leon Oerlemans & Marius Meeus, 2005. "Do Organizational and Spatial Proximity Impact on Firm Performance?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 89-104.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters,in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1997. "Opportunities, Incentives and the Collective Patterns of Technological Change," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(444), pages 1530-1547, September.
- John Seely Brown & Paul Duguid, 2001. "Knowledge and Organization: A Social-Practice Perspective," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 198-213, April.
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 1962. "The Economic Implications of Learning by Doing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 155-173.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1986. "Technology Adoption in the Presence of Network Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 822-841, August.
- Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 1997. "Technological Regimes and Sectoral Patterns of Innovative Activities," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 83-117.
- Kaufmann, Alexander & Todtling, Franz, 2001.
"Science-industry interaction in the process of innovation: the importance of boundary-crossing between systems,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 791-804, May.
- Kaufmann, Alexander & Tödtling, Franz, 2000. "Science-Industry Interaction In The Process Of Innovation - The Importance Of Boundary-Crossing Between Systems," ERSA conference papers ersa00p428, European Regional Science Association.
- Ray Reagans & Ezra W. Zuckerman, 2001. "Networks, Diversity, and Productivity: The Social Capital of Corporate R&D Teams," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(4), pages 502-517, August.
- Garud, Raghu & Karnoe, Peter, 2003. "Bricolage versus breakthrough: distributed and embedded agency in technology entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 277-300, February.
- Carlaw, Kenneth I. & Lipsey, Richard G., 2002. "Externalities, technological complementarities and sustained economic growth," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1305-1315, December.
- Georghiou, Luke & Roessner, David, 2000. "Evaluating technology programs: tools and methods," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 657-678, April.
- Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent, 2002. "National systems of production, innovation and competence building," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-231, February.
- John Seely Brown & Paul Duguid, 1991. "Organizational Learning and Communities-of-Practice: Toward a Unified View of Working, Learning, and Innovation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 40-57, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pal:palcom:v:4:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1057_s41599-018-0069-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antonioli,Davide & Marzucchi,Alberto & Montresor,Sandro, 2012. "Regional innovation policy and innovative behaviours. A propensity score matching evaluation," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201205, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
- repec:oup:indcch:v:25:y:2016:i:6:p:955-975. is not listed on IDEAS
- Julie Hermans & Annick Castiaux & Marcus Dejardin & Stéphane Lucas, 2012. "Configuration in the flesh: challenges in publicly promoted clusters," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(5), pages 609-630, October.
- Joakim Wincent & Sergey Anokhin & Daniel Örtqvist & Erkko Autio, 2010. "Quality Meets Structure: Generalized Reciprocity and Firm-Level Advantage in Strategic Networks," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 597-624, June.
- Hyojung Kim & Namgyoo Park & Jeonghwan Lee, 2014. "How does the second-order learning process moderate the relationship between innovation inputs and outputs of large Korean firms?," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 69-103, March.
- Rossi, Federica & Caloffi, Annalisa & Russo, Margherita, 2016.
"Networked by design: Can policy requirements influence organisations' networking behaviour?,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 203-214.
- Rossi, Federica & Caloffi, Annalisa & Russo, Margherita, 2015. "Networked by design: Can policy requirements influence organisations’ networking behaviour?," MPRA Paper 69327, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2016.
- Annalisa Caloffi & Federica Rossi & Margherita Russo, 2017. "A tale of persistent network additionality, with evidence from a regional policy," Working Papers 38, Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research, revised May 2017.
- Clarysse, Bart & Wright, Mike & Mustar, Philippe, 2009. "Behavioural additionality of R&D subsidies: A learning perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1517-1533, December.
- Steffen Roth & Jari Kaivo-Oja & Thomas Hirschmann, 2013.
"Smart regions: two cases of crowdsourcing for regional development,"
International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 20(3), pages 272-285.
- Steffen Roth & Jari Kaivo-Oja & Thomas Hirschmann, 2013. "Smart regions. Two cases of crowdsourcing for regional development," Post-Print hal-01053527, HAL.
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:3:p:623-636 is not listed on IDEAS
- Knockaert, Mirjam & Spithoven, André & Clarysse, Bart, 2014. "The impact of technology intermediaries on firm cognitive capacity additionality," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 376-387.
- Federica Rossi & Annalisa Caloffi & Margherita Russo, 2013. "Networked by design: Can policy constraints support the development of capabilities for collaborative innovation?," Management Working Papers 5, Birkbeck Department of Management, revised Jul 2013.
- Sergio Afcha & Jose García-Quevedo, 2016.
"The impact of R&D subsidies on R&D employment composition,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(6), pages 955-975.
- Sergio Afcha & Jose García-Quevedo, 2014. "The impact of R&D subsidies on R&D employment composition," Working Papers 2014/22, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Wanzenböck, Iris & Scherngell, Thomas & Fischer, Manfred M., 2013. "How do firm characteristics affect behavioural additionalities of public R&D subsidies? Evidence for the Austrian transport sector," MPRA Paper 77552, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrés Barge-Gil & Aurelia Modrego, 2011. "The impact of research and technology organizations on firm competitiveness. Measurement and determinants," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 61-83, February.
- Peter Teirlinck & André Spithoven, 2012. "Fostering industry-science cooperation through public funding: differences between universities and public research centres," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(5), pages 676-695, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:37:y:2008:i:1:p:59-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.