Feedstocks, logistics and pre-treatment processes for sustainable lignocellulosic biorefineries: A comprehensive review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cherubini, Francesco & Ulgiati, Sergio, 2010. "Crop residues as raw materials for biorefinery systems - A LCA case study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 47-57, January.
- Silva Herran, Diego & Nakata, Toshihiko, 2012. "Design of decentralized energy systems for rural electrification in developing countries considering regional disparity," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 130-145.
- Pettersson, Karin & Harvey, Simon, 2010. "CO2 emission balances for different black liquor gasification biorefinery concepts for production of electricity or second-generation liquid biofuels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1101-1106.
- Singh, Jasvinder & Gu, Sai, 2010. "Biomass conversion to energy in India--A critique," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 1367-1378, June.
- Chew, J.J. & Doshi, V., 2011. "Recent advances in biomass pretreatment – Torrefaction fundamentals and technology," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 4212-4222.
- Fahd, S. & Fiorentino, G. & Mellino, S. & Ulgiati, S., 2012. "Cropping bioenergy and biomaterials in marginal land: The added value of the biorefinery concept," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 79-93.
- Tsai, Wen-Tien, 2009. "Coupling of energy and agricultural policies on promoting the production of biomass energy from energy crops and grasses in Taiwan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(6-7), pages 1495-1503, August.
- Shi, Yan & Ge, Ying & Chang, Jie & Shao, Hongbo & Tang, Yuli, 2013. "Garden waste biomass for renewable and sustainable energy production in China: Potential, challenges and development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 432-437.
- Ellis, Frank & Sumberg, James, 1998. "Food production, urban areas and policy responses," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 213-225, February.
- Carolan Joseph E. & Joshi Satish V. & Dale Bruce E., 2007. "Technical and Financial Feasibility Analysis of Distributed Bioprocessing Using Regional Biomass Pre-Processing Centers," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-29, December.
- K.C., Surendra & Khanal, Samir Kumar & Shrestha, Prachand & Lamsal, Buddhi, 2011. "Current status of renewable energy in Nepal: Opportunities and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 4107-4117.
- Kaygusuz, Kamil, 2012. "Energy for sustainable development: A case of developing countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1116-1126.
- Ramachandra, T. V. & Joshi, N. V. & Subramanian, D. K., 2000. "Present and prospective role of bioenergy in regional energy system," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 375-430, December.
- Annetts, J. E. & Audsley, E., 2003. "Modelling the value of a rural biorefinery--part II: analysis and implications," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 61-76, April.
- Brown, Tristan R. & Thilakaratne, Rajeeva & Brown, Robert C. & Hu, Guiping, 2013. "Regional differences in the economic feasibility of advanced biorefineries: Fast pyrolysis and hydroprocessing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 234-243.
- Fatih Demirbas, M., 2009. "Biorefineries for biofuel upgrading: A critical review," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(Supplemen), pages 151-161, November.
- Goh, Chun Sheng & Lee, Keat Teong, 2011. "Second-generation biofuel (SGB) in Southeast Asia via lignocellulosic biorefinery: Penny-foolish but pound-wise," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2714-2718, August.
- Amigun, Bamikole & Musango, Josephine Kaviti & Stafford, William, 2011. "Biofuels and sustainability in Africa," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1360-1372, February.
- Naik, S.N. & Goud, Vaibhav V. & Rout, Prasant K. & Dalai, Ajay K., 2010. "Production of first and second generation biofuels: A comprehensive review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 578-597, February.
- von Braun, Joachim & Pachauri, R. K., 2006. "The promises and challenges of biofuels for the poor in developing countries: IFPRI 2005-2006 Annual Report Essay," Annual report essays 2006Essay, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lawrence D. Mapemba & Francis M. Epplin & Charles M. Taliaferro & Raymond L. Huhnke, 2007. "Biorefinery Feedstock Production on Conservation Reserve Program Land," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 227-246.
- Audsley, E. & Annetts, J. E., 2003. "Modelling the value of a rural biorefinery--part I: the model description," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 39-59, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mafakheri, Fereshteh & Nasiri, Fuzhan, 2014. "Modeling of biomass-to-energy supply chain operations: Applications, challenges and research directions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 116-126.
- Nunes, L.J.R. & Matias, J.C.O. & Catalão, J.P.S., 2014. "A review on torrefied biomass pellets as a sustainable alternative to coal in power generation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 153-160.
- Budzianowski, Wojciech M. & Postawa, Karol, 2016. "Total Chain Integration of sustainable biorefinery systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1432-1446.
- Shafie, S.M. & Masjuki, H.H. & Mahlia, T.M.I., 2014. "Rice straw supply chain for electricity generation in Malaysia: Economical and environmental assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 299-308.
- Holmgren, Kristina M. & Berntsson, Thore S. & Andersson, Eva & Rydberg, Tomas, 2015. "The influence of biomass supply chains and by-products on the greenhouse gas emissions from gasification-based bio-SNG production systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P1), pages 148-162.
- Braimakis, Konstantinos & Atsonios, Konstantinos & Panopoulos, Kyriakos D. & Karellas, Sotirios & Kakaras, Emmanuel, 2014. "Economic evaluation of decentralized pyrolysis for the production of bio-oil as an energy carrier for improved logistics towards a large centralized gasification plant," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 57-72.
- repec:eee:appene:v:195:y:2017:i:c:p:1055-1070 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yan, Kai & Jarvis, Cody & Gu, Jing & Yan, Yong, 2015. "Production and catalytic transformation of levulinic acid: A platform for speciality chemicals and fuels," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 986-997.
- Anukam, Anthony & Mamphweli, Sampson & Reddy, Prashant & Meyer, Edson & Okoh, Omobola, 2016. "Pre-processing of sugarcane bagasse for gasification in a downdraft biomass gasifier system: A comprehensive review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 775-801.
More about this item
KeywordsLignocellulosic feedstocks; Logistics; Decentralized pretreatment; On-site fractionation; Biorefinery; Sustainability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:25:y:2013:i:c:p:205-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.