Production of first and second generation biofuels: A comprehensive review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shapouri, Hosein & Duffield, James A. & Graboski, Michael S., 1995. "Estimating the Net Energy Balance of Corn Ethanol," Agricultural Economic Reports 34005, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Meher, L.C. & Vidya Sagar, D. & Naik, S.N., 2006. "Technical aspects of biodiesel production by transesterification--a review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 248-268, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hatami, Behnam & Ebrahimi, Aliasghar & Ehrampoush, Mohammad Hassan & Salmani, Mohammad Hossein & Dalvand, Arash & Pirmoradi, Neda & Angelidaki, Irini & Fotidis, Ioannis A. & Mokhtari, Mehdi, 2021. "Recovery of intermittent cycle extended aeration system sludge through conversion into biodiesel by in-situ transesterification," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 56-65.
- Sobrino, Fernando Hernández & Monroy, Carlos Rodríguez & Pérez, José Luís Hernández, 2010. "Critical analysis on hydrogen as an alternative to fossil fuels and biofuels for vehicles in Europe," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 772-780, February.
- Pullen, James & Saeed, Khizer, 2014. "Factors affecting biodiesel engine performance and exhaust emissions – Part I: Review," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1-16.
- Siwina, Siraprapha & Leesing, Ratanaporn, 2021. "Bioconversion of durian (Durio zibethinus Murr.) peel hydrolysate into biodiesel by newly isolated oleaginous yeast Rhodotorula mucilaginosa KKUSY14," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 237-245.
- Kim, Tae-Hyoung & Lee, Kyungho & Oh, Baek-Rock & Lee, Mi-Eun & Seo, Minji & Li, Sheng & Kim, Jae-Kon & Choi, Minkee & Chang, Yong Keun, 2021. "A novel process for the coproduction of biojet fuel and high-value polyunsaturated fatty acid esters from heterotrophic microalgae Schizochytrium sp. ABC101," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(P1), pages 481-490.
- Aytav, Emre & Kocar, Günnur, 2013. "Biodiesel from the perspective of Turkey: Past, present and future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 335-350.
- Talebian-Kiakalaieh, Amin & Amin, Nor Aishah Saidina & Mazaheri, Hossein, 2013. "A review on novel processes of biodiesel production from waste cooking oil," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 683-710.
- Rawat, Devendra S. & Joshi, Girdhar & Lamba, Bhawna Y. & Tiwari, Avanish K. & Kumar, Pankaj, 2015. "The effect of binary antioxidant proportions on antioxidant synergy and oxidation stability of Jatropha and Karanja biodiesels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 643-655.
- Baker, Mindy L. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2008.
"Crop-Based Biofuel Production under Acreage Constraints and Uncertainty,"
2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida
6352, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mindy L. Baker & Dermot J. Hayes & Bruce A. Babcock, 2008. "Crop-Based Biofuel Production under Acreage Constraints and Uncertainty," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 08-wp460, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- George Anastopoulos & Ypatia Zannikou & Stamoulis Stournas & Stamatis Kalligeros, 2009. "Transesterification of Vegetable Oils with Ethanol and Characterization of the Key Fuel Properties of Ethyl Esters," Energies, MDPI, vol. 2(2), pages 1-15, June.
- Ennaceri, Houda & Fischer, Kristina & Schulze, Agnes & Moheimani, Navid Reza, 2022. "Membrane fouling control for sustainable microalgal biodiesel production: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 161(C).
- Mindy L. Mallory & Dermot J. Hayes & Bruce A. Babcock, 2011.
"Crop-Based Biofuel Production with Acreage Competition and Uncertainty,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(4), pages 610-627.
- Mallory, M. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2011. "Crop-Based Biofuel Production with Acreage Competition and Uncertainty," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32439, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mallory, Mindy & Hayes, Dermot J. & Babcock, Bruce, 2011. "Crop-based Biofuel Production with Acreage Competition and Uncertainty," ISU General Staff Papers 201111010700001481, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Malhotra, Rashi & Ali, Amjad, 2019. "5-Na/ZnO doped mesoporous silica as reusable solid catalyst for biodiesel production via transesterification of virgin cottonseed oil," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 606-619.
- Murphy, Fionnuala & Devlin, Ger & Deverell, Rory & McDonnell, Kevin, 2014. "Potential to increase indigenous biodiesel production to help meet 2020 targets – An EU perspective with a focus on Ireland," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 154-170.
- Marco Castellini & Stefano Ubertini & Diego Barletta & Ilaria Baffo & Pietro Buzzini & Marco Barbanera, 2021. "Techno-Economic Analysis of Biodiesel Production from Microbial Oil Using Cardoon Stalks as Carbon Source," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(5), pages 1-21, March.
- Chen, Yi-Hung & Chen, Jhih-Hong & Luo, Yu-Min, 2012. "Complementary biodiesel combination from tung and medium-chain fatty acid oils," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 305-310.
- Thamsiriroj, Thanasit & Murphy, Jerry D., 2011. "A critical review of the applicability of biodiesel and grass biomethane as biofuels to satisfy both biofuel targets and sustainability criteria," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1008-1019, April.
- Eaves, James & Eaves, Stephen, 2007. "Renewable corn-ethanol and energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5958-5963, November.
- Verma, Puneet & Sharma, M.P., 2016. "Review of process parameters for biodiesel production from different feedstocks," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1063-1071.
- Lau, Pak-Chung & Kwong, Tsz-Lung & Yung, Ka-Fu, 2022. "Manganese glycerolate catalyzed simultaneous esterification and transesterification: The kinetic and mechanistic study, and application in biodiesel and bio-lubricants synthesis," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C), pages 549-558.
More about this item
KeywordsFirst generation biofuel Second generation biofuel Biorefinery Biomass Bio-oil;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:14:y:2010:i:2:p:578-597. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.