Estimating the Net Energy Balance of Corn Ethanol
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dovring, Folke & McDowell, Donald R., 1980. "Energy Used for Fertilizers," Illinois Agricultural Economics Staff Paper 243896, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
- Marland, G. & Turhollow, A.F., 1991. "CO2 emissions from the production and combustion of fuel ethanol from corn," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 16(11), pages 1307-1316.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dahlgran, Roger A., 2009. "Inventory and Transformation Hedging Effectiveness in Corn Crushing," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(1), April.
- R. Lal, 2007. "Carbon Management in Agricultural Soils," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 303-322, February.
- Hettinga, W.G. & Junginger, H.M. & Dekker, S.C. & Hoogwijk, M. & McAloon, A.J. & Hicks, K.B., 2009. "Understanding the reductions in US corn ethanol production costs: An experience curve approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 190-203, January.
- Rausch, Kent D. & Belyea, Ronald L. & Singh, Vijay & Tumbleson, M.E., 2007. "Corn processing coproducts from ethanol production," Biofuels, Food and Feed Tradeoffs, Biofuels, Food and Feed Tradeoffs Conference, April 12-13, 2007, St, Louis, Missouri 48775, Farm Foundation.
- Naderloo, Leila & Javadikia, Hossein & Mostafaei, Mostafa, 2017. "Modeling the energy ratio and productivity of biodiesel with different reactor dimensions and ultrasonic power using ANFIS," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 56-64.
- Malça, João & Freire, Fausto, 2006. "Renewability and life-cycle energy efficiency of bioethanol and bio-ethyl tertiary butyl ether (bioETBE): Assessing the implications of allocation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 3362-3380.
- Sobrino, Fernando Hernández & Monroy, Carlos Rodríguez & Pérez, José Luís Hernández, 2010. "Critical analysis on hydrogen as an alternative to fossil fuels and biofuels for vehicles in Europe," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 772-780, February.
- Lavigne, Amanda & Powers, Susan E., 2007. "Evaluating fuel ethanol feedstocks from energy policy perspectives: A comparative energy assessment of corn and corn stover," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5918-5930, November.
- Tembo, Gelson & Epplin, Francis M. & Huhnke, Raymond L., 2003. "Integrative Investment Appraisal of a Lignocellulosic Biomass-to-Ethanol Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 28(03), December.
- Brito, Dagobert & Rosellon, Juan, 2005. "The Political Economy of Solar Energy," MPRA Paper 22420, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mitra, Subhro & Dybing, Alan & Tolliver, Denver, 2011. "Impacts of ethanol plants on highway networks," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 4(1), pages 71-81.
- Naik, S.N. & Goud, Vaibhav V. & Rout, Prasant K. & Dalai, Ajay K., 2010. "Production of first and second generation biofuels: A comprehensive review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 578-597, February.
- Sourie, Jean-Claude & Treguer, David & Rozakis, Stelios, 2006. "Economic impact of biofuel chains in France," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21184, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Petrolia, Daniel R. & Bhattacharjee, Sanjoy & Hudson, Darren & Herndon, Cary W., 2010. "Do Americans want ethanol? A comparative contingent-valuation study of willingness to pay for E-10 and E-85," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 121-128, January.
- Mack, J. Hunter & Aceves, Salvador M. & Dibble, Robert W., 2009. "Demonstrating direct use of wet ethanol in a homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 782-787.
- Liu, Jin’e & Lin, Bin-Le & Sagisaka, Masayuki, 2012. "Sustainability assessment of bioethanol and petroleum fuel production in Japan based on emergy analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 23-33.
- Charles, Michael B. & Ryan, Rachel & Ryan, Neal & Oloruntoba, Richard, 2007. "Public policy and biofuels: The way forward?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5737-5746, November.
- Baker, Mindy L. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2008.
"Crop-Based Biofuel Production under Acreage Constraints and Uncertainty,"
2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida
6352, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mindy L. Baker & Dermot J. Hayes & Bruce A. Babcock, 2008. "Crop-Based Biofuel Production under Acreage Constraints and Uncertainty," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 08-wp460, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Eaves, James & Eaves, Stephen, 2007. "Renewable corn-ethanol and energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5958-5963, November.
- Bureau, Jean-Christophe & Disdier, Anne-Célia & Gauroy, Christine & Tréguer, David, 2010. "A quantitative assessment of the determinants of the net energy value of biofuels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2282-2290, May.
- Mindy L. Mallory & Dermot J. Hayes & Bruce A. Babcock, 2011.
"Crop-Based Biofuel Production with Acreage Competition and Uncertainty,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 87(4), pages 610-627.
- Mallory, Mindy & Hayes, Dermot J. & Babcock, Bruce, 2011. "Crop-based Biofuel Production with Acreage Competition and Uncertainty," ISU General Staff Papers 201111010700001481, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mallory, M. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2011. "Crop-Based Biofuel Production with Acreage Competition and Uncertainty," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32439, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Felix, Erika & Tilley, David R., 2009. "Integrated energy, environmental and financial analysis of ethanol production from cellulosic switchgrass," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 410-436.
- Saxena, Samveg & Schneider, Silvan & Aceves, Salvador & Dibble, Robert, 2012. "Wet ethanol in HCCI engines with exhaust heat recovery to improve the energy balance of ethanol fuels," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 448-457.
- Szulczyk, Kenneth R. & McCarl, Bruce A. & Cornforth, Gerald, 2010. "Market penetration of ethanol," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 394-403, January.
- Liu, Jin & Wu, Jianguo & Liu, Fengqiao & Han, Xingguo, 2012. "Quantitative assessment of bioenergy from crop stalk resources in Inner Mongolia, China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 305-318.
More about this item
Keywordsethanol; net energy balance; corn production; energy security; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uerser:34005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.