International experience on incentive program in support of fuel economy standards and labelling for motor vehicle: A comprehensive review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abbasi, Tasneem & Abbasi, S.A., 2011. "Decarbonization of fossil fuels as a strategy to control global warming," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 1828-1834, May.
- Markandya, Anil & Ortiz, Ramon Arigoni & Mudgal, Shailendra & Tinetti, Benoit, 2009. "Analysis of tax incentives for energy-efficient durables in the EU," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5662-5674, December.
- Sterner, Thomas, 2007. "Fuel taxes: An important instrument for climate policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3194-3202, June.
- Ekins, Paul & Kleinman, Harold & Bell, Sarah & Venn, Andrew, 2010. "Two unannounced environmental tax reforms in the UK: The fuel duty escalator and income tax in the 1990s," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1561-1568, May.
- BenDor, Todd & Ford, Andrew, 2006. "Simulating a combination of feebates and scrappage incentives to reduce automobile emissions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1197-1214.
- Bureau, Benjamin, 2011.
"Distributional effects of a carbon tax on car fuels in France,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 121-130, January.
- Benjamin Bureau, 2011. "Distributional effects of a carbon tax on car fuels in France," Post-Print hal-00530054, HAL.
- Swinbank, Alan & Tranter, Richard & Jones, Philip, 2011. "Mandates, buyouts and fuel-tax rebates: Some economic aspects of biofuel policies using the UK as an example," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1249-1253, March.
- Parry, Ian W.H., 2012.
"Reforming the tax system to promote environmental objectives: An application to Mauritius,"
Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 103-112.
- Parry, Ian W.H., 2011. "Reforming the Tax System to Promote Environmental Objectives: An Application to Mauritius," Discussion Papers dp-11-20, Resources For the Future.
- Ian W.H. Parry, 2011. "Reforming the Tax System to Promote Environmental Objectives; An Application to Mauritius," IMF Working Papers 11/124, International Monetary Fund.
- Khazzoom, J. Daniel & Shelby, Michael & Wolcott, Rob, 1990. "The conflict between energy conservation and environmental policy in the US transportation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 456-458, June.
- Ford, Andrew, 1994. "Electric vehicles and the electric utility company," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 555-570, July.
- Lau, Lee Chung & Lee, Keat Teong & Mohamed, Abdul Rahman, 2012. "Global warming mitigation and renewable energy policy development from the Kyoto Protocol to the Copenhagen Accord—A comment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5280-5284.
- Ford, Andrew, 1982. "Automobile fuel-efficiency and government policy after 1985," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 7(9), pages 731-747.
- Stern, Paul C. & Berry, Linda G. & Hirst, Eric, 1985. "Residential conservation incentives," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 133-142, April.
- Greene, David L. & Patterson, Philip D. & Singh, Margaret & Li, Jia, 2005. "Feebates, rebates and gas-guzzler taxes: a study of incentives for increased fuel economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 757-775, April.
- Blackhurst, Michael & Lima Azevedo, Inês & Scott Matthews, H. & Hendrickson, Chris T., 2011. "Designing building energy efficiency programs for greenhouse gas reductions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5269-5279, September.
- Geller, Howard & Harrington, Philip & Rosenfeld, Arthur H. & Tanishima, Satoshi & Unander, Fridtjof, 2006. "Polices for increasing energy efficiency: Thirty years of experience in OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 556-573, March.
- Small, Kenneth A., 2012. "Energy policies for passenger motor vehicles," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 874-889.
- Greene, David L. & Patterson, Philip D. & Singh, Margaret & Li, Jia, 2005. "Corrigendum to "Feebates, rebates and gas-guzzler taxes: a study of incentives for increased fuel economy" [Energy Policy 33 (2005) 757-775]," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1901-1902, September.
- Storchmann, K. -H., 2001. "The impact of fuel taxes on public transport -- an empirical assessment for Germany," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 19-28, January.
- Transue, Morghan & Felder, Frank A., 2010. "Comparison of energy efficiency incentive programs: Rebates and white certificates," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 103-111, June.
- Sawyer, Stephen W. & Friedlander, Susan C., 1983. "State renewable energy tax incentives: monetary values, correlations, policy questions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 272-277, September.
- Musti, Sashank & Kockelman, Kara M., 2011. "Evolution of the household vehicle fleet: Anticipating fleet composition, PHEV adoption and GHG emissions in Austin, Texas," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 707-720, October.
- Peterman, Andrew & Kourula, Arno & Levitt, Raymond, 2012. "A roadmap for navigating voluntary and mandated programs for building energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 415-426.
- Lancaster, Richard R. & Berndt, Mark J., 1984. "Alternative energy development in the USA The effectiveness of state government incentives," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 170-179, June.
- Umstattd, Ryan J., 2009. "Future energy efficiency improvements within the US department of defense: Incentives and barriers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2870-2880, August.
- Peters, Anja & Mueller, Michel G. & de Haan, Peter & Scholz, Roland W., 2008. "Feebates promoting energy-efficient cars: Design options to address more consumers and possible counteracting effects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1355-1365, April.
- Michaelis, Laurie & Davidson, Ogunlade, 1996. "GHG mitigation in the transport sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10-11), pages 969-984.
- Blumstein, Carl, 2010. "Program evaluation and incentives for administrators of energy-efficiency programs: Can evaluation solve the principal/agent problem?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6232-6239, October.
- Train, Kenneth E. & Davis, William B. & Levine, Mark D., 1997. "Fees and rebates on new vehicles: Impacts on fuel efficiency, carbon dioxide emissions, and consumer surplus," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Mahlia, T.M.I. & Saidur, R., 2010. "A review on test procedure, energy efficiency standards and energy labels for room air conditioners and refrigerator-freezers," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 1888-1900, September.
- Arigoni Ortiz, Ramon & Bastianin, Andrea & Bigano, Andrea & Cattaneo, Cristina & Lanza, Alessandro & Manera, Matteo & Markandya, Anil & Plotegher, Michele & Sferra, Fabio, 2009. "Energy efficiency in Europe: trends, convergence and policy effectiveness," MPRA Paper 15763, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abhyankar, Nikit & Phadke, Amol, 2012. "Impact of large-scale energy efficiency programs on utility finances and consumer tariffs in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 308-326.
- Maruejols, Lucie & Young, Denise, 2011.
"Split incentives and energy efficiency in Canadian multi-family dwellings,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3655-3668, June.
- Young, Denise & Maruejols, Lucie, 2010. "Split Incentives and Energy Efficiency in Canadian Multi-Family Dwellings," Working Papers 2010-18, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2008. "Comparing flexibility mechanisms for fuel economy standards," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 3106-3114, August.
- Barla, Philippe & Proost, Stef, 2012. "Energy efficiency policy in a non-cooperative world," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2209-2215.
- Boonin, David Magnus, 2009. "A Rate Design to Increase Efficiency and Reduce Revenue Requirements," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 68-78, May.
- Johnson, Kenneth C., 2006. "Feebates: An effective regulatory instrument for cost-constrained environmental policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3965-3976, December.
- Wirtshafter, Robert M. & Denver, Andrea, 1991. "Incentives for energy conservation in schools," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 480-487, June.
- de Haan, Peter & Mueller, Michel G. & Scholz, Roland W., 2009. "How much do incentives affect car purchase? Agent-based microsimulation of consumer choice of new cars--Part II: Forecasting effects of feebates based on energy-efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1083-1094, March.
- Johnson, Kenneth C., 2007. "California's greenhouse gas law, Assembly Bill 1493: Deficiencies, alternatives, and implications for regulatory climate policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 362-372, January.
- Ibon Galarraga & Mikel González-Eguino & Anil Markandya, 2010. "Evaluating the Role of Energy Efficiency Labels: the Case of Dish Washers," Working Papers 2010-06, BC3.
- Schultz, Don & Eto, Joseph, 1990. "Carrots and sticks: Shared-savings incentive programs for energy efficiency," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(10), pages 32-32, December.
- Santos, Georgina & Behrendt, Hannah & Maconi, Laura & Shirvani, Tara & Teytelboym, Alexander, 2010. "Part I: Externalities and economic policies in road transport," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 2-45.
More about this item
KeywordsIncentive program; Fuel economy label; Fuel economy standard; Energy efficiency; Passenger car;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:25:y:2013:i:c:p:18-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.