The effects of dollar appreciation on sectoral labor market adjustments: Theory and evidence
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thorvaldur Gylfason & Michael Schmid, 1983. "Does Devaluation Cause Stagflation?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 641-54, November.
- Krugman, Paul & Taylor, Lance, 1978.
"Contractionary effects of devaluation,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 445-456, August.
- Simon Burgess & Michael M. Knetter, 1996.
"An International Comparison of Employment Adjustment to Exchange Rate Fluctuations,"
NBER Working Papers
5861, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burgess, Simon M & Knetter, Michael M, 1998. "An International Comparison of Employment Adjustment to Exchange Rate Fluctuations," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 151-63, February.
- Barbone, Luca & Rivera-Batiz, Francisco, 1987. "Foreign capital and the contractionary impact of currency devaluation, with an application to Jamaica," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-15, June.
- Solimano, Andres, 1986. "Contractionary devaluation in the southern cone : The case of Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 135-151, September.
- Glick, Reuven & Hutchison, Michael M, 1990.
"Does Exchange Rate Appreciation 'Deindustrialize' the Open Economy? A Critique of U.S. Evidence,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 19-37, January.
- Reuven Glick & Michael M. Hutchison, 1988. "Does exchange rate appreciation 'deindustrialize' the open economy? a critique of U.S. evidence," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 88-04, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Engle, Robert F., 1982. "A general approach to lagrange multiplier model diagnostics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 83-104, October.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-47, February.
- Dufour, J.M., 1981.
"Generalized Chow Tests for Structural Change: a Coordinate-Free Approach,"
Cahiers de recherche
8128, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Dufour, Jean-Marie, 1982. "Generalized Chow Tests for Structural Change: A Coordinate-Free Approach," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(3), pages 565-75, October.
- Keith E. Maskus, 1990.
"Normative Concerns in the International Protection of Intellectual Property Rights,"
in: New Issues in the Uruguay Round, pages 387-409
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith E. Maskus, 1990. "Normative Concerns in the International Protection of Intellectual Property Rights," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 387-409, 09.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991.
"Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992. "Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Tom Doan, . "KPSS: RATS procedure to perform KPSS (Kwiatowski, Phillips, Schmidt, and Shin) stationarity test," Statistical Software Components RTS00100, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Kandil, Magda & Woods, Jeffrey G, 1997. "Cyclical Comovements in Industrial Labor and Product Markets: Theory and Evidence," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 725-44, October.
- Van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1986.
"Exchange rate management and stabilization policies in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 227-247, October.
- Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1986. "Exchange Rate Management and Stabilization Policies in Developing Countries," NBER Chapters, in: Economic Adjustment and Exchange Rates in Developing Countries, pages 17-42 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enrique G. Mendoza, 1992. "The Effects of Macroeconomic Shocks in a Basic Equilibrium Framework," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(4), pages 855-889, December.
- Hanson, James A., 1983. "Contractionary devaluation, substitution in production and consumption, and the role of the labor market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 179-189, February.
- Linda Goldberg & Joseph Tracy, 1999.
"Exchange Rates and Local Labor Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
6985, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adrian Pagan, 1986. "Two Stage and Related Estimators and Their Applications," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 517-538.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Linda S. Goldberg, 1997. "The evolving external orientation of manufacturing: a profile of four countries," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 53-81.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:43:y:2003:i:1:p:89-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.