The Effects of Exchange Rate Fluctuations on Output and Prices: Evidence from Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Magda E. Kandil & Ida Aghdas Mirzaie, 2003. "The Effects of Exchange Rate Fluctuationson Output and Prices; Evidence From Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 03/200, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F., 1982. "A general approach to lagrange multiplier model diagnostics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 83-104, October.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Guitian, Manuel, 1976. "The effects of changes in the exchange rate on output, prices and the balance of payments," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 65-74, February.
- Alexander W. Hoffmaister & Carlos A. VÃ©gh, 1996.
"Disinflation and The Recession-Now-versus-Recession-Later Hypothesis: Evidence from Uruguay,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(2), pages 355-394, June.
- Carlos A. Végh Gramont & Willy W. Hoffmaister, 1995. "Disinflation and the Recession-Now-Versus-Recession-Later Hypothesis; Evidence From Uruguay," IMF Working Papers 95/99, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813209398_0013 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco L. Rivera-Batiz & Luis A. Rivera-Batiz, 2018.
"Foreign Capital and the Contractionary Impact of Currency Devaluation, with an Application to Jamaica,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Trade, Capital Flows and Economic Development, chapter 13, pages 353-370
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Barbone, Luca & Rivera-Batiz, Francisco, 1987. "Foreign capital and the contractionary impact of currency devaluation, with an application to Jamaica," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-15, June.
- Edward, Sebastian, 1986. "Are Devaluations Contractionary?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 501-508, August.
- Rogers, John H. & Wang, Ping, 1995.
"Output, inflation, and stabilization in a small open economy: Evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 271-293, April.
- Rogers, John H. & Wang, Ping, 1993. "Output, inflation, and stabilization in a small open economy: evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 9315, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Radetzki, Marian, 1991. "Does Devaluation Make Sense in the Least Developed Countries?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(1), pages 1-25, October.
- J. Saul Lizondo & Peter J. Montiel, 1989. "Contractionary Devaluation in Developing Countries: An Analytical Overview," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(1), pages 182-227, March.
- Hanson, James A., 1983. "Contractionary devaluation, substitution in production and consumption, and the role of the labor market," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 179-189, February.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1991. "Output, devaluation and the real exchange rate in developing countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 127(1), pages 18-41, March.
- Kamin, Steve B. & Rogers, John H., 2000.
"Output and the real exchange rate in developing countries: an application to Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 85-109, February.
- Steven B. Kamin & John H. Rogers, 1997. "Output and the real exchange rate in developing countries: an application to Mexico," International Finance Discussion Papers 580, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-247, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ukb:journl:y:2017:i:241:p:33-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Magda Kandil & Ida A. Mirzaie, 2008. "The Impact Of Capital and Remittance Flows on Economic Performance in MENA Countries," Working Papers 440, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2008.
- Chan, Tze-Haw, 2014. "Trade Balance, Foreign Exchange and Macroeconomic Impacts: An Empirical Assessment for China and Malaysia," MPRA Paper 59539, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Aug 2014.
- repec:gei:jnlfer:v:1:y:2016:i:2:p:119-133 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dug:actaec:y:2017:i:3:p:178-193 is not listed on IDEAS
- Magda Kandil & Ida Mirzaie, 2006. "Consumption and macroeconomic policies: Theory and evidence from developing countries," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 469-491.
- Zakee SAADAT & Dawood MAMOON, 2016.
"Destination EU and USA: Improving Export Potential of Pakistan by Trading with India,"
Journal of Economics and Political Economy,
KSP Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 659-669, December.
- Saadat, Zakee & Mamoon, Dawood, 2016. "Destination EU and USA: Improving Export Potential of Pakistan by Trading with India," MPRA Paper 69726, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hussain, Karrar, 2009. "Causal Ordering Between Inflation and Productivity of Labor and Capital: An Empirical Approach for Pakistan," MPRA Paper 16486, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jameelah Omolara Yaqub, 2013. "The Impact of Exchange Rate Changes on Disaggregated Agricultural Output in Nigeria: A Two-Stage-Least-Squares Approach," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 6(1), pages 75-89, April.
- repec:rfe:zbefri:v:35:y:2017:i:1:p:73-95 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsexchange rate; anticipated vs. unanticipated appreciation; supply vs. demand channels; real and inflationary effects;
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jda:journl:vol.38:year:2004:issue2:pp:189-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Abu N.M. Wahid) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbtnsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.