Does Devaluation work for India?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rose, Andrew K. & Yellen, Janet L., 1989. "Is there a J-curve?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 53-68, July.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Seema Narayan, 2007. "Is devaluation expansionary or contractionary? Empirical evidence from Fiji," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(20), pages 2589-2598.
- Krugman, Paul & Taylor, Lance, 1978. "Contractionary effects of devaluation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 445-456, August.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Das, Sandwip Kumar, 1997. "India's rupee devaluation, trade balance and unemployment: A producer theory approach," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 51-66.
- Swarnjit Arora & Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Gour Goswami, 2003. "Bilateral J-curve between India and her trading partners," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 1037-1041.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Miteza, Ilir, 2002. "Do nominal devaluations lead to real devaluations in LDCs?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 385-391, February.
- Solimano, Andres, 1986. "Contractionary devaluation in the southern cone : The case of Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 135-151, September.
- Barbone, Luca & Rivera-Batiz, Francisco, 1987. "Foreign capital and the contractionary impact of currency devaluation, with an application to Jamaica," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-15, June.
- Kim, Yoonbai & Ying, Yung-Hsiang, 2007. "An empirical assessment of currency devaluation in East Asian countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 265-283, March.
- Edward, Sebastian, 1986. "Are Devaluations Contractionary?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 501-508, August.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Magda Kandil, 2002. "Are devaluations contractionary in Asia?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 69-82.
- Taye, Haile Kebret, 1999. "The Impact of Devaluation on Macroeconomic Performance: The Case of Ethiopia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 481-496, July.
- Donal J. Donovan, 1981. "Real Responses Associated with Exchange Rate Action in Selected Upper Credit Tranche Stabilization Programs (RÃ©sultats liÃ©s Ã une modification du taux de change dans le cadre de programmes de stabil," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 28(4), pages 698-727, December.
- Morgan, Theodore & Davis, Albert, 1982. "The Concomitants of Exchange-Rate Depreciation: Less Developed Countries, 1971-1973," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(1), pages 101-129, October.
- Upadhyaya, Kamal P., 1999. "Currency devaluation, aggregate output, and the long run: an empirical study," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 197-202, August.
- Ramkishen S. Rajan & Chung-Hua Shen, 2002. "Are crisis-induced devaluations contractionary?," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 2002-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Sheehey, Edmund J., 1986. "Unanticipated inflation, devaluation and output in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 665-671, May.
- Van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1986.
"Exchange rate management and stabilization policies in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 227-247, October.
- Sweder van Wijnbergen, 1986. "Exchange Rate Management and Stabilization Policies in Developing Countries," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Adjustment and Exchange Rates in Developing Countries, pages 17-42 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Niroomand, Farhang, 1998. "Long-run price elasticities and the Marshall-Lerner condition revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 101-109, October.
- Roland Vaubel, 1976.
"Real exchange-rate changes in the European community: The empirical evidence and its implications for European currency unification,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 112(3), pages 429-470, September.
- Vaubel, Roland, 1976. "Real exchange-rate changes in the European Community: The empirical evidence and its implications for European currency unification," Kiel Working Papers 39, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Thorvaldur Gylfason & Michael Schmid, 1983. "Does Devaluation Cause Stagflation?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 641-654, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:coecpo:v:35:y:2017:i:3:p:472-483 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:10:p:2226-2254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohsen Bahmani & Hanafiah Harvey & Scott W. Hegerty, 2013. "Empirical tests of the Marshall-Lerner condition: a literature review," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(3), pages 411-443, May.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Faridul Islam & Naveed Aamir, 2012.
"Is devaluation contractionary? Empirical evidence for Pakistan,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 299-316, November.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Faridul, Islam & Naveed, Aamir, 2011. "Is devaluation contractionary? empirical evidence for Pakistan," MPRA Paper 32520, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Aug 2011.
- Yu Hsing, 2016. "Is Real Depreciation Expansionary? The Case of Ireland," Bulletin of Applied Economics, Risk Market Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-9.
- repec:bpj:glecon:v:13:y:2017:i:1:p:6:n:7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tiwari, Aviral & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2011. "India's trade with USA and her trade balance: An empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 29023, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDevaluation; Expansionary effects; India; Rupee; bounds-testing; cointegration;
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-09-00392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.