Does an Undervalued Currency Promote Growth? Evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hakkio, Craig S. & Rush, Mark, 1991. "Cointegration: how short is the long run?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 571-581, December.
- Solimano, Andres, 1986. "Contractionary devaluation in the southern cone : The case of Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 135-151, September.
- Kremers, Jeroen J M & Ericsson, Neil R & Dolado, Juan J, 1992. "The Power of Cointegration Tests," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 325-348, August.
- M Bahmani-Oskooee & I Miteza, 2003. "Are Devaluations Expansionary or Contractionary? A survey article," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 8(2), pages 1-28, September.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Artatrana Ratha, 2004. "The J-Curve: a literature review," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(13), pages 1377-1398.
- Chou, Win Lin & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2001. "Are currency devaluations effective? A panel unit root test," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 19-25, July.
- Nunnenkamp, Peter & Schweickert, Rainer, 1990. "Adjustment policies and economic growth in developing countries: is devaluation contractionary?," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1449, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Edward, Sebastian, 1986. "Are Devaluations Contractionary?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 501-508, August.
- Stephen P. Magee, 1973. "Currency Contracts, Pass-Through, and Devaluation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(1), pages 303-325.
- Upadhyaya, Kamal P., 1999. "Currency devaluation, aggregate output, and the long run: an empirical study," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 197-202, August.
- Yu Hsing, 2004. "Impacts of Fiscal Policy, Monetary Policy, and Exchange Rate Policy on Real GDP in Brazil: A VAR Model," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 6(1), February.
- Brada, Josef C & Kutan, Ali M & Zhou, Su, 1993. "China's Exchange Rate and the Balance of Trade," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 229-242.
- Yu Hsing & Wen-Jen Hsieh, 2004. "Impacts of Monetary, Fiscal and Exchange Rate Policies on Output in China: A Var Approach," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 125-139, June.
- Wei Weixian, 1999. "An empirical study of the foreign trade balance in China," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(8), pages 485-490.
- Zhang, Zhaoyong, 1998. "Does Devaluation of the Renminbi Improve China’s Balance of Trade?," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 51(3), pages 437-445.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Seema Narayan, 2007. "Is devaluation expansionary or contractionary? Empirical evidence from Fiji," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(20), pages 2589-2598.
- Kamin, Steve B. & Rogers, John H., 2000.
"Output and the real exchange rate in developing countries: an application to Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 85-109, February.
- Steven B. Kamin & John H. Rogers, 1997. "Output and the real exchange rate in developing countries: an application to Mexico," International Finance Discussion Papers 580, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kim, Yoonbai & Ying, Yung-Hsiang, 2007. "An empirical assessment of currency devaluation in East Asian countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 265-283, March.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Magda Kandil, 2002. "Are devaluations contractionary in Asia?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 69-82.
- Taye, Haile Kebret, 1999. "The Impact of Devaluation on Macroeconomic Performance: The Case of Ethiopia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 481-496, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Faridul Islam & Naveed Aamir, 2012.
"Is devaluation contractionary? Empirical evidence for Pakistan,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 299-316, November.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Faridul, Islam & Naveed, Aamir, 2011. "Is devaluation contractionary? empirical evidence for Pakistan," MPRA Paper 32520, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Aug 2011.
More about this item
Keywordsdevaluation; output; growth; China; cointegration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:scs:wpaper:0802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (King Banaian). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edstcus.html .