Adjustment policies and economic growth in developing countries: is devaluation contractionary?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Balassa, Bela, 1984. "Adjustment policies in developing countries: A reassessment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(9), pages 955-972, September.
- Tyler, William G., 1981. "Growth and export expansion in developing countries : Some empirical evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 121-130, August.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Risager, Ole, 1984. "Does devaluation improve the current account?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 37-64, June.
- Marian E. Bond, 1983. "Agricultural Responses to Prices in Sub-Saharan African Countries (RÃ©actions du secteur agricole aux prix en Afrique au sud du Sahara) (Reacciones de la agricultura ante los precios en los paÃses de," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(4), pages 703-726, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:289918 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mbr:jmonec:v:8:y:2013:i:2:p:1-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Artatrana Ratha & Eungmin Kang & Mary Edwards, 2008. "Does an Undervalued Currency Promote Growth? Evidence from China," Working Papers 2008-2 Classification- F3, Saint Cloud State University, Department of Economics.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Magda Kandil, 2010.
"Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Output in Oil-Producing Countries: The Case of Iran,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 23-45, May.
- Magda E. Kandil & Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee, 2007. "Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Output in Oil-Producing Countries; The Case of Iran," IMF Working Papers 07/113, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:gam:jecomi:v:6:y:2018:i:4:p:52-:d:171410 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1991. "Output, devaluation and the real exchange rate in developing countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 127(1), pages 18-41, March.
- M Bahmani-Oskooee & I Miteza, 2006. "Stock Market Growth: An analysis of cointegration and causality," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 11(1), pages 37-64, March.
- Tesfachew T., 1992. "Government policies and the urban informal sector in Africa," ILO Working Papers 992899183402676, International Labour Organization.
- Yu Hsing, 2016. "Is Real Depreciation Contractionary? The Case of South Korea," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(4), pages 1951-1958.
- Zelealem Yiheyis, 2006. "The Effects of Devaluation on Aggregate Output: Empirical Evidence from Africa," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 21-45.
- Ghura, Dhaneshwar, 1995. "Effects of macroeconomic policies on income growth, inflation, and output growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 367-395, August.
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:1:y:2015:i:3:p:217-239 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mashkoor, Asim & Ahmed, Ovais & Herani, Dr. Gobin, 2015. "The relationship between Foreign Currency trading and Economic Development: A case Study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 64482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwkie:1449. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.