A Note on the Impact of Devaluation and the Redistributive Effect
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rudiger Dornbusch, 1984. "Argentina Since Martinez De Hoz," NBER Working Papers 1466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2009. "International Finance and Growth in Developing Countries: What Have We Learned?," NBER Working Papers 14691, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilberto Lima & Gabriel Porcile, 2013.
"Economic growth and income distribution with heterogeneous preferences on the real exchange rate,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 651-674.
- Lima, Gilberto Tadeu & Porcile, Gabriel, 2011. "Economic growth and income distribution with heterogeneous preferences on the real exchange rate," MPRA Paper 32356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eugenio Diaz Bonilla & Hector E. Schamis, 1999. "The Political Economy of Exchange Rate Policies in Argentina," Research Department Publications 3078, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Bahmani-Oskooee Mohsen & Mirzaie Aghdas, 2000. "The Long-Run Effects of Depreciation of The Dollar on Sectoral Output," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 51-61.
- Mark Crosby & Glenn Otto, 2001. "Growth and the Real Exchange Rate - Evidence from Eleven Countries," Working Papers 082001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Eugenio Diaz Bonilla & Hector E. Schamis, 1999. "La economía política de las políticas de cambio en Argentina," Research Department Publications 3079, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- John H. Welch & Darryl McLeod, 1993. "The costs and benefits of fixed dollar exchange rates in Latin America," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Jan, pages 31-44.
- Ernesto H. Stein & Jeffry Frieden & Piero Ghezzi, 2000. "Politics and Exchange Rates: A Cross-Country Approach to Latin America," Research Department Publications 3119, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Arslan Razmi, 2005. "The Contractionary Short-Run Effects of Nominal Devaluation in Developing Countries: Some Neglected Nuances," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-09, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2006.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2008. "Financial Openness, Currency Crises, and Output Losses," NBER Chapters,in: Financial Markets Volatility and Performance in Emerging Markets, pages 97-120 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Felipe Larrain & Jeffrey Sachs, 1986. "Contractionary Devaluation, and Dynamic Adjustment of Exports and Wages," NBER Working Papers 2078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Frenkel & Martin Rapetti, 2010.
"A Concise History of Exchange Rate Regimes in Latin America,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2010-01, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Frankel & Martín Rapetti, 2010. "A Concise History of Exchange Rate Regimes in Latin America," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2010-11, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- JoaoRicardo Faria & Francisco Galrao Caneiro, 2003. "Devalution, Output and Wages," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 15-27.
- Oscar Dancourt & Waldo Mendoza, 1991. "Política monetaria en una economía de mercado dolarizada: un modelo para el Perú," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 1991-93, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Shaghil Ahmed & Christopher J. Gust & Steven B. Kamin & Jonathan Huntley, 2002. "Are depreciations as contractionary as devaluations? A comparison of selected emerging and industrial economies," International Finance Discussion Papers 737, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Emiliano Basco & Tomás Castagnino & Sebastián Katz & Sebastián Vargas, 2007. "Monetary Policy Under Uncertainty, Regime Change and High Volatility," BCRA Working Paper Series 200725, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department.
- Andrés Solimano, 1985. "Efectos de una Devaluación sobre el Producto, la Balanza Comercial y el Empleo: Un Modelo para el Caso Chileno," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 22(67), pages 357-372.
- Linda Kamas, 1992. "Devaluation, national output and the trade balance: Some evidence from Colombia," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 128(3), pages 425-445, September.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1991. "Output, devaluation and the real exchange rate in developing countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 127(1), pages 18-41, March.
- Cicowiez, Martin & Diaz-Bonilla, Carolina & Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio, 2009. "Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Poverty and Inequality in Argentina," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 52793, World Bank.
- Hilary Croke & Steven B. Kamin & Sylvain Leduc, 2005. "Financial market developments and economic activity during current account adjustments in industrial economies," International Finance Discussion Papers 827, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:71:y:1963:p:577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .