A Note on the Impact of Devaluation and the Redistributive Effect
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Felipe Larrain & Jeffrey Sachs, 1986. "Contractionary Devaluation, and Dynamic Adjustment of Exports and Wages," NBER Working Papers 2078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rudiger Dornbusch, 1984. "Argentina Since Martinez De Hoz," NBER Working Papers 1466, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Frenkel & Martin Rapetti, 2010.
"A Concise History of Exchange Rate Regimes in Latin America,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2010-01, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Frankel & Martín Rapetti, 2010. "A Concise History of Exchange Rate Regimes in Latin America," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2010-11, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2009. "International Finance and Growth in Developing Countries: What Have We Learned?," NBER Working Papers 14691, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- JoaoRicardo Faria & Francisco Galrao Caneiro, 2003. "Devalution, Output and Wages," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 15-27.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Gabriel Porcile, 2013. "Economic growth and income distribution with heterogeneous preferences on the real exchange rate," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 35(4), pages 651-674, July.
- Lima, Gilberto Tadeu & Porcile, Gabriel, 2011. "Economic growth and income distribution with heterogeneous preferences on the real exchange rate," MPRA Paper 32356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eugenio Diaz Bonilla & Hector E. Schamis, 1999. "The Political Economy of Exchange Rate Policies in Argentina," Research Department Publications 3078, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Bahmani-Oskooee Mohsen & Mirzaie Aghdas, 2000. "The Long-Run Effects of Depreciation of The Dollar on Sectoral Output," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 51-61.
- Oscar Dancourt & Waldo Mendoza, 1991. "Política monetaria en una economía de mercado dolarizada: un modelo para el Perú," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 1991-93, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Shaghil Ahmed & Christopher J. Gust & Steven B. Kamin & Jonathan Huntley, 2002. "Are depreciations as contractionary as devaluations? A comparison of selected emerging and industrial economies," International Finance Discussion Papers 737, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mark Crosby & Glenn Otto, 2001. "Growth and the Real Exchange Rate - Evidence from Eleven Countries," Working Papers 082001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Eugenio Diaz Bonilla & Hector E. Schamis, 1999. "La economía política de las políticas de cambio en Argentina," Research Department Publications 3079, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- John H. Welch & Darryl McLeod, 1993. "The costs and benefits of fixed dollar exchange rates in Latin America," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Jan, pages 31-44.
- Emiliano Basco & Tomás Castagnino & Sebastián Katz & Sebastián Vargas, 2007. "Monetary Policy Under Uncertainty, Regime Change and High Volatility," BCRA Working Paper Series 200725, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department.
- Andrés Solimano, 1985. "Efectos de una Devaluación sobre el Producto, la Balanza Comercial y el Empleo: Un Modelo para el Caso Chileno," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 22(67), pages 357-372.
- Ernesto H. Stein & Jeffry Frieden & Piero Ghezzi, 2000. "Politics and Exchange Rates: A Cross-Country Approach to Latin America," Research Department Publications 3119, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Linda Kamas, 1992. "Devaluation, national output and the trade balance: Some evidence from Colombia," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 128(3), pages 425-445, September.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor, 1991. "Output, devaluation and the real exchange rate in developing countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 127(1), pages 18-41, March.
- Arslan Razmi, 2005. "The Contractionary Short-Run Effects of Nominal Devaluation in Developing Countries: Some Neglected Nuances," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2005-09, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2006.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2008. "Financial Openness, Currency Crises, and Output Losses," NBER Chapters,in: Financial Markets Volatility and Performance in Emerging Markets, pages 97-120 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cicowiez, Martin & Diaz-Bonilla, Carolina & Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio, 2009. "Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Poverty and Inequality in Argentina," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 52793, World Bank.
- Hilary Croke & Steven B. Kamin & Sylvain Leduc, 2005. "Financial market developments and economic activity during current account adjustments in industrial economies," International Finance Discussion Papers 827, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:71:y:1963:p:577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed