Electronic supply network coordination in agrifood networks: Barriers, potentials, and path dependencies
Supply chain management (SCM) has emerged as cross functional, cross company concept to improve coordination of entire value chains through coordinated actions of all companies. It has received a major push from the availability of internet-based information and communication technologies. The conditions in certain sectors are favorable for a realization of chain wide SCM. In other sectors, however, conditions are more complex and companies and value chains still struggle to exploit the potentials from SCM, in particular when it comes to cross enterprise coordination. This paper analyses the case of a complex supply network and follows the research question why complex networks do not exploit the potentials from cross enterprise SCM.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hausen, Tobias & Fritz, Melanie & Schiefer, Gerhard, 2006. "Potential of electronic trading in complex supply chains: An experimental study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 580-597, December.
- Disney, S. M. & Naim, M. M. & Potter, A., 2004. "Assessing the impact of e-business on supply chain dynamics," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 109-118, May.
- Frederick J. Riggins & Charles H. Kriebel & Tridas Mukhopadhyay, 1994. "The Growth of Interorganizational Systems in the Presence of Network Externalities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(8), pages 984-998, August.
- Brabazon, Philip G. & MacCarthy, Bart, 2006. "Fundamental behaviour of virtual-build-to-order systems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 514-524, December.
- Elkins, Debra A. & Huang, Ningjian & Alden, Jeffrey M., 2004. "Agile manufacturing systems in the automotive industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 201-214, October.
- Levidow, L. & Bijman, J., 2002. "Farm inputs under pressure from the European food industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 31-45, February.
- Fritz, Melanie & Hausen, Tobias & Schiefer, Gerhard, 2004. "Developments and Development Directions of Electronic Trade Platforms in US and European Agri-Food Markets: Impact on Sector Organization," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 7(01).
- Jeffrey H Dyer & Wujin Chu, 2000. "The Determinants of Trust in Supplier-Automaker Relationships in the U.S., Japan and Korea," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(2), pages 259-285, June.
- Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2004. "PfadabhÃ¤ngigkeit als Forschungsprogramm fÃ¼r die AgrarÃ¶konomie," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 53(3).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:121:y:2009:i:2:p:441-453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.