Testing for contagion under asymmetric dynamics: Evidence from the stock markets between US and Taiwan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Comovements,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2223-2261, October.
- Kristin Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 1999. "No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Co-movements," NBER Working Papers 7267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tse, Y. K., 2000.
"A test for constant correlations in a multivariate GARCH model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 107-127, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Tse's constant correlation GARCH test results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00161, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "TSECCTEST: RATS procedure to perform Tse test for constant correlation in MV-GARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTS00214, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-1778, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1990. "Modelling the Coherence in Short-run Nominal Exchange Rates: A Multivariate Generalized ARCH Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 498-505, August.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Korkmaz, Turhan & Çevik, Emrah İ. & Atukeren, Erdal, 2012. "Return and volatility spillovers among CIVETS stock markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 230-252.
- Kang, Sang Hoon & Cheong, Chongcheul & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2011. "Structural changes and volatility transmission in crude oil markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(23), pages 4317-4324.
- Mohamed el hédi Arouri & Fredj Jawadi, 2011. "Do on/off time series models reproduce emerging stock market comovements?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 960-968.
- Serge Darolles & Jeremy Dudek & Gaëlle Le Fol, 2012.
"Liquidity Contagion. The Emerging Sovereign Debt Markets example,"
- Serge Darolles & Jeremy Dudek & Gaëlle Le Fol, 2013. "Liquidity Contagion. The Emerging Sovereign Debt Markets example," Post-Print hal-01632782, HAL.
- Juan Benjamín Duarte Duarte & Juan Manuel Mascare?nas Pérez-Iñigo, 2014. "Comprobación de la eficiencia débil en los principales mercados financieros latinoamericanos," ESTUDIOS GERENCIALES, UNIVERSIDAD ICESI, November.
- Kuan-Min Wang & Hung-Cheng Lai, 2013. "Which Global Stock Indices Trigger Stronger Contagion Risk in the Vietnamese Stock Market? Evidence Using a Bivariate Analysis," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(4), pages 473-497, June.
- Okur, Mustafa & Cevik, Emrah Ismail, 2013. "Testing intraday volatility spillovers in Turkish capital markets: evidence from ISE," MPRA Paper 71477, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Dudek, Jérémy, 2013. "Illiquidité, contagion et risque systémique," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/13236 edited by Le Fol, Gaëlle, July.
- Kundu, Srikanta & Sarkar, Nityananda, 2016. "Return and volatility interdependences in up and down markets across developed and emerging countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 297-311.
- Kuan-Min Wang, 2013. "Did Vietnam stock market avoid the “contagion risk” from China and the U.S.? The contagion effect test with dynamic correlation coefficients," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 2143-2161, June.
- Nadhem Selmi & Meriam Chihi-Bouaziz & Nejib Hachicha & Younes Boujelbène & Damien Bazin, 2013. "Testing for Contagion of the Subprime Financial Crisis under Asymmetric Dynamics," Post-Print halshs-01070751, HAL.
- Hui, Eddie Chi-man & Chan, Ka Kwan Kevin, 2014. "The global financial crisis: Is there any contagion between real estate and equity markets?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 405(C), pages 216-225.
- Chen, Wang & Wei, Yu & Lang, Qiaoqi & Lin, Yu & Liu, Maojuan, 2014. "Financial market volatility and contagion effect: A copula–multifractal volatility approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 398(C), pages 289-300.
- Lahmiri, Salim, 2017. "Asymmetric and persistent responses in price volatility of fertilizers through stable and unstable periods," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 466(C), pages 405-414.
- Sinem Derindere KOSEOGLU & Emrah Ismail CEVIK, 2013. "Testing for Causality in Mean and Variance between the Stock Market and the Foreign Exchange Market: An Application to the Major Central and Eastern European Countries," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(1), pages 65-86, March.
More about this item
KeywordsContagion effect; DCC multivariate GARCH model; ICSS algorithm; Stock market;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:phsmap:v:376:y:2007:i:c:p:422-432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.