Understanding Business Improvement District formation: An analysis of neighborhoods and boundaries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jan K. Brueckner & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 2009.
"Gentrification and Neighborhood Housing Cycles: Will America's Future Downtowns Be Rich?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(4), pages 725-743, November.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 2005. "Gentrification and Neighborhood Housing Cycles: Will America’s Future Downtowns Be Rich?," Working Papers 050611, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 2005. "Gentrification and Neighborhood Housing Cycles: Will America's Future Downtowns be Rich?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1579, CESifo Group Munich.
- Neumark, David & Kolko, Jed, 2010.
"Do enterprise zones create jobs? Evidence from California's enterprise zone program,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 1-19, July.
- David Neumark & Jed Kolko, 2008. "Do Enterprise Zones Create Jobs? Evidence from California's Enterprise Zone Program," NBER Working Papers 14530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 1998. "Private government," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 281-304, June.
- Sandra E. Black, 1999.
"Do Better Schools Matter? Parental Valuation of Elementary Education,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 577-599.
- Sandra E. Black, 1997. "Do better schools matter? Parental valuation of elementary education," Research Paper 9729, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Goodman, Robert P, 1973. "Private Demands for Public Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 280-296, June.
- Robert Greenbaum & John Engberg, 2000. "An Evaluation Of State Enterprise Zone Policies," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 17(2-3), pages 29-45, June.
- Brooks, Leah, 2007.
"Unveiling Hidden Districts: Assessing the Adoption Patterns of Business Improvement Districts in California,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 60(1), pages 5-24, March.
- Leah Brooks, 2006. "Unveiling Hidden Districts: Assessing The Adoption Patterns Of Business Improvement Districts In California," Departmental Working Papers 2006-03, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Leah Brooks, 2006. "Does Spatial Variation in Heterogeneity Matter? Assessing the Adoption Patterns of Business Improvement Districts," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 23(6), pages 1219-1234, November.
- Robert T. Greenbaum & John B. Engberg, 2004. "The impact of state enterprise zones on urban manufacturing establishments," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(2), pages 315-339.
- William C. Strange & Robert W. Helsley, 2000. "Social Interactions and the Institutions of Local Government," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1477-1490, December.
- Bond, Eric W. & Coulson, N. Edward, 1989. "Externalities, filtering, and neighborhood change," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 231-249, September.
- Howard R. Bowen, 1943. "The Interpretation of Voting in the Allocation of Economic Resources," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(1), pages 27-48.
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 2000. "Potential competition and public sector performance," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 405-428, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:epplan:v:72:y:2019:i:c:p:125-135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miller, Mark V., 2013. "Valuing local collective goods: the case of business improvement districts," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150635, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness Improvement Districts; Private governments; Public good provision; Urban revitalization; Economic development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juecon:v:71:y:2012:i:1:p:66-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.