In search of status through brands from Western and Asian origins: Examining the changing face of fashion clothing consumption in Chinese young adults
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Kyung Hoon & Ko, Eunju & Xu, Bing & Han, Yoosun, 2012. "Increasing customer equity of luxury fashion brands through nurturing consumer attitude," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1495-1499.
- Homer, Pamela Miles, 2008. "Perceived quality and image: When all is not "rosy"," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(7), pages 715-723, July.
- Lertwannawit, Aurathai & Mandhachitara, Rujirutana, 2012. "Interpersonal effects on fashion consciousness and status consumption moderated by materialism in metropolitan men," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1408-1416.
- Chao, Angela & Schor, Juliet B., 1998. "Empirical tests of status consumption: Evidence from women's cosmetics," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 107-131, February.
- Jarvis, Cheryl Burke & MacKenzie, Scott B & Podsakoff, Philip M, 2003. "A Critical Review of Construct Indicators and Measurement Model Misspecification in Marketing and Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 199-218, September.
- Naresh K. Malhotra & Sung S. Kim & Ashutosh Patil, 2006. "Common Method Variance in IS Research: A Comparison of Alternative Approaches and a Reanalysis of Past Research," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(12), pages 1865-1883, December.
- Zhou, Joyce Xin & Arnold, Mark J. & Pereira, Arun & Yu, Jun, 2010. "Chinese consumer decision-making styles: A comparison between the coastal and inland regions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 45-51, January.
- Rook, Dennis W & Fisher, Robert J, 1995. "Normative Influences on Impulsive Buying Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 305-313, December.
- Hume, Margee, 2010. "Compassion without action: Examining the young consumers consumption and attitude to sustainable consumption," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 385-394, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu, Shubin & Hudders, Liselot & Cauberghe, Verolien, 2018. "Are fashion consumers like schooling fish? The effectiveness of popularity cues in fashion e-commerce," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 105-116.
- Semaan, Rania W. & Lindsay, Val & Williams, Paul & Ashill, Nick, 2019. "The influence of gender roles in the drivers of luxury consumption for women: Insights from the gulf region," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 165-175.
- Roux, Elyette & Tafani, Eric & Vigneron, Franck, 2017. "Values associated with luxury brand consumption and the role of gender," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 102-113.
- Kim, Jae-Eun & Lloyd, Stephen & Cervellon, Marie-Cécile, 2016. "Narrative-transportation storylines in luxury brand advertising: Motivating consumer engagement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 304-313.
- Amendola, Carlo & Calabrese, Mario & Caputo, Francesco & Fabrizio, Dâ€™Ascenzo, 2018. "Fashion companies and customer satisfaction: A relation mediated by Information and Communication Technologies," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 251-257.
- Ibrahim Abosag & David Ross Brennan, 2017. "Understanding marketing innovativeness in Asia: a research agenda," Asian Business & Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(4), pages 212-225, December.
- Pino, Giovanni & Amatulli, Cesare & Peluso, Alessandro M. & Nataraajan, Rajan & Guido, Gianluigi, 2019. "Brand prominence and social status in luxury consumption: A comparison of emerging and mature markets," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 163-172.
- Siahtiri, Vida & Lee, Wai Jin (Thomas), 2019. "How do materialists choose prominent brands in emerging markets?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 133-138.
- Pierfrancesco Dotta & Marco Tolotti & Jorge Yepez, 2017. "Measuring Brand Awareness In A Random Utility Model," Advances in Complex Systems (ACS), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(02n03), pages 1-11, March.
- Cappellini, Benedetta & Hosany, Sameer & Yen, Dorothy A. & Yu, Qionglei, 2019. "Away from home: How young Chinese consumers travel with global brands?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 87-94.
- Lee, Jaeha & Nguyen, Minhthu Jill, 2017. "Product attributes and preference for foreign brands among Vietnamese consumers," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 76-83.
- Rodrigo, Padmali & Khan, Hina & Ekinci, Yuksel, 2019. "The determinants of foreign product preference amongst elite consumers in an emerging market," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 139-148.
- Rombach, Meike & Widmar, Nicole Olynk & Byrd, Elizabeth & Bitsch, Vera, 2018. "Do all roses smell equally sweet? Willingness to pay for flower attributes in specialized retail settings by German consumers," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 91-99.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumerism; Brand status; Consumer decision making style; Status consumption; Chinese adults;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:20:y:2013:i:6:p:505-515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.