Chinese consumer decision-making styles: A comparison between the coastal and inland regions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jones, Michael A. & Reynolds, Kristy E. & Arnold, Mark J., 2006. "Hedonic and utilitarian shopping value: Investigating differential effects on retail outcomes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(9), pages 974-981, September.
- Veeck, Ann & Burns, Alvin C., 2005. "Changing tastes: the adoption of new food choices in post-reform China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 644-652, May.
- Bakewell, Cathy & Mitchell, Vincent-Wayne, 2006. "Male versus female consumer decision making styles," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(12), pages 1297-1300, November.
- Wesley, Scarlett & LeHew, Melody & Woodside, Arch G., 2006. "Consumer decision-making styles and mall shopping behavior: Building theory using exploratory data analysis and the comparative method," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 535-548, May.
- Calder, Bobby J & Phillips, Lynn W & Tybout, Alice M, 1981. "Designing Research for Application," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 197-207, September.
- Chien-Hsun Chen & Hsiu-Ling Wu, 2005. "Determinants of regional growth disparity in China's transitional economy," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(5), pages 406-419, October.
- Steenkamp, Jan-Benedict E M & Baumgartner, Hans, 1998. "Assessing Measurement Invariance in Cross-National Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 78-90, June.
- Peterson, Robert A, 2001. "On the Use of College Students in Social Science Research: Insights from a Second-Order Meta-analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 450-461, December.
- Arnold, Mark J. & Reynolds, Kristy E. & Ponder, Nicole & Lueg, Jason E., 2005. "Customer delight in a retail context: investigating delightful and terrible shopping experiences," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(8), pages 1132-1145, August.
- David A Ralston & David J Gustafson & Fanny M Cheung & Robert H Terpstra, 1993. "Differences in Managerial Values: A Study of U.S., Hong Kong and PRC Managers," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(2), pages 249-275, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Siahtiri, Vida & Lee, Wai Jin (Thomas), 2019. "How do materialists choose prominent brands in emerging markets?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 133-138.
- O'Cass, Aron & Siahtiri, Vida, 2013. "In search of status through brands from Western and Asian origins: Examining the changing face of fashion clothing consumption in Chinese young adults," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 505-515.
- A. Azadeh & M. Khakestani & S. Motevali Haghighi & A. Arjmand & Z. Jiryaei Sharahi, 2017. "A unique intelligent algorithm for optimization of human reliability and decision styles: a large petrochemical plant," International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, Springer;The Society for Reliability, Engineering Quality and Operations Management (SREQOM),India, and Division of Operation and Maintenance, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, vol. 8(2), pages 1161-1176, November.
- Tarnanidis, Theodore & Owusu-Frimpong, Nana & Nwankwo, Sonny & Omar, Maktoba, 2015. "A confirmatory factor analysis of consumer styles inventory: Evidence from Greece," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 164-177.
- Xu, Xun & Munson, Charles L. & Zeng, Shuo, 2017. "The impact of e-service offerings on the demand of online customers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 231-244.
- Frank, BjÃ¶rn & Abulaiti, Gulimire & Enkawa, Takao, 2014. "Regional differences in consumer preference structures within China," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 203-210.
- Casidy, Riza, 2012. "An empirical investigation of the relationship between personality traits, prestige sensitivity, and fashion consciousness of Generation Y in Australia," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 242-249.
- Gentina, Elodie & Butori, Raphaëlle & Rose, Gregory M. & Bakir, Aysen, 2014. "How national culture impacts teenage shopping behavior: Comparing French and American consumers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 464-470.
- Yang, Song & Ding, Shiqing & Dâ€™Alessandro, Steven, 2018. "Are all Chinese shoppers the same? Evidence of differences in values, decision making and shopping motivations between the Han majority and other minorities in China," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 24-34.
- Rezaei, Sajad, 2015. "Segmenting consumer decision-making styles (CDMS) toward marketing practice: A partial least squares (PLS) path modeling approach," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 1-15.
- Nayeem, Tahmid & Casidy, Riza, 2015. "Australian consumers' decision-making styles for everyday products," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 67-74.
- Hector Gonzalez-Jimenez, 2017. "The self-concept life cycle and brand perceptions: An interdisciplinary perspective," AMS Review, Springer;Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 7(1), pages 67-84, June.
- Mehta, Ritu & Dixit, Gagan, 2016. "Consumer decision making styles in developed and developing markets: A cross-country comparison," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 202-208.
More about this item
KeywordsChinese consumer Regional subculture Decision-making styles Regional comparison;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:63:y:2010:i:1:p:45-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.