How do materialists choose prominent brands in emerging markets?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rezaei, Sajad, 2015. "Segmenting consumer decision-making styles (CDMS) toward marketing practice: A partial least squares (PLS) path modeling approach," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 1-15.
- Belk, Russell W, 1985. "Materialism: Trait Aspects of Living in the Material World," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 265-280, December.
- Zhou, Joyce Xin & Arnold, Mark J. & Pereira, Arun & Yu, Jun, 2010. "Chinese consumer decision-making styles: A comparison between the coastal and inland regions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 45-51, January.
- Gentina, Elodie & Butori, Raphaëlle & Rose, Gregory M. & Bakir, Aysen, 2014. "How national culture impacts teenage shopping behavior: Comparing French and American consumers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 464-470.
- Wesley, Scarlett & LeHew, Melody & Woodside, Arch G., 2006. "Consumer decision-making styles and mall shopping behavior: Building theory using exploratory data analysis and the comparative method," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 535-548, May.
- O'Cass, Aron & Siahtiri, Vida, 2013. "In search of status through brands from Western and Asian origins: Examining the changing face of fashion clothing consumption in Chinese young adults," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 505-515.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. "A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-316, December.
- Zhang, Bopeng & Kim, Jung-Hwan, 2013. "Luxury fashion consumption in China: Factors affecting attitude and purchase intent," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 68-79.
- Gregory W. Fischer & Ziv Carmon & Dan Ariely & Gal Zauberman, 1999. "Goal-Based Construction of Preferences: Task Goals and the Prominence Effect," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1057-1075, August.
- Chan, Wing Yin & To, Chester K.M. & Chu, Wai Ching, 2015. "Materialistic consumers who seek unique products: How does their need for status and their affective response facilitate the repurchase intention of luxury goods?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-10.
- van Reijmersdal, Eva A. & Rozendaal, Esther & Buijzen, Moniek, 2012. "Effects of Prominence, Involvement, and Persuasion Knowledge on Children's Cognitive and Affective Responses to Advergames," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 33-42.
- Gil, Luciana A. & Kwon, Kyoung-Nan & Good, Linda K. & Johnson, Lester W., 2012. "Impact of self on attitudes toward luxury brands among teens," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1425-1433.
More about this item
KeywordsMaterialism; Brand prominence; Emerging market;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:46:y:2019:i:c:p:133-138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.