How self-success drives luxury demand: An integrated model of luxury growth and country comparisons
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hubbard, Raymond & Lindsay, R. Murray, 2013. "From significant difference to significant sameness: Proposing a paradigm shift in business research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1377-1388.
- Kapferer, Jean-Noël & Laurent, Gilles, 2016. "Where do consumers think luxury begins? A study of perceived minimum price for 21 luxury goods in 7 countries," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 332-340.
- Jean-Noël Kapferer, 2010. "Luxury after the crisis: Pro logo or no logo?," Post-Print hal-00781524, HAL.
- Jean-Louis Chandon & Gilles Laurent & Pierre Valette-Florence, 2017. "In search of new planets in the luxury galaxy," Post-Print hal-01794432, HAL.
- Jean-Noël Kapferer & Anne Michaut-Denizeau, 2014. "Is luxury compatible with sustainability? Luxury consumers' viewpoint," Post-Print hal-00977183, HAL.
- Belk, Russell W, 1985. "Materialism: Trait Aspects of Living in the Material World," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 265-280, December.
- Mourad, Siham & Valette-Florence, Pierre, 2016. "Improving prediction with POS and PLS consistent estimations: An illustration," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 4675-4684.
- Strizhakova, Yuliya & Coulter, Robin A., 2013. "The “green” side of materialism in emerging BRIC and developed markets: The moderating role of global cultural identity," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 69-82.
- Tobacyk, Jerome J. & Babin, Barry J. & Attaway, Jill S. & Socha, Stanislaw & Shows, David & James, Kevin, 2011. "Materialism through the eyes of Polish and American consumers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(9), pages 944-950, September.
- Kilbourne, William & Pickett, Gregory, 2008. "How materialism affects environmental beliefs, concern, and environmentally responsible behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 885-893, September.
- Gong Sun & Wangshuai Wang & Zhiming Cheng & Jie Li & Junhua Chen, 2017. "The Intermediate Linkage Between Materialism and Luxury Consumption: Evidence from the Emerging Market of China," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 132(1), pages 475-487, May.
- Ger, Guliz & Belk, Russell W., 1996. "Cross-cultural differences in materialism," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 55-77, February.
- Kastanakis, Minas N. & Balabanis, George, 2012. "Between the mass and the class: Antecedents of the “bandwagon” luxury consumption behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1399-1407.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. "A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-316, December.
- Chan, Wing Yin & To, Chester K.M. & Chu, Wai Ching, 2015. "Materialistic consumers who seek unique products: How does their need for status and their affective response facilitate the repurchase intention of luxury goods?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-10.
- Evanschitzky, Heiner & Armstrong, J. Scott, 2013. "Research with In-built replications: Comment and further suggestions for replication research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1406-1408.
- Gil, Luciana A. & Kwon, Kyoung-Nan & Good, Linda K. & Johnson, Lester W., 2012. "Impact of self on attitudes toward luxury brands among teens," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1425-1433.
- Sandra Awanis & Bodo B Schlegelmilch & Charles Chi Cui, 2017. "Asia’s materialists: Reconciling collectivism and materialism," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(8), pages 964-991, October.
- Gurzki, Hannes & Woisetschläger, David M., 2017. "Mapping the luxury research landscape: A bibliometric citation analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 147-166.
- Marsha L. Richins & Lan Nguyen Chaplin, 2015. "Material Parenting: How the Use of Goods in Parenting Fosters Materialism in the Next Generation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(6), pages 1333-1357.
- Burroughs, James E & Rindfleisch, Aric, 2002. "Materialism and Well-Being: A Conflicting Values Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 348-370, December.
- L. J. Shruma Shruma & Tina M Lowrey & Mario Pandelaere & Ayalla A. Ruvio & Elodie Gentina & Pia Furchheim & Maud Herbert & Liselot Hudders & Inge Lensa & Naomi Mandel & Agnes Nairn & Adriana Samper & , 2014. "Materialism: the good, the bad, and the ugly," Post-Print hal-01097596, HAL.
- Jean-Noël Kapferer, 2010. "Luxury after the crisis: Pro logo or no logo?," Post-Print hal-00521804, HAL.
- Pino, Giovanni & Amatulli, Cesare & Peluso, Alessandro M. & Nataraajan, Rajan & Guido, Gianluigi, 2019. "Brand prominence and social status in luxury consumption: A comparison of emerging and mature markets," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 163-172.
- Siham Mourad & Pierre Valette-Florence, 2016. "Improving prediction with POS and PLS consistent estimations: An illustration," Post-Print hal-01998114, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsMaterialism; Self-success; Country comparisons; SEM-PLS;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:102:y:2019:i:c:p:273-287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.