Materialism: the good, the bad, and the ugly
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davidson, Alexander & Habibi, Mohammad Reza & Laroche, Michel, 2018. "Materialism and the sharing economy: A cross-cultural study of American and Indian consumers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 364-372.
- Farah Roslan, 2018. "The Role of Policy Instruments on the Pattern of Diffusion: the Case of Solar Photovoltaic in Asia Pacific," European Journal of Economics and Business Studies Articles, European Center for Science Education and Research, vol. 4, EJES Janu.
- Luke Butcher & Ian Phau & Min Teah, 2016. "Brand prominence in luxury consumption: Will emotional value adjudicate our longing for status?," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(6), pages 701-715, November.
- Joseph K Goodman & Selin A Malkoc & Mosi Rosenboim, 2019. "The Material-Experiential Asymmetry in Discounting: When Experiential Purchases Lead to More Impatience," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 671-688.
- Jaspers, Esther, 2018. "Opening up on consumer materialism," Other publications TiSEM a21cb1c8-5af1-46cc-9ea0-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Vilches-Montero, Sonia & Nik Hashim, Nik Mohd Hazrul & Pandit, Ameet & Bravo-Olavarria, Renzo, 2018. "Using the senses to evaluate aesthetic products at the point of sale: The moderating role of consumersâ€™ goals," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 82-90.
- Lindblom, Arto & Lindblom, Taru & Wechtler, Heidi, 2018. "Collaborative consumption as C2C trading: Analyzing the effects of materialism and price consciousness," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 244-252.
- Lim, Weng Marc & Phang, Cynthia Su Chen & Lim, Ai Ling, 2020. "The effects of possession- and social inclusion-defined materialism on consumer behavior toward economical versus luxury product categories, goods versus services product types, and individual versus ," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 56(C).
- Kapferer, Jean-Noël & Valette-Florence, Pierre, 2019. "How self-success drives luxury demand: An integrated model of luxury growth and country comparisons," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 273-287.
- Moldes, Olaya & Banerjee, Robin & Easterbrook, Matthew J. & Harris, Peter R. & Dittmar, Helga, 2019. "Identity changes and well-being gains of spending money on material and experiential consumer products," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 229-244.
- Olivier Mesly & David W. Shanafelt & Nicolas Huck, 2020. "From wheel of fortune to wheel of misfortune: Financial crises, cycles and consumer predation," Working Papers of BETA 2020-35, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Vittoria Marino & Riccardo Resciniti & Mario D’Arco, 2020. "It’s all about marketing! Exploring the social perception in the Italian context," Italian Journal of Marketing, Springer, vol. 2020(1), pages 7-23, March.
- Sandra Awanis & Bodo B Schlegelmilch & Charles Chi Cui, 2017. "Asia’s materialists: Reconciling collectivism and materialism," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(8), pages 964-991, October.
More about this item
Keywordsmaterialism; well-being; motives; compensatory consumption; self-identity; prosocial behaviour;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01097596. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.