Product attributes and preference for foreign brands among Vietnamese consumers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chol Lee & Robert T Green, 1991. "Cross-Cultural Examination of the Fishbein Behavioral Intensions Model," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(2), pages 289-305, June.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- O'Cass, Aron & Siahtiri, Vida, 2013. "In search of status through brands from Western and Asian origins: Examining the changing face of fashion clothing consumption in Chinese young adults," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 505-515.
- Wallendorf, Melanie & Reilly, Michael D, 1983. "Ethnic Migration, Assimilation, and Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 292-302, December.
- Nguyen Thi Tuyet Mai & Siok Kuan Tambyah, 2011. "Antecedents and Consequences of Status Consumption among Urban Vietnamese Consumers," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 2(1).
- He, Jiaxun & Wang, Cheng Lu, 2015. "Cultural identity and consumer ethnocentrism impacts on preference and purchase of domestic versus import brands: An empirical study in China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1225-1233.
- Nicosia, Francesco M & Mayer, Robert N, 1976. "Toward a Sociology of Consumption," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 65-75, Se.
- Sirgy, M Joseph, 1982. "Self-Concept in Consumer Behavior: A Critical Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 287-300, December.
- Solomon, Michael R, 1983. "The Role of Products as Social Stimuli: A Symbolic Interactionism Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 319-329, December.
- Kumar, Archana & Lee, Hyun-Joo & Kim, Youn-Kyung, 2009. "Indian consumers' purchase intention toward a United States versus local brand," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 521-527, May.
- Frank, BjÃ¶rn & Abulaiti, Gulimire & Enkawa, Takao, 2014. "Regional differences in consumer preference structures within China," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 203-210.
- Shukla, Paurav & Purani, Keyoor, 2012. "Comparing the importance of luxury value perceptions in cross-national contexts," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1417-1424.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kumar, Ajay & Paul, Justin, 2018. "Mass prestige value and competition between American versus Asian laptop brands in an emerging market—Theory and evidence," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 969-981.
- Souiden, Nizar & Amara, Nabil & Chaouali, Walid, 2020. "Optimal image mix cues and their impacts on consumersâ€™ purchase intention," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Rodrigo, Padmali & Khan, Hina & Ekinci, Yuksel, 2019. "The determinants of foreign product preference amongst elite consumers in an emerging market," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 139-148.
More about this item
KeywordsVietnam; Foreign brand; Product attributes; Fashion purchase; Emerging market;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joreco:v:35:y:2017:i:c:p:76-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing-and-consumer-services .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.