The dark side of salesperson brand identification in the luxury sector: When brand orientation generates management issues and negative customer perception
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Morgan K. Ward & Darren W. Dahl, 2014. "Should the Devil Sell Prada? Retail Rejection Increases Aspiring Consumers' Desire for the Brand," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(3), pages 590-609.
- Tian, Kelly Tepper & Bearden, William O & Hunter, Gary L, 2001. "Consumer's Need for Uniqueness: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 50-66, June.
- Jean-Noël Kapferer & Hugues Cailleux & Charles Mignot, 2009. "Is CRM for luxury brands?," Post-Print hal-00493179, HAL.
- Noël Albert & Dwight Merunka & Pierre Valette-Florence, 2008. "When consumers love their brands: Exploring the concept and its dimensions," Post-Print hal-01822299, HAL.
- Dion, Delphine & Arnould, Eric, 2011. "Retail Luxury Strategy: Assembling Charisma through Art and Magic," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 87(4), pages 502-520.
- Albert, Noël & Merunka, Dwight & Valette-Florence, Pierre, 2008. "When consumers love their brands: Exploring the concept and its dimensions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(10), pages 1062-1075, October.
- Stokburger-Sauer, Nicola & Ratneshwar, S. & Sen, Sankar, 2012. "Drivers of consumer–brand identification," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 406-418.
- Wagner, Judy A. & Klein, Noreen M. & Keith, Janet E., 2003. "Buyer-seller relationships and selling effectiveness: the moderating influence of buyer expertise and product competitive position," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 295-302, April.
- Sirgy, M Joseph, 1982. "Self-Concept in Consumer Behavior: A Critical Review," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 287-300, December.
- Kastanakis, Minas N. & Balabanis, George, 2012. "Between the mass and the class: Antecedents of the “bandwagon” luxury consumption behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1399-1407.
- Bernard Cova & Veronique Cova, 2002. "Tribal marketing: The tribalisation of society and its impact on the conduct of marketing," Post-Print hal-01822665, HAL.
- Schouten, John W & McAlexander, James H, 1995. "Subcultures of Consumptions: An Ethnography of the New Bikers," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 43-61, June.
- Kang, Yeu-Jin & Park, Seong-Yeon, 2016. "The perfection of the narcissistic self: A qualitative study on luxury consumption and customer equity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 3813-3819.
- Torres, Pedro & Augusto, Mário & Godinho, Pedro, 2017. "Predicting high consumer-brand identification and high repurchase: Necessary and sufficient conditions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 52-65.
- Barbara Carroll & Aaron Ahuvia, 2006. "Some antecedents and outcomes of brand love," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 79-89, April.
- Gil, Luciana A. & Kwon, Kyoung-Nan & Good, Linda K. & Johnson, Lester W., 2012. "Impact of self on attitudes toward luxury brands among teens," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1425-1433.
- Shukla, Paurav & Purani, Keyoor, 2012. "Comparing the importance of luxury value perceptions in cross-national contexts," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1417-1424.
- Bian, Qin & Forsythe, Sandra, 2012. "Purchase intention for luxury brands: A cross cultural comparison," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1443-1451.
More about this item
KeywordsSalespeople; Luxury retail; Brand identification; Brand orientation; Salesforce management; Luxury consumption;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-02045833. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.