Interpersonal effects on fashion consciousness and status consumption moderated by materialism in metropolitan men
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miniard, Paul W & Cohen, Joel B, 1983. "Modeling Personal and Normative Influences on Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 169-180, September.
- Bearden, William O & Rose, Randall L, 1990. "Attention to Social Comparison Information: An Individual Difference Factor Affecting Consumer Conformity," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 461-471, March.
- Watson, John J., 2003. "The relationship of materialism to spending tendencies, saving, and debt," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 723-739, December.
- Thompson, Craig J & Haytko, Diana L, 1997. "Speaking of Fashion: Consumers' Uses of Fashion Discourses and the Appropriation of Countervailing Cultural Meanings," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 15-42, June.
- Bearden, William O & Netemeyer, Richard G & Teel, Jesse E, 1989. "Measurement of Consumer Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 473-481, March.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. "A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-316, December.
- Thompson, Craig J & Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1995. "Understanding the Socialized Body: A Poststructuralist Analysis of Consumers' Self-Conceptions, Body Images, and Self-Care Practices," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 139-153, September.
- Chao, Angela & Schor, Juliet B., 1998. "Empirical tests of status consumption: Evidence from women's cosmetics," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 107-131, February.
- Belk, Russell W & Pollay, Richard W, 1985. "Images of Ourselves: The Good Life in Twentieth Century Advertising," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 887-897, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- O'Cass, Aron & Siahtiri, Vida, 2013. "In search of status through brands from Western and Asian origins: Examining the changing face of fashion clothing consumption in Chinese young adults," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 505-515.
- Marike Venter & Richard Chinomona & Tinashe Chuchu, 2016. "Factors Influencing Fashion Adoption among the Youth in Johannesburg, South Africa," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 8(4), pages 92-108.
- Stacy H. Lee & Ran Huang, 2020. "Exploring the Motives for Online Fashion Renting: Insights from Social Retailing to Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-16, September.
- Chan, Wing Yin & To, Chester K.M. & Chu, Wai Ching, 2015. "Materialistic consumers who seek unique products: How does their need for status and their affective response facilitate the repurchase intention of luxury goods?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 1-10.
- Zheng, Xiaoying & Baskin, Ernest & Peng, Siqing, 2018. "Feeling inferior, showing off: The effect of nonmaterial social comparisons on conspicuous consumption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 196-205.
- Kim, Tae Youn & Lee, Yoon-Jung, 2017. "Contemporary dandies: The behavioral characteristics of Korean male consumers in fashion multi-brand stores and tailor shops," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 149-153.
- Nabi, Nazia & Siahtiri, Vida & O'Cass, Aron, 2019. "In search of status: Unpacking the relationship of status with individualism-collectivism, counterconformity motivations and life satisfaction," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 378-386.
- Ko, Eunju & Megehee, Carol M., 2012. "Fashion marketing of luxury brands: Recent research issues and contributions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1395-1398.
- Nabi, Nazia & Oâ€™Cass, Aron & Siahtiri, Vida, 2019. "Status consumption in newly emerging countries: The influence of personality traits and the mediating role of motivation to consume conspicuously," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 173-178.
- Rezaei, Sajad, 2015. "Segmenting consumer decision-making styles (CDMS) toward marketing practice: A partial least squares (PLS) path modeling approach," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 1-15.
- Schill, Marie & Godefroit-Winkel, Delphine & Diallo, Mbaye Fall & Barbarossa, Camilla, 2019. "Consumers’ intentions to purchase smart home objects: Do environmental issues matter?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 176-185.
- Pino, Giovanni & Amatulli, Cesare & Peluso, Alessandro M. & Nataraajan, Rajan & Guido, Gianluigi, 2019. "Brand prominence and social status in luxury consumption: A comparison of emerging and mature markets," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 163-172.
- Rimple Manchanda & Srikant Manchiraju & Naseem Abidi & Jitendra Kumar Mishra, 2015. "A study of interaction of materialism and money attitude and its impact on car purchase," Management & Marketing, Sciendo, vol. 10(3), pages 245-269, October.
More about this item
KeywordsSelf-monitoring; Susceptibility to interpersonal influence; Fashion consciousness; Status consumption; Materialism; Metropolitan men;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:65:y:2012:i:10:p:1408-1416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.