Geographically differentiated pay in the labour market for nurses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward P. Lazear & Paul Oyer, 2012. "Personnel Economics," Introductory Chapters,in: Robert Gibbons & John Roberts (ed.), The Handbook of Organizational Economics Princeton University Press.
- Hartog, Joop & Oosterbeek, Hessel, 1993. "Public and private sector wages in the Netherlands," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 97-114, January.
- Shields, Michael A. & Ward, Melanie, 2001.
"Improving nurse retention in the National Health Service in England: the impact of job satisfaction on intentions to quit,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 677-701, September.
- Shields, Michael & Ward-Warmedinger, Melanie, 2001. "Improving Nurse Retention in the National Health Service in England: The Impact of Job Satisfaction on Intentions to Quit," CEPR Discussion Papers 2806, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chiha, Yvana A. & Link, Charles R., 2003. "The shortage of registered nurses and some new estimates of the effects of wages on registered nurses labor supply: a look at the past and a preview of the 21st century," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 349-375, June.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1995. "Personnel Economics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121883, January.
- H. Ada & Elizabeth Roberts & Robert Elliott & David Bell & Anthony Scott, 2006. "Comparing the New Earnings Survey (NES) and the Labour Force Survey (LFS): An Analysis of the differences between the data sets and their implications for the pattern of geographical pay in the UK," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(6), pages 645-665.
- Blackaby, David H & Murphy, Philip D, 1991. "Industry Characteristics and Inter-regional Wage Differences," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 38(2), pages 142-161, May.
- Emanuela Antonazzo & Anthony Scott & Diane Skatun & Robert. F. Elliott, 2003. "The labour market for nursing: a review of the labour supply literature," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 465-478.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
- Kate Antonovics & Robert Town, 2004.
"Are All the Good Men Married? Uncovering the Sources of the Marital Wage Premium,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 317-321, May.
- Antonovics, Kate & Town, Robert, 2003. "Are All The Good Men Married? Uncovering the Sources of the Marital Wage Premium," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt06s8022j, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Jan Erik Askildsen & Badi H. Baltagi & Tor Helge Holmås, 2003. "Wage policy in the health care sector: a panel data analysis of nurses' labour supply," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(9), pages 705-719.
- Hart, Robert A. & Malley, James R. & Ruffell, Robin J., 1996. "What shapes are overtime premium schedules? Some evidence from Japan, the UK, and the US," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 97-102, October.
- Michael A. Shields, 2004. "Addressing nurse shortages: what can policy makers learn from the econometric evidence on nurse labour supply?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(499), pages 464-498, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Tommaso, M.L. & Strøm, S. & Sæther, E.M., 2009.
"Nurses wanted: Is the job too harsh or is the wage too low?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 748-757, May.
- Di Tommaso Maria Laura & Strom Steinar & Saether Erik Magnus, 2007. "Nurses Wanted. Is the Job Too Harsh or is the Wage Too Low?," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200704, University of Turin.
- Di Tommaso, M. L. & Strøm, Steinar & Sæther, Erik Magnus, 2008. "Nurses Wanted: Is the Job Too Hars or is the Wage Too Low," Memorandum 08/2008, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Maria Laura Di Tommaso & S. Strøm & E. M. Sæther, 2007. "Nurses Wanted. Is the job too harsh or is the wage too low?," CHILD Working Papers wp11_07, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Falch, Torberg & Johansen, Kåre & Strøm, Bjarne, 2009. "Teacher shortages and the business cycle," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 648-658, December.
- Carol Propper & John Van Reenen, 2010.
"Can Pay Regulation Kill? Panel Data Evidence on the Effect of Labor Markets on Hospital Performance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(2), pages 222-273, April.
- Emma Hall & Carol Propper & John Van Reenen, 2007. "Can pay regulation kill? Panel data evidence on the effect of labor markets on hospital performance," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/184, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Hall, Emma & Propper, Carol & Van Reenen, John, 2008. "Can pay regulation kill? Panel data evidence on the effect of labor markets on hospital performance," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3282, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hall, Emma & Propper, Carol & Van Reenen, John, 2008. "Can Pay Regulation Kill? Panel Data Evidence on the Effect of Labour Markets on Hospital Performance," CEPR Discussion Papers 6643, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Emma Hall & Carol Propper & John Van Reenen, 2008. "Can Pay Regulation Kill? Panel Data Evidence on the Effect of Labor Markets on Hospital Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0843, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Emma Hall & Carol Propper & John Van Reenen, 2008. "Can pay regulation kill? Panel data evidence on the effect of labor markets on hospital performance," NBER Working Papers 13776, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schweri, Juerg & Hartog, Joop, 2014.
"Do wage expectations influence the decision to enroll in nursing college?,"
Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy
100542, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Schweri, Jürg & Hartog, Joop, 2015. "Do Wage Expectations Influence the Decision to Enroll in Nursing College?," IZA Discussion Papers 9120, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jean-Baptiste Combes & Eric Delattre & Bob Elliott & Diane Skåtun, 2015.
"Hospital staffing and local pay: an investigation into the impact of local variations in the competitiveness of nurses’ pay on the staffing of hospitals in France,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(7), pages 763-780, September.
- Eric Delattre & Jean-Baptiste Combès & Bob Elliott & Diane Skatun, 2012. "Hospital Staffing and Local Pay: an Investigation into the Impact of Local variations in the Competitiveness of Nurses Pay on the Staffing of Hospitals in France," THEMA Working Papers 2012-35, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Robert Elliott & Ada Ma & Matt Sutton & Diane Skatun & Nigel Rice & Stephen Morris & Alex McConnachie, 2010. "The role of the staff MFF in distributing NHS funding: taking account of differences in local labour market conditions," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(5), pages 532-548.
- Michelle Cunich & Stephen Whelan, 2010. "Nurse Education and the Retention of Registered Nurses in New South Wales," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 86(274), pages 396-413, September.
- Terence Chai Cheng & Anthony Scott & Sung-Hee Jeon & Guyonne Kalb & John Humphreys & Catherine Joyce, 2010. "What Factors Influence the Earnings of GPs and Medical Specialists in Australia? Evidence from the MABEL Survey," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2010n12, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Rowena Crawford & Richard Disney & Carl Emmerson, 2015. "The short run elasticity of National Health Service nurses’ labour supply in Great Britain," IFS Working Papers W15/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- repec:bla:ecaffa:v:37:y:2017:i:1:p:36-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Dolton & Gerald Makepeace & Oscar Marcenaro-Gutierrez, 2015. "Public Sector Pay in the UK: Quantifying the Impact of the Review Bodies," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 83(6), pages 701-724, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:26:y:2007:i:1:p:190-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .