The demand for consumer health information
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenkel, Don, 1990. "Consumer Health Information and the Demand for Medical Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(4), pages 587-595, November.
- Kenkel, Donald S, 1991. "Health Behavior, Health Knowledge, and Schooling," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 287-305, April.
- Honaker, James & King, Gary & Blackwell, Matthew, 2011. "Amelia II: A Program for Missing Data," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 45(i07).
- Vistnes, Jessica Primoff & Hamilton, Vivian, 1995. "The Time and Monetary Costs of Outpatient Care for Children," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 117-121, May.
- Cauley, Stephen Day, 1987. "The Time Price of Medical Care," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 59-66, February.
- Chee-Ruey Hsieh & Shin-Jong Lin, 1997. "Health Information and the Demand for Preventive Care among the Elderly in Taiwan," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(2), pages 303-333.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Zvi Griliches & Neal Rappaport, 1993. "Econometric Estimates of Prices Indexes for Personal Computers in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 4549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosanna M. Coffey, 1983. "The Effect of Time Price on the Demand for Medical-Care Services," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(3), pages 407-424.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213-213.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lukas Kwietniewski & Mareike Heimeshoff & Jonas Schreyögg, 2017. "Estimation of a physician practice cost function," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 18(4), pages 481-494, May.
- Lukas, Daniel, 2010. "Patient autonomy and education in specific medical knowledge," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 07/10, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Dwyer, Debra Sabatini & Liu, Hong, 2013. "The impact of consumer health information on the demand for health services," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-11.
- Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace & Shields, Michael A. & Suziedelyte, Agne, 2015.
"Education and health knowledge: Evidence from UK compulsory schooling reform,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 92-100.
- David W. Johnston & Grace Lordan & Michael A. Shields & Agne Suziedelyte, 2014. "Education and Health Knowledge: Evidence from UK Compulsory Schooling Reforms," CEP Discussion Papers dp1297, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace & Shields, Michael A. & Suziedelyte, Agne, 2014. "Education and health knowledge: evidence from UK compulsory schooling reforms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60445, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- M. Kate Bundorf & Laurence Baker & Sara Singer & Todd Wagner, 2004. "Consumer Demand for Health Information on the Internet," NBER Working Papers 10386, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- F. Barigozzi & R. Levaggi, 2006. "A Rationale for Searching (Imprecise) Health Information," Working Papers 559, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bahar YASIN & Hilal OZEN, 2011. "Gender Differences in The Use of Internet for Health Information Search," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 11(2), pages 229-240.
- Fang Hai & Rizzo John, 2011. "Does Patient Use of Medical Information Affect Physician Practice Incentives to Provide Care?," Forum for Health Economics & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(2), pages 1-22, March.
- Hai Fang & John Rizzo, 2010. "Has the influence of managed care waned? Evidence from the market for physician services," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 85-103, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:20:y:2001:i:6:p:1059-1075. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.