Externalities in hospitals and physician adoption of a new surgical technology: An exploratory analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin F. McCardle, 1985. "Information Acquisition and the Adoption of New Technology," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(11), pages 1372-1389, November.
- Michael R. Rahm & Wallace E. Huffman, 1984.
"The Adoption of Reduced Tillage: The Role of Human Capital and Other Variables,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(4), pages 405-413.
- Rahm, M. & Huffman, Wallace, 1984. "The Adoption of Reduced Tillage: The Role of Human Capital and Other Variables," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10977, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jensen, Richard, 1982. "Adoption and diffusion of an innovation of uncertain profitability," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 182-193, June.
- John W. Mamer & Kevin F. McCardle, 1987. "Uncertainty, Competition, and the Adoption of New Technology," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(2), pages 161-177, February.
- Anderson, James G. & Jay, Stephen J. & Schweer, Harlan M. & Anderson, Marilyn M., 1986. "Physician utilization of computers in medical practice: Policy implications based on a structural model," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 259-267, January.
- Klausen, Liv Marit & Olsen, Trond E. & Risa, Alf Erling, 1992. "Technological diffusion in primary health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 439-452, December.
- Gregory D. Wozniak, 1987. "Human Capital, Information, and the Early Adoption of New Technology," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 22(1), pages 101-112.
- Case, Anne, 1992. "Neighborhood influence and technological change," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 491-508, September.
- Gary S. Becker, 1975. "Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis, with Special Reference to Education, Second Edition," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck75-1, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mickael Bech & Terkel Christiansen & Kelly Dunham & Jørgen Lauridsen & Carl Hampus Lyttkens & Kathryn McDonald & Alistair McGuire, 2009. "The influence of economic incentives and regulatory factors on the adoption of treatment technologies: a case study of technologies used to treat heart attacks," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(10), pages 1114-1132.
- Cappellaro, Giulia & Ghislandi, Simone & Anessi-Pessina, Eugenio, 2011. "Diffusion of medical technology: The role of financing," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 51-59, April.
- Epstein, Andrew J. & Nicholson, Sean, 2009.
"The formation and evolution of physician treatment styles: An application to cesarean sections,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1126-1140, December.
- Andrew Epstein & Sean Nicholson, 2005. "The Formation And Evolution Of Physician Treatment Styles: An Application To Cesarean Sections," Working Papers id:176, eSocialSciences.
- Andrew Epstein & Sean Nicholson, 2005. "The Formation and Evolution of Physician Treatment Styles: An Application to Cesarean Sections," NBER Working Papers 11549, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bech, Mickael & Christiansen, Terkel & Dunham, Kelly & Lauridsen, Jørgen & Lyttkens, Carl Hampus & McDonald, Kathryn & McGuire, Alistair & TECH investigators, the, 2006. "How do economic incentives and regulatory factors influence adoption of cardiac technologies? Result from the TECH project," Working Papers 2006:15, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Laurie J. Bates & Rexford E. Santerre, 2005. "Do Agglomeration Economies Exist in the Hospital Services Industry," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 617-628, Fall.
- Huesch, Marco D., 2011. "Is blood thicker than water? Peer effects in stent utilization among Floridian cardiologists," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(12), pages 1756-1765.
- Lettieri, Emanuele, 2009. "Uncertainty inclusion in budgeting technology adoption at a hospital level: Evidence from a multiple case study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(2-3), pages 128-136, December.
- Cohen, Jeffrey P. & Morrison Paul, Catherine, 2008. "Agglomeration and Cost Economies for Washington State Hospital Services," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 553-564, November.
- Jeffrey S. McCullough, 2008. "The adoption of hospital information systems," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 649-664.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:15:y:1996:i:6:p:715-734. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.