Geographical cluster and performance: The case of Iberian ham
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koenig, Pamina, 2009.
"Agglomeration and the export decisions of French firms,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 186-195, November.
- Pamina Koenig, 2005. "Agglomeration and the Export Decision of French Firms," Working Papers 2005-02, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Pamina Koenig, 2009. "Agglomeration and the Export Decision of French Firms," Post-Print halshs-00754328, HAL.
- Anders Malmberg & Bo Malmberg & Per Lundequist, 2000. "Agglomeration and firm performance: economies of scale, localisation, and urbanisation among Swedish export firms," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 32(2), pages 305-321, February.
- Catherine Beaudry & Stefano Breschi, 2003. "Are firms in clusters really more innovative?," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 325-342.
- Aitken, Brian & Hanson, Gordon H. & Harrison, Ann E., 1997.
"Spillovers, foreign investment, and export behavior,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 103-132, August.
- Aitken, B. & Hanson, G.H. & Harrison, A.E., 1994. "Spillovers, Foreign Investment and Export Behavior," Papers 95-06, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Brian Aitken & Gordon H. Hanson & Ann E. Harrison, 1994. "Spillovers, Foreign Investment, and Export Behavior," NBER Working Papers 4967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greenaway, David & Kneller, Richard, 2008. "Exporting, productivity and agglomeration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 919-939, July.
- Emmanuelle Chevassus-Lozza & Danielle Galliano, 2003. "Local Spillovers, Firm Organization and Export Behaviour: Evidence from the French Food Industry," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 147-158.
- Rotemberg, Julio J. & Saloner, Garth, 2000.
"Competition and human capital accumulation: a theory of interregional specialization and trade,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 373-404, July.
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Garth Saloner, 1990. "Competition and Human Capital Accumulation: A Theory of Interregional Specialization and Trade," NBER Working Papers 3228, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sofronis K. Clerides & Saul Lach & James R. Tybout, 1998.
"Is Learning by Exporting Important? Micro-Dynamic Evidence from Colombia, Mexico, and Morocco,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 903-947.
- Sofronis Clerides & Saul Lach & James Tybout, "undated". "Is "Learning-by-Exporting" Important? Micro-dynamic Evidence from Colombia, Mexico, and Morocco," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1996-30, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sofronis Clerides & Saul Lach & James Tybout, 1996. "Is "Learning-by-Exporting" Important? Micro-Dynamic Evidence from Colombia, Mexico and Morocco," NBER Working Papers 5715, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sofronis Clerides & Saul Lach & James Tybout, 1996. "Is "learning-by-exporting" important? Micro-dynamic evidence from Colombia, Mexico and Morocco," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-30, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Giorgio Brunello & Francesca Gambarotto, 2004.
"Agglomeration Effects on Employer-Provided Training: Evidence from the UK,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1150, CESifo Group Munich.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Gambarotto, Francesca, 2004. "Agglomeration Effects on Employer-Provided Training: Evidence from the UK," IZA Discussion Papers 1055, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stuart S. Rosenthal & William C. Strange, 2003.
"Geography, Industrial Organization, and Agglomeration,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 377-393, May.
- Stuart S. Rosenthal & William C. Strange, 1999. "Geography, Industrial Organization, and Agglomeration," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 14, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Stuart S. Rosenthal & William C. Strange, 2003. "Geography, Industrial Organization, and Agglomeration," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 56, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Glenn Ellison, 1999.
"The Geographic Concentration of Industry: Does Natural Advantage Explain Agglomeration?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 311-316, May.
- Glenn Ellison & Edward L. Glaeser, 1999. "The Geographic Concentration of Industry: Does Natural Advantage Explain Agglomeration?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1862, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Breschi, Stefano & Malerba, Franco, 2001. "The Geography of Innovation and Economic Clustering: Some Introductory Notes," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 817-833, December.
- Storey, D. J., 2002. "Education, training and development policies and practices in medium-sized companies in the UK: do they really influence firm performance?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 249-264, August.
- Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache & Jad Chaaban, 2010. "Determinants of Adoption of Protected Designation of Origin Label: Evidence from the French Brie Cheese Industry," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 225-239.
- Molina-Morales, F. Xavier, 2001. "European industrial districts: Influence of geographic concentration on performance of the firm," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 277-294.
- Poole, Nigel D. & Del Campo Gomis, Francisco J. & Julia Igual, Juan F. & Vidal Gimenez, Fernando, 1998. "Formal contracts in fresh produce markets," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 131-142, April.
- Folta, Timothy B. & Cooper, Arnold C. & Baik, Yoon-suk, 2006. "Geographic cluster size and firm performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 217-242, March.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," Working Papers wp244, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- McCann, Brian T. & Folta, Timothy B., 2011. "Performance differentials within geographic clusters," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 104-123, January.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2005.
"Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 549-573, April.
- Elisa Giuliani & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004. "Upgrading in global value chains: lessons from latin american clusters," Working Papers 72, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Tibor Scitovsky, 1954. "Two Concepts of External Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 143-143.
- Elisa Giuliani, 2007. "The selective nature of knowledge networks in clusters: evidence from the wine industry," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 139-168, March.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
- Michael J. Enright, 1995. "Organization and Coordination in Geographically Concentrated Industries," NBER Chapters,in: Coordination and Information: Historical Perspectives on the Organization of Enterprise, pages 103-146 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goss, Ernie & Vozikis, George S, 1994. "High Tech Manufacturing: Firm Size, Industry and Population Density," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 291-297, August.
- Stuart, Toby & Sorenson, Olav, 2003. "The geography of opportunity: spatial heterogeneity in founding rates and the performance of biotechnology firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 229-253, February.
- Andrea Morrison & Roberta Rabellotti, 2008. "Knowledge and Information Networks in an Italian Wine Cluster," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(7), pages 983-1006, August.
- Dan A. Black & Brett J. Noel & Zheng Wang, 1999. "On-the-Job Training, Establishment Size, and Firm Size: Evidence for Economies of Scale in the Production of Human Capital," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(1), pages 82-100, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karla Paola Jiménez Almaguer. & José Melchor Medina Quintero. & Nazlhe Faride Cheín Schekaibán, 2013. "The search for the development of clusters in Tamaulipas, Mexico: A case study," Economía: teoría y práctica, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, México, vol. 39(2), pages 89-117, Julio-Dic.
- Muscio, Alessandro & Nardone, Gianluca, 2012. "The determinants of university–industry collaboration in food science in Italy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 710-718.
- repec:bla:presci:v:96:y:2017:i:1:p:139-162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iselborn, Maximilian & Müller Loose, Simone & Kühl, Rainer, 2016. "Produktionsstrategische Erfolgsfaktoren Veredelnder Weinbaubetriebe," 56th Annual Conference, Bonn, Germany, September 28-30, 2016 244803, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
More about this item
KeywordsGeographical concentration Local externalities Congestion costs Ham producers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:36:y:2011:i:4:p:517-525. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.