Governance and agricultural productivity: A cross-national analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E & Perrin, Richard K, 1993.
"Prices and Productivity in Agriculture,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 471-482, August.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 1992. "Prices and Productivity in Agriculture," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 93-gatt2, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1992. "Prices and Productivity in Agriculture," Staff General Research Papers Archive 543, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K., 1993. "Prices and Productivity in Agriculture," Staff General Research Papers Archive 773, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin, 1992. "Prices and Productivity in Agriculture," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 93-gatt2, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Why do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output Per Worker than Others?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 83-116.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1998. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?"," Working Papers 98007, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?," NBER Working Papers 6564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Faye & John McArthur & Jeffrey Sachs & Thomas Snow, 2004. "The Challenges Facing Landlocked Developing Countries," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 31-68.
- Hans P. Binswanger & Klaus Deininger, 1997.
"Explaining Agricultural and Agrarian Policies in Developing Countries,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(4), pages 1958-2005, December.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus, 1997. "Explaining agricultural and agrarian policies in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1765, The World Bank.
- Ahmed, Raisuddin, 1995. "Liberalization of agricultural input markets in Bangladesh: process, impact, and lessons," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 115-128, August.
- Ahmed, Raisuddin, 1995. "Liberalization of agricultural input markets in Bangladesh: process, impact, and lessons," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(2), August.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- Hall, Robert E & Jones, Charles I, 1997. "Levels of Economic Activity across Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 173-177, May.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Linxiu & Huang, Jikun, 2004.
"Local governance and public goods provision in rural China,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 2857-2871, December.
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Linxiu & Huang, Jikun, 2002. "Local governance and public goods provision in rural China:," EPTD discussion papers 93, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kawagoe, Toshihiko & Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, Vernon W., 1985. "The intercountry agricultural production function and productivity differences among countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 113-132.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2004.
"Does better governance foster efficiency? An aggregate frontier analysis,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 75-90, January.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2005. "Does better governance foster efficiency? An aggregate frontier analysis," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8368, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Moe, Terry M, 1990. "Political Institutions: The Neglected Side of the Story," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(0), pages 213-253.
- Antle, John M, 1983. "Infrastructure and Aggregate Agricultural Productivity: International Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(3), pages 609-619, April.
- Globerman, Steven & Shapiro, Daniel, 2002. "Global Foreign Direct Investment Flows: The Role of Governance Infrastructure," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1899-1919, November.
- Claudio Bravo-Ortega & Daniel Lederman, 2004. "Agricultural productivity and its determinants: revisiting international experiences," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 31(2 Year 20), pages 133-163, December.
- Hayami, Yujiro & Ruttan, Vernon W, 1970. "Agricultural Productivity Differences Among Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(5), pages 895-911, December.
- North, Douglass C, 1987. "Institutions, Transaction Costs and Economic Growth," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(3), pages 419-428, July.
- George J. Stigler, 1951. "The Division of Labor is Limited by the Extent of the Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 185-185.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ben Slimane, Mehdi & Huchet-Bourdon, Marilyne & Zitouna, Habib, 2016.
"The role of sectoral FDI in promoting agricultural production and improving food security,"
Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 50-65.
- Mehdi Ben Slimane & Marilyne Huchet-Bourdon & Habib Zitouna, 2016. "The Role of Sectoral FDI in Promoting Agricultural Production and Improving Food Security," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 145, pages 50-65.
- Di-Marcantonio, Federica & Morales-Opazo, Cristian & Barreiro-Hurlé, Jesús & Demeke, Mulat, 2014. "Determinants of food production in Sub Saharan Africa: the impact of policy, market access and governance," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182683, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural productivity Governance Aggregate agricultural production function;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:33:y:2008:i:6:p:504-512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.