Pull and push: individual farming in Hungary
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dessing, Maryke, 2002. "Labor supply, the family and poverty: the S-shaped labor supply curve," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 433-458, December.
- Soon, Lee-Ying, 1987. "Self-employment vs wage employment: Estimation of earnings functions in LDCs," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 81-89, April.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Block, M K & Heineke, J M, 1973. "The Allocation of Effort under Uncertainty: The Case of Risk-averse Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 376-385, Part I, M.
- Huffman, Wallace E, 1980.
"Farm and Off-Farm Work Decisions: The Role of Human Capital,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 62(1), pages 14-23, February.
- Huffman, Wallace, 1980. "Farm and Off-Farm Work Decisions: The Role of Human Capital," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10973, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Swinnen, Johan F. M. & Gow, Hamish R., 1999.
"Agricultural credit problems and policies during the transition to a market economy in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 21-47, February.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Gow, Hamish R., 1997. "Agricultural Credit Problems And Policies During The Transition To A Market Economy In Central And Eastern Europe," PRG Working Papers 31887, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, M. & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behavior with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explain," CUDARE Working Papers 198579, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Sarah Gavian & Marcel Fafchamps, 1996. "Land Tenure and Allocative Efficiency in Niger," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 460-471.
- Epstein, L, 1975. "A Disaggregate Analysis of Consumer Choice under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 877-892, Sept.-Nov.
- McFadden, Daniel L., 1984. "Econometric analysis of qualitative response models," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 24, pages 1395-1457 Elsevier.
- Johan F. M. Swinnen & Liesbeth Dries & Karen Macours, 2005. "Transition and agricultural labor," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(1), pages 15-34, January.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, 1999.
"Human Capital, Productivity, and Labor Allocation in Rural Pakistan,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(2), pages 369-406.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Agnes R. Quisumbing, "undated". "Human Capital, Productivity, and Labor Allocation in Rural Pakistan," Working Papers 97019, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 1998. "Human capital, productivity, and labor allocation in rural Pakistan," FCND discussion papers 48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gabor Korosi, 1998. "Labour Demand During Transition in Hungary," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 116, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bilsen, Valentijn & Konings, Jozef, 1998.
"Job Creation, Job Destruction, and Growth of Newly Established, Privatized, and State-Owned Enterprises in Transition Economies: Survey Evidence from Bulgaria, Hungary, and Romania,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 429-445, September.
- Valentijn Bilsen & Jozef Konings, 1997. "Job Creation, Job Destruction and Growth of Newly Established, Privatized and State-Owned Enterprises in Transition Economies: Survey Evidence from Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 106, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Singh, Inderjit & Squire, Lyn & Strauss, John, 1986. "A Survey of Agricultural Household Models: Recent Findings and Policy Implications," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 149-179, September.
- Janvry, Alain de & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2001. "Income Strategies Among Rural Households in Mexico: The Role of Off-farm Activities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 467-480, March.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro, 2001. "Rural Nonfarm Employment and Income Diversification in Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 455-465, March.
- Benjamin, Dwayne, 1992. "Household Composition, Labor Markets, and Labor Demand: Testing for Separation in Agricultural Household Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 287-322, March.
- Marian Rizov & Erik Mathijs, 2003. "Farm Survival and Growth in Transition Economies: Theory and Empirical Evidence from Hungary," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 227-242.
- Andrew D. Foster & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 1993. "Information, Learning, and Wage Rates in Low-Income Rural Areas," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 759-790.
- Yang, Dennis Tao, 1997. "Education and Off-Farm Work," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 613-632, April.
- Ahituv, Avner & Kimhi, Ayal, 2002. "Off-farm work and capital accumulation decisions of farmers over the life-cycle: the role of heterogeneity and state dependence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 329-353, August.
- Rizov, Marian & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2004. "Human capital, market imperfections, and labor reallocation in transition," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 745-774, December.
- Rizov, Marian & Gavrilescu, Dinu & Gow, Hamish & Mathijs, Erik & Swinnen, Johan F. M., 2001. "Transition and Enterprise Restructuring: The Development of Individual Farming in Romania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1257-1274, July.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F. M., 2000.
"Causes of Output Decline in Economic Transition: The Case of Central and Eastern European Agriculture,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 172-206, March.
- Macours, Karen & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 1997. "Causes Of Output Decline In Economic Transition: The Case Of Central And Eastern European Agriculture," PRG Working Papers 31877, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Bell, Clive & Zusman, Pinhas, 1976. "A Bargaining Theoretic Approach to Cropsharing Contracts," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 578-588, September.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1996.
"On price risk and the inverse farm size-productivity relationship,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 193-215, December.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 1993. "On Price Risk And The Inverse Farm Size-Productivity Relationship," Staff Papers 12692, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Rizov, Marian, 2004. "Rural development and welfare implications of CAP reforms," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 209-222, February.
- William Hallagan, 1978. "Self-Selection by Contractual Choice and the Theory of Sharecropping," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 344-354, Autumn.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1974. "The measurement of urban travel demand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 303-328, November.
- Sahn, David E. & Alderman, Harold, 1988. "The effects of human capital on wages, and the determinants of labor supply in a developing country," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 157-183, September.
- Bezemer, Dirk J., 2004. "Risk and agricultural de-collectivisation, with evidence from the Czech Republic," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 13-33, March.
- Feder, Gershon, 1985. "The relation between farm size and farm productivity : The role of family labor, supervision and credit constraints," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 297-313, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:zbw:espost:193959 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rizov, Marian, 2005.
"Rural development under the European CAP: The role of diversity,"
EconStor Open Access Articles,
ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 621-628.
- Rizov, Marian, 2005. "Rural development under the European CAP: The role of diversity," MPRA Paper 70582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ags:polvaa:256944 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:30:y:2005:i:1:p:43-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.