Labor supply, the family and poverty: the S-shaped labor supply curve
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Killingsworth, Mark R. & Heckman, James J., 1987. "Female labor supply: A survey," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 103-204 Elsevier.
- Singh, Inderjit & Squire, Lyn & Strauss, John, 1986. "A Survey of Agricultural Household Models: Recent Findings and Policy Implications," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 149-79, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "The Efficiency Wage Hypothesis, Surplus Labour, and the Distribution of Income in L.D.C.s," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 185-207, July.
- Horton, Susan & Kanbur, Ravi & Mazumdar, Dipak, 1991. "Labor markets in an era of adjustment : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 694, The World Bank.
- Bardhan, Pranab K, 1979. "Labor Supply Functions in a Poor Agrarian Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 73-83, March.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, Jan-Jun.
- Dessing, M., 1990. "Support For Microenterprises; Lessons For Sub-Saharan Africa," Papers 122, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Miracle, Marvin P & Fetter, Bruce, 1970. "Backward-sloping Labor-Supply Functions and African Economic Behavior," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 240-51, January.
- Hernández-Licona, Gonzalo, 1997. "Oferta laboral familiar y desempleo en México. Los efectos de la pobreza," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(256), pages 531-568, octubre-d.
- Guha, Ashok, 1989. "Consumption, efficiency and surplus labour," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-12, July.
- Barzel, Yoram & McDonald, Richard J, 1973. "Assets, Subsistence, and The Supply Curve of Labor," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(4), pages 621-33, September.
- Tzannatos, Zafiris, 1999. "Women and Labor Market Changes in the Global Economy: Growth Helps, Inequalities Hurt and Public Policy Matters," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 551-569, March.
- Amartya K. Sen, 1966. "Peasants and Dualism with or without Surplus Labor," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 425.
- Sharif, Mohammed, 1991. "Poverty and the forward-falling labor supply function: A microeconomic analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1075-1093, August.
- Meyer, Jack A, 1975. "The Impact of Welfare Benefit Levels and Tax Rates on the Labor Supply of Poor Women: Note," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(2), pages 236-38, May.
- Rodgers, G B, 1975. "Nutritionally Based Wage Determination in the Low-Income Labour Market," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 61-81, March.
- Kathryn Shaw, 1994. "The Persistence of Female Labor Supply: Empirical Evidence and Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(2), pages 348-378.
- Bryan L. Boulier, 1976. "Children and Household Economic Activity in Laguna Philippines," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 197619, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- W. David Hopper, 1965. "Allocation Efficiency in a Traditional Indian Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 47(3), pages 611-624.
- Bliss, Christopher & Stern, Nicholas, 1978. "Productivity, wages and nutrition : Part I: the theory," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 331-362, December.
- Miracle, Marvin P, 1976. " Interpretation of Backward-sloping Labor Supply Curves in Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 399-406, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:49:y:2002:i:4:p:433-458. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.