Assets, Subsistence, and The Supply Curve of Labor
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dessing, Maryke, 2002. "Labor supply, the family and poverty: the S-shaped labor supply curve," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 433-458, December.
- Bhalotra, Sonia, 2010.
"Fatal fluctuations? Cyclicality in infant mortality in India,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 7-19, September.
- Sonia Bhalotra, 2007. "Fatal Fluctuations? - Cyclicality in Infant Mortality in India," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 07/181, The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, University of Bristol, UK.
- Bhalotra, Sonia R., 2007. "Fatal Fluctuations? Cyclicality in Infant Mortality in India," IZA Discussion Papers 3086, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mohammed SHARIF, 2000. "Inverted “S”—The complete neoclassical labour-supply function," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 139(4), pages 409-435, December.
- Ignacio Falgueras‐Sorauren, 2010. "New Lights On The Robbinsian Theory Of Work Supply," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 57(4), pages 375-403, September.
- Costa, Dora L, 2000.
"The Wage and the Length of the Work Day: From the 1890s to 1991,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 156-181, January.
- Dora L. Costa, 1998. "The Wage and the Length of the Work Day: From the 1890s to 1991," NBER Working Papers 6504, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gärtner, Dennis L. & Gärtner, Manfred, 2011.
"Wage traps as a cause of illiteracy, child labor, and extreme poverty,"
Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 232-242, September.
- Dennis L. Gärtner & Manfred Gärtner, 2008. "Wage Traps as a Cause of Illiteracy, Child Labor, and Extreme Poverty," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2008 2008-02, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Sonia Bhalotra, 2007.
"Is Child Work Necessary?,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(1), pages 29-55, February.
- Sonia Bhalotra, 2000. "Is Child Work Necessary?," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0500, Econometric Society.
- Sonia Bhalotra, 2003. "Is Child Work Necessary?," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 03/554, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Bhalotra, Sonia, 2000. "Is child work necessary?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6652, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sonia R Bhalotra, 2000. "Is Child Work Necessary?," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 26, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bhalotra, Sonia, 2001. "Is child work necessary?," Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes 24660, The World Bank.
- Anda David & Mohamed Ali Marouani, 2013. "The Impact of Labor Mobility on Unemployment: A Comparison between Jordan and Tunisia," Working Papers 823, Economic Research Forum, revised Dec 2013.
- Douglas G. Waldo, 1980. "Sticky nominal wages and the optimal employment rule," International Finance Discussion Papers 155, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1980.
- Umaña-Aponte, Marcela & Bhalotra, Sonia R., 2012. "Women's Labour Supply and Household Insurance in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 066, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Lopez, Humberto & Molina, Luis & Bussolo, Maurizio, 2007. "Remittances and the real exchange rate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4213, The World Bank.
- Halliday, Timothy J., 2012.
"Intra-household labor supply, migration, and subsistence constraints in a risky environment: Evidence from rural El salvador,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 1001-1019.
- Timothy J. Halliday, 2009. "Intra-Household Labor Supply, Migration, and Subsistence Constraints in a Risky Environment: Evidence from Rural El Salvador," Working Papers 200920, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Halliday, Timothy J., 2010. "Intra-Household Labor Supply, Migration, and Subsistence Constraints in a Risky Environment: Evidence from Rural El Salvador," IZA Discussion Papers 4903, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Don Drummond & Evan Capeluck & Matthew Calver, 2015. "The Key Challenge for Canadian Public Policy: Generating Inclusive and Sustainable Economic Growth," CSLS Research Reports 2015-11, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Anda David & Mohamed Ali Marouani, 2015.
"Migration and Employment Interactions in a Crisis Context: the case of Tunisia,"
20150007, UMR Développement et Sociétés, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Institut de Recherche pour le Développement.
- Anda David & Mohamed Ali Marouani, 2015. "Migration and Employment Interactions in a Crisis Context: the case of Tunisia," Working Papers DT/2015/05, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Luciano Fanti, 2012. "Prices, productivity and irregular cycles in a walrasian labour market," Discussion Papers 2012/152, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Sonia Bhalotra & Marcela Umaña-Aponte, 2010.
"The Dynamics of Women’s Labour Supply in Developing Countries,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
10/235, The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, University of Bristol, UK.
- Bhalotra, Sonia R. & Umana-Aponte, Marcela, 2010. "The Dynamics of Women's Labour Supply in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4879, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pascual, Unai & Barbier, Edward B., 2005.
"On- And Off-Farm Labor Decisions By Slash-And-Burn Farmers In Yucatan (Mexico),"
Environmental Economy and Policy Research Discussion Papers
31926, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economy.
- Unai Pascual & Edward Barbier, 2005. "On- and off-farm labor decisions by slash-and-burn farmers in Yucatan (Mexico)," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 06.2005, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2005.
- Jessica S. Bean, 2015. "‘To help keep the home going’: female labour supply in interwar London," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 68(2), pages 441-470, May.
- Marcela Umaña-Aponte & Sonia R. Bhalotra, 2012. "Women's Labour Supply and Household Insurance in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2012-066, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Figueroa, Eugenio & Pastén, Roberto, 2015. "Beyond additive preferences: Economic behavior and the income pollution path," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 91-102.
- Per-Ola Maneschiöld & Bengt Haraldsson, 2007. "Religious Norms and Labour Supply of Married Women in Sweden," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 41-56, Spring.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:63:y:1973:i:4:p:621-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.