Employment Growth in Rural India: Distress Driven?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vinoj Abraham, 2008. "Employment growth in rural India: Distress driven?," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 404, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kristin Mammen & Christina Paxson, 2000. "Women's Work and Economic Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 141-164, Fall.
- K. Sundaram, 2007. "Pemployment And Poverty In India-- 2000-2005," Working papers 155, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- David Bloom & David Canning & Günther Fink & Jocelyn Finlay, 2009.
"Fertility, female labor force participation, and the demographic dividend,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 79-101, June.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Guenther Fink & Jocelyn E. Finlay, 2007. "Fertility, Female Labor Force Participation, and the Demographic Dividend," PGDA Working Papers 2507, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Günther Fink & Jocelyn E. Finlay, 2007. "Fertility, Female Labor Force Participation, and the Demographic Dividend," NBER Working Papers 13583, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- K.N. Nair & Vineetha Menon, 2007. "Distress debt and suicides among agrarian households: Findings from three village studies in Kerala," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 397, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Singh, Inderjit & Squire, Lyn & Strauss, John, 1986. "A Survey of Agricultural Household Models: Recent Findings and Policy Implications," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 149-179, September.
- Bardhan, Pranab K, 1979. "Labor Supply Functions in a Poor Agrarian Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 73-83, March.
- K.N. Nair & Vineetha Menon & Vineetha Menon, 2007. "Agrarian distress and livelihood strategies: A Study in Pulpalli panchayat, Wayanad District, Kerala," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 396, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Sharif, Mohammed, 1991. "Poverty and the forward-falling labor supply function: A microeconomic analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1075-1093, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2013. "A quarter of a century: mobility and stagnation in India’s rural labour market," MPRA Paper 60796, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2014.
- Ishwarya Balasubramanian, 2014. "Local skill concentrations and district employment growth: A Spatial simultaneous equation approach for India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-033, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Neetha N, 2013. "Inequalities Reinforced? Social Groups, Gender and Employment," Working Papers id:5274, eSocialSciences.
- repec:dem:demres:v:36:y:2017:i:52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sunil Mani, 2008. "Financing of industrial innovations in India How effective are tax incentives for R & D?," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 405, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2016. "Determinants of employment and unemployment situation in India with Special reference to North Eastern states of India," MPRA Paper 71469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486789 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pieters, Janneke & Klasen, Stephan, 2011. "Drivers of female labour force participation in urban India during India's Economic Boom," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 65, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- repec:spr:ijlaec:v:59:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s41027-017-0052-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Singh, Alka & Pal, Suresh & Jha, Girish Kumar, 2015. "Transitioning India's Public Expenditure in Agriculture towards Higher Growth and Equity," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 70(3).
- Chaudhary, Ruchika. & Verick, Sher., 2014. "Female labour force participation in India and beyond," ILO Working Papers 994867893402676, International Labour Organization.
- Klasen, Stephan & Pieters, Janneke, 2012. "Push or Pull? Drivers of Female Labor Force Participation during India's Economic Boom," IZA Discussion Papers 6395, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Murthy, P.S. Srikantha & Indumati, S., 2011. "Economic Analysis of MGNREGA in the Droughtâ€“prone States of Karnataka, Rajasthan and Irrigationâ€“dominated State of Andhra Pradesh," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), issue 2011.
- Abraham, Vinoj, 2011. "Agrarian distress and rural non-farm sector employment in India," MPRA Paper 35275, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manik Kumar & Rahul Ranjan, 2015. "Wage Differential between Informal and Formal Wage Worker in India," Academic Journal of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 1(4), pages 9-19, December.
More about this item
KeywordsNSSO; rural India; jobless; growth; rural economy; employment; agriculture sector; productivity; instability; stagnation; price;
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J43 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Agricultural Labor Markets
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-01-10 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2009-01-10 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1824. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .