A bibliometric overview of the Journal of Business Research between 1973 and 2014
The Journal of Business Research is a leading international journal in business research dating back to 1973. This study analyzes all the publications in the journal since its creation by using a bibliometric approach. The objective is to provide a complete overview of the main factors that affect the journal. This analysis includes key issues such as the publication and citation structure of the journal, the most cited articles, and the leading authors, institutions, and countries in the journal. Unsurprisingly, the USA is the leading region in the journal although a considerable dispersion exists, especially during the last years when European and Asian universities are taking a more significant position.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 68 (2015)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Knight, Gary A. & Hult, G. Tomas M. & Bashaw, R. Edward, 2000. "Research Productivity in the Journal of Business Research: 1985-1999," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 303-314, September.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Culyer, Anthony J., 2012.
"Four decades of health economics through a bibliometric lens,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 406-439.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Culyer, Anthony J., 2011. "Four decades of health economics through a bibliometric lens," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5829, The World Bank.
- Baltagi, Badi H., 2007. "Worldwide Econometrics Rankings: 1989 2005," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(05), pages 952-1012, October.
- Badi H. Baltagi, 2007. "Worldwide Econometrics Rankings: 1989-2005," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 94, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Alexander, John C & Mabry, Rodney H, 1994. " Relative Significance of Journals, Authors, and Articles Cited in Financial Research," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 697-712, June.
- Schwert, G. William, 1993. "The journal of financial economics*1: A retrospective evaluation (1974-1991)," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 369-424, June.
- Borokhovich, Kenneth A. & Lee, Allissa A. & Simkins, Betty J., 2011. "A framework for journal assessment: The case of the Journal of Banking & Finance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Watts, Ross L., 1998. "Commemorating the 25th Volume of the Journal of Accounting and Economics," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 217-233, June.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Fosaas, Morten & Sapprasert, Koson, 2012. "Innovation: Exploring the knowledge base," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1132-1153.
- Jan Fagerberg & Koson Sapprasert, 2010. "Innovation: Exploring the knowledge base," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20100616, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Jan Fagerberg & Morten Fosaas & Koson Sapprasert, 2011. "Innovation: Exploring the knowledge base," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20111003, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Leone, Robert P. & Robinson, Larry M. & Bragge, Johanna & Somervuori, Outi, 2012. "A citation and profiling analysis of pricing research from 1980 to 2010," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(7), pages 1010-1024.
- Allen, Marcus T. & Kau, James B., 1991. "Contributing authors and institutions to the Journal of Urban Economics: 1974-1989," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 373-384, November.
- Andrew C Inkpen & Paul W Beamish, 1994. "An Analysis of Twenty-Five Years of Research in the Journal of International Business Studies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(4), pages 703-713, December.
- Hoepner, Andreas G.F. & Kant, Benjamin & Scholtens, Bert & Yu, Pei-Shan, 2012. "Environmental and ecological economics in the 21st century: An age adjusted citation analysis of the influential articles, journals, authors and institutions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 193-206.
- Landström, Hans & Harirchi, Gouya & Åström, Fredrik, 2012. "Entrepreneurship: Exploring the knowledge base," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1154-1181.
- Loock, Moritz & Hinnen, Gieri, 2015. "Heuristics in organizations: A review and a research agenda," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 2027-2036.
- David Autor, 2012. "The Journal of Economic Perspectives at 100 (Issues)," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 3-18, Spring.
- Hsieh, Pao-Nuan & Chang, Pao-Long, 2009. "An assessment of world-wide research productivity in production and operations management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 540-551, August.
- Alonso, S. & Cabrerizo, F.J. & Herrera-Viedma, E. & Herrera, F., 2009. "h-Index: A review focused in its variants, computation and standardization for different scientific fields," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 273-289.
- Tom Coupé, 2003. "Revealed Performances: Worldwide Rankings of Economists and Economics Departments, 1990-2000," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1309-1345, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:68:y:2015:i:12:p:2645-2653. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.