Economic value in tranching of syndicated loans
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ha-Chin Yi & Donald J. Mullineaux, 2006. "The Informational Role Of Bank Loan Ratings," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(4), pages 481-501.
- Dennis, Steven A. & Mullineaux, Donald J., 2000. "Syndicated Loans," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 404-426, October.
- Johnston, Mark, 2009. "Extending the Basel II approach to estimate capital requirements for equity investments," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1177-1185, June.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan V, 1993. " Security Design," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1349-1378, September.
- Sang Whi Lee & Donald J. Mullineaux, 2004. "Monitoring, Financial Distress, and the Structure of Commercial Lending Syndicates," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 33(3), Fall.
- Maretno Harjoto & Donald Mullineaux & Ha-Chin Yi, 2006. "A Comparison of Syndicated Loan Pricing at Investment and Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 35(4), Winter.
- Liao, Hsien-Hsing & Chen, Tsung-Kang & Lu, Chia-Wu, 2009. "Bank credit risk and structural credit models: Agency and information asymmetry perspectives," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1520-1530, August.
- Ruthenberg, David & Landskroner, Yoram, 2008. "Loan pricing under Basel II in an imperfectly competitive banking market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2725-2733, December.
- Ivashina, Victoria, 2009. "Asymmetric information effects on loan spreads," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 300-319, May.
- Amir Sufi, 2007. "Information Asymmetry and Financing Arrangements: Evidence from Syndicated Loans," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(2), pages 629-668, April.
- Duffie Darrell & Rahi Rohit, 1995. "Financial Market Innovation and Security Design: An Introduction," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 1-42, February.
- Dennis, Steven & Nandy, Debarshi & Sharpe, Lan G., 2000. "The Determinants of Contract Terms in Bank Revolving Credit Agreements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(01), pages 87-110, March.
- Katerina Simons, 1993. "Why do banks syndicate loans?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 45-52.
- Maretno Harjoto & Donald J. Mullineaux & Ha-Chin Yi, 2006. "A Comparison of Syndicated Loan Pricing at Investment and Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 49-70, December.
- Focarelli, Dario & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco & Casolaro, Luca, 2008. "The pricing effect of certification on syndicated loans," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 335-349, March.
- Grunert, Jens & Weber, Martin, 2009. "Recovery rates of commercial lending: Empirical evidence for German companies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 505-513, March.
- Peter M. DeMarzo, 2005. "The Pooling and Tranching of Securities: A Model of Informed Intermediation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 1-35.
- Riddiough, Timothy J., 1997. "Optimal Design and Governance of Asset-Backed Securities," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 121-152, April.
- Angbazo, Lazarus A. & Mei, Jianping & Saunders, Anthony, 1998. "Credit spreads in the market for highly leveraged transaction loans," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(10-11), pages 1249-1282, October.
- Hale, Galina & Santos, João A.C., 2008. "The decision to first enter the public bond market: The role of firm reputation, funding choices, and bank relationships," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1928-1940, September.
- Palepu, Krishna G., 1986. "Predicting takeover targets : A methodological and empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 3-35, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hervé Alexandre & Karima Bouaiss & Catherine Refait-Alexandre, 2014.
"Banking Relationships and Syndicated Loans during the 2008 Financial Crisis,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, pages 99-113.
- Herve Alexandre & Karima Bouaiss & Catherine Refait-Alexandre, 2014. "Banking Relationships and Syndicated Loans during the 2008 Financial Crisis," Post-Print halshs-01067252, HAL.
- Pankaj Maskara & Donald Mullineaux, 2011. "Small Firm Capital Structure and the Syndicated Loan Market," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 55-70, April.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/8559 is not listed on IDEAS
- João Pinto & Luís Pacheco & Paulo Alves & M. Ricardo Cunha, 2016. "How banks price loans in leveraged buy-outs: an empirical analysis of spreads determinants," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 04, Católica Porto Business School, Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
- Adamuz, María de las Mercedes & Hernández Cortés, Janko, 2015. "Endogenous screening and the formation of loan syndicates," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 290-307.
- Vu, Tram & Do, Viet & Skully, Michael, 2015. "Local versus foreign banks: A home market advantage in loan syndications," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 29-39.
- Manthos D. Delis & Sotirios Kokas & Steven Ongena, 2017. "Bank Market Power and Firm Performance," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, pages 299-326.
- Parnes, Dror, 2015. "Determining the economic value of ambiguous loan portfolios," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 148-154.
- Kleimeier, Stefanie & Chaudhry, Sajid M., 2015. "Cultural differences and the structure of loan syndicates," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 115-124.
- Haselmann, Rainer & Wachtel, Paul, 2011. "Foreign banks in syndicated loan markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 2679-2689, October.
- Bosch, Oliver & Steffen, Sascha, 2011. "On syndicate composition, corporate structure and the certification effect of credit ratings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 290-299, February.
- Godlewski, Christophe J., 2014. "Bank loans and borrower value during the global financial crisis: Empirical evidence from France," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 100-130.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2014. "What drives the dynamics of bank debt renegotiation in Europe? A survival analysis approach," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2014-01, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:34:y:2010:i:5:p:946-955. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.