Normal mixture diffusion with uncertain volatility: Modelling short- and long-term smile effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Breeden, Douglas T & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1978. "Prices of State-contingent Claims Implicit in Option Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 621-651, October.
- Epps, Thomas W & Epps, Mary Lee, 1976. "The Stochastic Dependence of Security Price Changes and Transaction Volumes: Implications for the Mixture-of-Distributions Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 305-321, March.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 307-327.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Goodhart, Charles A. E. & O'Hara, Maureen, 1997. "High frequency data in financial markets: Issues and applications," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 73-114, June.
- McFarland, James W & Pettit, R Richardson & Sung, Sam K, 1982. " The Distribution of Foreign Exchange Price Changes: Trading Day Effects and Risk Measurement," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 693-715, June.
- Marco Avellaneda & Craig Friedman & Richard Holmes & Dominick Samperi, 1997. "Calibrating volatility surfaces via relative-entropy minimization," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 37-64.
- Ritchey, Robert J, 1990. "Call Option Valuation for Discrete Normal Mixtures," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(4), pages 285-296, Winter.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Bernard Dumas & Jeff Fleming & Robert E. Whaley, 1998. "Implied Volatility Functions: Empirical Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2059-2106, December.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Rubinstein, Mark, 1994. " Implied Binomial Trees," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(3), pages 771-818, July.
- Melick, William R. & Thomas, Charles P., 1997. "Recovering an Asset's Implied PDF from Option Prices: An Application to Crude Oil during the Gulf Crisis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 91-115, March.
- Huisman, Ronald, et al, 2001. "Tail-Index Estimates in Small Samples," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(2), pages 208-216, April.
- Damiano Brigo, 2008. "The general mixture-diffusion SDE and its relationship with an uncertain-volatility option model with volatility-asset decorrelation," Papers 0812.4052, arXiv.org.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The valuation of options for alternative stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 145-166.
- Klaassen, F.J.G.M., 1998. "Improving Garch Volatility Forecasts," Discussion Paper 1998-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mark Rubinstein., 1994. "Implied Binomial Trees," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-232, University of California at Berkeley.
- Hamilton, James D. & Susmel, Raul, 1994.
"Autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity and changes in regime,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 307-333.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to estimate Hamilton-Susmel Markov Switching ARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00083, Boston College Department of Economics.
- N. H. Bingham & Rudiger Kiesel, 2002. "Semi-parametric modelling in finance: theoretical foundations," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 241-250.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Torous, Walter N., 1983. "A Simplified Jump Process for Common Stock Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 53-65, March.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carol Alexander & Leonardo M. Nogueira, 2004. "Hedging with Stochastic and Local Volatility," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2004-10, Henley Business School, Reading University, revised Dec 2004.
- Emese Lazar & Carol Alexander, 2006. "Normal mixture GARCH(1,1): applications to exchange rate modelling," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 307-336.
- En-Der Su & Feng-Jeng Lin, 2012. "Two-State Volatility Transition Pricing and Hedging of TXO Options," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 39(3), pages 259-287, March.
- Rania Hentati & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2011.
"Portfolio Optimization Within Mixture Of Distributions,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Rania Hentati Kaffel & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2014. "Portfolio Optimization within Mixture of Distributions," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01066105, HAL.
- Eugenia Sanin, María & Violante, Francesco & Mansanet-Bataller, María, 2015.
"Understanding volatility dynamics in the EU-ETS market,"
Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 321-331.
- Maria Eugenia Sanin & Maria Mansanet-Bataller & Francesco Violante, 2015. "Understanding volatility dynamics in the EU-ETS market," CREATES Research Papers 2015-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Xin Liu, 2016. "Mixture Diffusion for Asset Pricing," Papers 1610.01450, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2017.
- Dinghai Xu, 2009. "The Applications of Mixtures of Normal Distributions in Empirical Finance: A Selected Survey," Working Papers 0904, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2009.
- Carol Alexander & Andrew Scourse, 2004. "Bivariate normal mixture spread option valuation," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 637-648.
- Hentati Rania & Prigent Jean-Luc, 2011.
"On the maximization of financial performance measures within mixture models,"
Statistics & Risk Modeling,
De Gruyter, vol. 28(1), pages 63-80, March.
- Rania Hentati & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2011. "On the maximization of financial performance measures within mixture models," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00608960, HAL.
- Hentati-Kaffel, R. & Prigent, J.-L., 2016.
"Optimal positioning in financial derivatives under mixture distributions,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 115-124.
- R. Hentati-Kaffel & J.L. Prigent, 2014. "Optimal Positioning in Financial Derivatives under Mixture Distributions," Working Papers 2014-347, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Rania Hentati & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2016. "Optimal positioning in financial derivatives under mixture distributions," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01299840, HAL.
- Osazee Godwin Omorokunwa & Nosakhare Ikponmwosa, 2014. "Macroeconomic variables and stock price volatility in Nigeria," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 14(1), pages 259-268.
- Massimo Guidolin, 2013. "Markov switching models in asset pricing research," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 1, pages 3-44 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Date, Paresh & Islyaev, Suren, 2015. "A fast calibrating volatility model for option pricing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 243(2), pages 599-606.
- Donald Aingworth & Sanjiv Das & Rajeev Motwani, 2006. "A simple approach for pricing equity options with Markov switching state variables," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 95-105.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:28:y:2004:i:12:p:2957-2980. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.