Financial innovation, new assets, and the behavior of money demand
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frodin, Joanna H. & Startz, Richard, 1982.
"The NOW account experiment and the demand for money,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 179-193, June.
- Joanna H. Frodin & Richard Startz, . "The NOW Account Experiment and the Demand for Money," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 11-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Courtenay C. Stone & Daniel L. Thornton, 1987. "Solving the 1980s' velocity puzzle: a progress report," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Aug, pages 5-23.
- George S. Tavlas & P. A. V. B. Swamy, 1987.
"Financial deregulation, the demand for money, and monetary policy in Australia,"
Special Studies Papers
222, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- P. A. V. B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 1989. "Financial Deregulation, the Demand for Money, and Monetary Policy in Australia," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 36(1), pages 63-101, March.
- Barmish, B. Ross, 1984. "A new approach to the incorporation of attributes into consumer theory," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 93-110, February.
- Cosimano, Thomas F., 1988. "The banking industry under uncertain monetary policy," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 117-139, March.
- Lippman, Steven A & McCall, John J, 1986. "An Operational Measure of Liquidity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 43-55, March.
- Donald D. Hester, 1981. "Innovations and Monetary Control," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 12(1), pages 141-200.
- Robert L. Hetzel, 1987. "Will Recent High Growth Rates Of Money Revive Inflation?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 5(1), pages 41-53, 01.
- William Poole, 1987.
"Monetary Policy Lessons of recent Inflation and Disinflation,"
NBER Working Papers
2300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poole, William, 1988. "Monetary Policy Lessons of Recent Inflation and Disinflation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 73-100, Summer.
- Flannery, Mark J, 1981. "Market Interest Rates and Commercial Bank Profitability: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(5), pages 1085-1101, December.
- Milbourne, Ross & Moore, H Alec, 1986. "Some Statistical Evidence on the Effects of Financial Innovation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(3), pages 521-25, August.
- Michael C. Keeley & Gary C. Zimmerman, 1986. "Deposit rate deregulation and the demand for transactions media," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sum, pages 47-62.
- Santomero, Anthony M, 1984. "Modeling the Banking Firm: A Survey," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 576-602, November.
- Milbourne, Ross, 1986. "Financial Innovation and the Demand for Liquid Assets: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 506-11, November.
- Thomas D. Simpson, 1984. "Changes in the Financial System: Implication for Monetary Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 15(1), pages 249-272.
- Barnett, William A & Fisher, Douglas & Serletis, Apostolos, 1992. "Consumer Theory and the Demand for Money," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 2086-2119, December.
- Patrick I. Mahoney & Alice P. White & Paul F. O'Brien & Mary M. McLaughlin, 1987. "Responses to deregulation: retail deposit pricing from 1983 through 1985," Staff Studies 151, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Sichel, Daniel E., 1990. "The demand for money," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 299-356 Elsevier.
- Richard Startz, 1983. "Competition and Interest Rate Ceilings in Commercial Banking," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 255-265.
- Hetzel, Robert L & Mehra, Yash P, 1989. "The Behavior of Money Demand in the 1980s," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(4), pages 455-63, November.
- Bharat Trehan & Carl E. Walsh, 1987. "Portfolio Substitution And Recent M1 Behavior," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 5(1), pages 54-63, 01.
- Gauger, Jean, 1992. "Portfolio Redistribution Impacts within the Narrow Monetary Aggregate," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(2), pages 239-57, May.
- Cosimano, Thomas F, 1987. "The Federal Funds Market under Bank Deregulation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(3), pages 326-39, August.
- Hendler, Reuven, 1975. "Lancaster's New Approach to Consumer Demand and Its Limitations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(1), pages 194-99, March.
- Ahmet Baytas & Alvin L. Marty, 1989. "The Interest Elasticity of Money Demand: Further Evidence," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 107-111, Apr-Jun.
- Miller, Stephen M., 1989. "Money demand instability: has it ended?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 345-349, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:20:y:1996:i:2:p:207-225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.