Solving the 1980s' velocity puzzle: a progress report
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): (1987)
Issue (Month): Aug ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.stlouisfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.stls.frb.org/research/order/pubform.html Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spindt, Paul A, 1985. "Money Is What Money Does: Monetary Aggregation and the Equation of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(1), pages 175-204, February.
- Nelson, Charles R. & Plosser, Charles I., 1982. "Trends and random walks in macroeconmic time series : Some evidence and implications," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 139-162.
- A. Steven Holland, 1984. "Real interest rates: what accounts for their recent rise?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Dec, pages 18-29.
- Dallas S. Batten & Daniel L. Thornton, 1985. "Are weighted monetary aggregates better than simple-sum M1?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun, pages 29-40.
- Thornton, Daniel L & Batten, Dallas S, 1985. "Lag-Length Selection and Tests of Granger Causality between Money and Income," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 164-78, May.
- Michael R. Darby & William Poole & David E. Lindsey & Milton Friedman & Michael J. Bazdarich, 1987. "Recent Behavior Of The Velocity Of Money," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 5(1), pages 1-33, 01.
- Darby, Michael R, 1972. "The Allocation of Transitory Income Among Consumers' Assets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 928-41, December.
- Bharat Trehan & Carl E. Walsh, 1987. "Portfolio Substitution And Recent M1 Behavior," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 5(1), pages 54-63, 01.
- G.J. Santoni, 1987. "Changes in wealth and the velocity of money," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 16-26.
- Rasche, Robert H., 1987. "M1 -- Velocity and money-demand functions: Do stable relationships exist?," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 9-88, January.
- John A. Tatom, 1983. "Was the 1982 velocity decline unusual?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Aug, pages 5-15.
- Mascaro, Angelo & Meltzer, Allan H., 1983. "Long- and short-term interest rates in a risky world," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 485-518, November.
- Helen T. Farr & Deborah Johnson, 1985. "Revisions in the monetary services (Divisia) indexes of the monetary aggregates," Staff Studies 147, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Helen T. Farr & Deborah Johnson, 1985. "Revisions in the monetary services (Divisia) indexes of monetary aggregates," Special Studies Papers 189, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Richard W. Kopcke, 1986. "How erratic is money growth?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 3-20.
- William Barnett, 2005.
WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS
200510, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2005.
- Mack Ott, 1982. "Money, credit and velocity," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 21-34.
- Robert L. Hetzel, 1987. "Will Recent High Growth Rates Of Money Revive Inflation?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 5(1), pages 41-53, 01.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1983. "Why does velocity matter?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Dec, pages 5-13.
- R. Alton Gilbert & A. Steven Holland, 1984. "Has the deregulation of deposit interest rates raised mortgage rates?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 5-15.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:1987:i:aug:p:5-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.