Changes in wealth and the velocity of money
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Butkiewicz, James L., 1983. "The market value of outstanding government debt : Comment," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 373-379.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1978. "Crowding Out or Crowding In? Economic Consequences of Financing Government Deficits," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 9(3), pages 593-641.
- Karl Brunner & Allan H. Meltzer, 1963. "Predicting Velocity: Implications For Theory And Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 18(2), pages 319-354, May.
- R. W. Hafer & Scott E. Hein, 1979. "Evidence on the temporal stability of the demand for money relationship in the United States," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Dec, pages 3-14.
- Kormendi, Roger C, 1983. "Government Debt, Government Spending, and Private Sector Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 994-1010, December.
- Hamburger, Michael J., 1977. "The demand for money in an open economy : Germany and the United Kingdom," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 25-40, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Courtenay C. Stone & Daniel L. Thornton, 1987. "Solving the 1980s' velocity puzzle: a progress report," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Aug, pages 5-23.
More about this item
KeywordsGross national product ; Velocity of money ; Money supply ; Income;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:1987:i:mar:p:16-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.