Total factor productivity growth for 12 Asian economies: The past and the future
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dinopoulos, Elias & Thompson, Peter, 2000. "Endogenous growth in a cross-section of countries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 335-362, August.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Hong, Kiseok, 2012.
"Economic growth in Asia: Determinants and prospects,"
Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 101-113.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Hong, Kiseok, 2010. "Economic Growth in Asia: Determinants and Prospects," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 220, Asian Development Bank.
- Young, Alwyn, 1994. "Lessons from the East Asian NICS: A contrarian view," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 964-973, April.
- Shigeru Iwata & Mohsin S. Khan & Hiroshi Murao, 2003.
"Sources of Economic Growth in East Asia: A Nonparametric Assessment,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 50(2), pages 1-1.
- Mohsin S. Khan & Shigeru Iwata & Hiroshi Murao, 2002. "Sources of Economic Growth in East Asia; A Nonparametric Assessment," IMF Working Papers 02/13, International Monetary Fund.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1993. "The role of macroeconomic factors in growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 485-512, December.
- Benhabib, Jess & Spiegel, Mark M., 1994. "The role of human capital in economic development evidence from aggregate cross-country data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 143-173, October.
- Phillip Arestis & Michelle Baddeley & John S.L. McCombie (ed.), 2007. "Economic Growth," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3958.
- Jesus Felipe, 1999.
"Total factor productivity growth in East Asia: A critical survey,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 1-41.
- Felipe, J., 1997. "Total Factor Productivity Growth in East Asia: A Critical Survey," Papers 65, Asian Development Bank.
- Masters, William A & McMillan, Margaret S, 2001.
"Climate and Scale in Economic Growth,"
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 167-186, September.
- William A. Masters & Margaret S. McMillan, 2000. "Climate and Scale In Economic Growth," CID Working Papers 48, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Margaret S. McMillan & William A. Masters, 2000. "Climate and scale in economic growth," CSAE Working Paper Series 2000-13, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- William A. Masters & Margaret S. McMillan, 2000. "Climate and Scale in Economic Growth," CID Working Papers 48A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong Wha, 2013.
"A new data set of educational attainment in the world, 1950–2010,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 184-198.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2010. "A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950-2010," NBER Working Papers 15902, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tsao, Yuan, 1985. "Growth without productivity: Singapore Manufacturing in the 1970s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 25-38.
- Alwyn Young, 1992. "A Tale of Two Cities: Factor Accumulation and Technical Change in Hong Kong and Singapore," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1992, Volume 7, pages 13-64, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry P. Bosworth & Susan M. Collins, 2003. "The Empirics of Growth: An Update," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(2), pages 113-206.
- Pack, Howard & Page, John Jr., 1994. "Accumulation, exports, and growth in the high-performing Asian economies," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 199-235, June.
- Michael Sarel, 1997. "Growth and Productivity in Asean Countries," IMF Working Papers 97/97, International Monetary Fund.
- Alwyn Young, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-680.
- Peter Klenow & Andrés Rodríguez-Clare, 1997. "The Neoclassical Revival in Growth Economics: Has It Gone Too Far?," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1997, Volume 12, pages 73-114, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter J. Klenow & Mark Bils, 2000. "Does Schooling Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1160-1183, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Molinari, Benedetto & Rodríguez, Jesús & Torres, José L., 2013.
"Growth and technological progress in selected Pacific countries,"
Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 60-71.
- Benedetto Molinari & Jesús Rodríguez López & Jose Luis Torres, 2012. "Technological Progress and Growth in Selected Pacific Countries," Working Papers 12.07, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Sithanonxay SUVANNAPHAKDY & Toshihisa TOYODA, 2019. "Assessing the Fiscal Impact of Trade Liberalization in Laos: A General Equilibrium Approach," GSICS Working Paper Series 34, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University.
- Viet Nguyen, Thanh & Simioni, Michel & Le Van, Dao, 2019.
"Assessment of TFP change at provincial level in Vietnam: New evidence using Färe–Primont productivity index,"
Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 329-345.
- Thanh Viet Nguyen & Michel Simioni & Dao Le Van, 2019. "Assessment of TFP change at provincial level in Vietnam: new evidence using Färe–Primont productivity index," Post-Print hal-02622869, HAL.
- Gui Ye & Yuhe Wang & Yuxin Zhang & Liming Wang & Houli Xie & Yuan Fu & Jian Zuo, 2019. "Impact of Migrant Workers on Total Factor Productivity in Chinese Construction Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-18, February.
- Sibabrata Das & Mukti Upadhyay, 2019. "Growth of Real GDP and Total Factor Productivity in Asia with an Emphasis on Malaysian Growth," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 47(4), pages 391-413, December.
- Lenkei, Balint & Mustafa, Ghulam & Vecchi, Michela, 2018. "Growth in emerging economies: Is there a role for education?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 240-253.
- Satoshi Nakano & Kazuhiko Nishimura, 2015. "Quality-adjusted productivity gain in the propagation of innovation," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 4(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Qipeng Sun & Yafang Geng & Fei Ma & Chao Wang & Bo Wang & Xiu Wang & Wenlin Wang, 2018. "Spatial–Temporal Evolution and Factor Decomposition for Ecological Pressure of Carbon Footprint in the One Belt and One Road," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-22, August.
- Jong-Wha Lee, 2015. "Comment on “Innovation and Economic Growth in East Asia: An Overview”," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 10(1), pages 41-42, January.
- Jianping Zha & Zhiyong Li, 2017. "Drivers of tourism growth," Tourism Economics, , vol. 23(5), pages 941-962, August.
- Xinhai Lu & Danling Chen & Yue Wang, 2019. "Is Urban Sprawl Decoupled from the Quality of Economic Growth? Evidence from Chinese Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-17, December.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal factor productivity; Asian economies; Economic growth; Human capital; R&D; Long-term projection;
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:japwor:v:24:y:2012:i:2:p:114-127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.