Recursive modelling of symmetric and asymmetric volatility in the presence of extreme observations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ling, Shiqing & McAleer, Michael, 2003. "Asymptotic Theory For A Vector Arma-Garch Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 280-310, April.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Ling, Shiqing & McAleer, Michael, 2002.
"NECESSARY AND SUFFICIENT MOMENT CONDITIONS FOR THE GARCH(r,s) AND ASYMMETRIC POWER GARCH(r,s) MODELS,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(03), pages 722-729, June.
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001. "Necessary and Sufficient Moment Conditions for the GARCH(r,s) and Asymmetric Power GARCH(r,s) Models," ISER Discussion Paper 0534, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ling, Shiqing & McAleer, Michael, 2002.
"Stationarity and the existence of moments of a family of GARCH processes,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 109-117, January.
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001. "Stationarity and the Existence of Moments of a Family of GARCH Processes," ISER Discussion Paper 0535, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Li, W K & Ling, Shiqing & McAleer, Michael, 2002. " Recent Theoretical Results for Time Series Models with GARCH Errors," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 245-269, July.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier, 2014. "Volatility persistence in crude oil markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 729-742.
- Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier, 2014.
"Large shocks in the volatility of the Dow Jones Industrial Average index: 1928–2013,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 188-199.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2014. "Large shocks in the volatility of the Dow Jones Industrial Average index: 1928–2013," Post-Print hal-01122507, HAL.
- Mathieu Gatumel & Dominique Guegan, 2008.
"Dynamic analysis of the insurance linked securities index,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
b08049, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Mathieu Gatumel & Dominique Guegan, 2008. "Dynamic Analysis of the Insurance Linked Securities Index," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00320378, HAL.
- Bali, Rakesh & Guirguis, Hany, 2007. "Extreme observations and non-normality in ARCH and GARCH," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 332-346.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Laurent Ferrara, 2014.
"Does the Great Recession imply the end of the Great Moderation? International evidence,"
EconomiX Working Papers
2014-21, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Laurent Ferrara & Olivier Darné & Amélie Charles, 2017. "Does the Great Recession imply the end of the Great Moderation? International evidence," Post-Print hal-01635945, HAL.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Laurent Ferrara, 2014. "Does the Great Recession imply the end of the Great Moderation? International evidence," Working Papers hal-00952951, HAL.
- Jorge Caiado, 2004.
"Modelling And Forecasting The Volatility Of The Portuguese Stock Index Psi-20,"
Portuguese Journal of Management Studies,
ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(1), pages 3-21.
- Caiado, Jorge, 2004. "Modelling and forecasting the volatility of the portuguese stock index PSI-20," MPRA Paper 2077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chan, Felix & Marinova, Dora & McAleer, Michael, 2004.
"Modelling the asymmetric volatility of electronics patents in the USA,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM),
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 169-184.
- Felix Chan & Dora Marinova & Michael McAleer, 2003. "Modelling the Asymmetric Volatility of Electronics Patents in the USA," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-208, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Leandro Maciel, 2012. "A Hybrid Fuzzy GJR-GARCH Modeling Approach for Stock Market Volatility Forecasting," Brazilian Review of Finance, Brazilian Society of Finance, vol. 10(3), pages 337-367.
- Prateek Sharma & Vipul _, 2015. "Forecasting stock index volatility with GARCH models: international evidence," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(4), pages 445-463, October.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:508-519 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:20:y:2004:i:1:p:115-129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.