Extreme observations and non-normality in ARCH and GARCH
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baillie, Richard T. & DeGennaro, Ramon P., 1990.
"Stock Returns and Volatility,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 203-214, June.
- Baillie, R.T. & Degennaro, R.P., 1988. "Stock Returns And Volatility," Papers 8803, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- van Dijk, Dick & Franses, Philip Hans & Lucas, Andre, 1999. "Testing for ARCH in the Presence of Additive Outliers," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 539-562, Sept.-Oct.
- van Dijk, D.J.C. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Lucas, A., 1996. "Testing for ARCH in the Presence of Additive Outliers," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9659-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Ng, Hock Guan & McAleer, Michael, 2004. "Recursive modelling of symmetric and asymmetric volatility in the presence of extreme observations," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 115-129.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1987. "A Conditionally Heteroskedastic Time Series Model for Speculative Prices and Rates of Return," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 542-547, August.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394-394.
- Franses, Philip Hans & Ghijsels, Hendrik, 1999. "Additive outliers, GARCH and forecasting volatility," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-9, February.
- Ledolter, Johannes, 1989. "The effect of additive outliers on the forecasts from ARIMA models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 231-240.
- Peter Hall & Qiwei Yao, 2003. "Inference in Arch and Garch Models with Heavy--Tailed Errors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 285-317, January.
- Bai, Xuezheng & Russell, Jeffrey R. & Tiao, George C., 2003. "Kurtosis of GARCH and stochastic volatility models with non-normal innovations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 349-360, June.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993. " On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Park, Beum-Jo, 2002. "An Outlier Robust GARCH Model and Forecasting Volatility of Exchange Rate Returns," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 381-393, August.
- Franc Klaassen, 2002. "Improving GARCH volatility forecasts with regime-switching GARCH," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 363-394. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)