An Outlier Robust GARCH Model and Forecasting Volatility of Exchange Rate Returns
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- F. Javier Trivez & Beatriz Catalan, 2009. "Detecting level shifts in ARMA-GARCH (1,1) Models," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 679-697.
- Tim Bollerslev, 2008. "Glossary to ARCH (GARCH)," CREATES Research Papers 2008-49, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Mathieu Gatumel & Dominique Guegan, 2008.
"Dynamic analysis of the insurance linked securities index,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
b08049, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Mathieu Gatumel & Dominique Guegan, 2008. "Dynamic Analysis of the Insurance Linked Securities Index," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00320378, HAL.
- Boudt, Kris & Croux, Christophe, 2010. "Robust M-estimation of multivariate GARCH models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(11), pages 2459-2469, November.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:68:p:1-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- L. Grossi & G. Morelli, 2006. "Robust volatility forecasts and model selection in financial time series," Economics Department Working Papers 2006-SE02, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Beatriz Catalan & F. Javier Trivez, 2007. "Forecasting volatility in GARCH models with additive outliers," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 591-596.
- Bali, Rakesh & Guirguis, Hany, 2007. "Extreme observations and non-normality in ARCH and GARCH," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 332-346.
- Angela He & Alan Wan, 2009. "Predicting daily highs and lows of exchange rates: a cointegration analysis," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(11), pages 1191-1204.
- Amélie Charles, 2008. "Forecasting volatility with outliers in GARCH models," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(7), pages 551-565.
- Ryoko Ito, 2016. "Asymptotic Theory for Beta-t-GARCH," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1607, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Grané, Aurea & Veiga, Helena, 2010. "Outliers in Garch models and the estimation of risk measures," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws100502, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Wan-Hsiu Cheng, 2008. "Overestimation in the Traditional GARCH Model During Jump Periods," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(68), pages 1-20.
- Beum-Jo Park, 2009. "Risk-return relationship in equity markets: using a robust GMM estimator for GARCH-M models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 93-104.
- M. Angeles Carnero & Daniel Peña & Esther Ruiz, 2008. "Estimating and Forecasting GARCH Volatility in the Presence of Outiers," Working Papers. Serie AD 2008-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Carnero, M. Angeles & Peña, Daniel & Ruiz, Esther, 2012. "Estimating GARCH volatility in the presence of outliers," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 86-90.
- Ewa Ratuszny, 2013. "Robust Estimation in VaR Modelling - Univariate Approaches using Bounded Innovation Propagation and Regression Quantiles Methodology," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 5(1), pages 35-63, March.
- repec:spr:scient:v:90:y:2012:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0543-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Park, Beum-Jo, 2010. "Surprising information, the MDH, and the relationship between volatility and trading volume," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 344-366, August.
- Beum-Jo Park, 2007. "Trading Volume, Volatility, And Garch Effects In The South Korean Won/Us Dollar Exchange Market: Evidence From Conditional Quantile Estimation," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 58(3), pages 382-399.
- Min-Hsien Chiang & Ray Yeutien Chou & Li-Min Wang, 2016. "Outlier Detection in the Lognormal Logarithmic Conditional Autoregressive Range Model," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 78(1), pages 126-144, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jof:jforec:v:21:y:2002:i:5:p:381-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/2966 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.