Hidden cointegration reveals hidden values in Islamic investments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Alexis Guyot, 2011. "Efficiency and Dynamics of Islamic Investment: Evidence of Geopolitical Effects on Dow Jones Islamic Market Indexes," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(6), pages 24-45, November.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Girard, Eric, 2010.
"Faith-Based Ethical Investing: The Case Of Dow Jones Islamic Indexes,"
Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 17, pages 1-31.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Eric Girard, 2011. "Faith-Based Ethical Investing: The Case of Dow Jones Islamic Indexes," NFI Working Papers 2011-WP-05, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Pejman Abedifar & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2013.
"Risk in Islamic Banking,"
Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 17(6), pages 2035-2096.
- Pejman Abedifar & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2012. "Risk in Islamic Banking," Working Papers hal-00915115, HAL.
- Pejman Abedifar & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2013. "Risk in Islamic Banking," Post-Print hal-01098717, HAL.
- Pejman Abedifar & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2013. "Risk in Islamic Banking," Post-Print hal-00915652, HAL.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Said M. Elfakhani & M. Kabir Hassan & Yusuf M. Sidani & Yusuf M. Sidani, 2007. "Islamic Mutual Funds," Chapters, in: M. Kabir Hassan & Mervyn K. Lewis (ed.),Handbook of Islamic Banking, chapter 16, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Martin Čihák & Heiko Hesse, 2010. "Islamic Banks and Financial Stability: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 38(2), pages 95-113, December.
- Alexis Guyot, 2011. "Efficiency and Dynamics of Islamic Investment: Evidence of Geopolitical Effects on Dow Jones Islamic Market Indexes," Post-Print hal-00841074, HAL.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Andreas G.F. Hoepner & Hussain G. Rammal & Michael Rezec, 2011. "Islamic mutual funds’ financial performance and international investment style: evidence from 20 countries," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(9-10), pages 829-850, November.
- Olga Krasicka & Sylwia Nowak, 2012. "What’s in it for Me? A Primeron Differences between Islamic and Conventional Finance in Malaysia," IMF Working Papers 12/151, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-091 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jose Francisco Rubio & M. Kabir Hassan & Hesham Jamil Merdad, 2012. "Non-parametric performance measurement of international and Islamic mutual funds," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(3), pages 208-226, November.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid M. Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2015.
"Islamic Banking And Finance: Recent Empirical Literature And Directions For Future Research,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 637-670, September.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2014. "Islamic Banking and Finance: Recent Empirical Literature and Directions for Future Research," Working Papers hal-01073185, HAL.
- Pejman Abedifar & Shahid Ebrahim & Philip Molyneux & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "Islamic Banking and Finance: Recent Empirical Literature and Directions for Future Research," Post-Print hal-01144032, HAL.
- Buerhan Saiti & Obiyathulla I. Bacha & Mansur Masih, 2014. "The diversification benefits from Islamic investment during the financial turmoil: The case for the US-based equity investors," Borsa Istanbul Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 14(4), pages 196-211, December.
- Yilmaz, Tolgahan, 2010. "Improving Portfolio Optimization by DCC And DECO GARCH: Evidence from Istanbul Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 27314, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexakis, Christos & Dasilas, Apostolos & Grose, Chris, 2013. "Asymmetric dynamic relations between stock prices and mutual fund units in Japan. An application of hidden cointegration technique," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 1-8.
- Granger, Clive W.J. & YOON, GAWON, 2002. "Hidden Cointegration," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt9qn5f61j, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Renneboog, Luc & Ter Horst, Jenke & Zhang, Chendi, 2008. "The price of ethics and stakeholder governance: The performance of socially responsible mutual funds," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 302-322, June.
- Hussein, Khaled A., 2004. "Ethical Investment: Empirical Evidence From Ftse Islamic Index," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 12, pages 22-40.
- Mohamed Albaity & Rubi Ahmad, 2008. "Performance of Syariah and Composite Indices: Evidence from Bursa Malaysia," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 4(1), pages 23-43.
- Jushan Bai & Pierre Perron, 2003.
"Computation and analysis of multiple structural change models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 1-22.
- BAI, Jushan & PERRON, Pierre, 1998. "Computation and Analysis of Multiple Structural-Change Models," Cahiers de recherche 9807, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "MULTIPLEBREAKS: RATS procedure to perform multiple structural change analysis," Statistical Software Components RTS00138, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate examples of Bai-Perron procedure," Statistical Software Components RTZ00008, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "BAIPERRON: RATS procedure to perform Bai-Perron Test for Multiple Structural Changes," Statistical Software Components RTS00013, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2013.
"Islamic vs. conventional banking: Business model, efficiency and stability,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 433-447.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Islamic vs. conventional banking : business model, efficiency and stability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5446, The World Bank.
- Ashraf, Dawood & Mohammad, Nazeeruddin, 2014. "Matching perception with the reality—Performance of Islamic equity investments," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 175-189.
- Saeed BinMahfouz & M. Kabir Hassan, 2013. "Sustainable and socially responsible investing: Does Islamic investing make a difference?," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 164-186, August.
- Roger Perman, 1991. "Cointegration: An Introduction to the Literature," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(3), pages 3-30, September.
- Hassan, Abul & Antoniou, Antonios & Paudyal, D Krishna, 2005. "Impact Of Ethical Screening On Investment Performance: The Case Of The Dow Jones Islamic Index," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 12, pages 68-97.
- Al-Khazali, Osamah & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Samet, Anis, 2014. "Do Islamic stock indexes outperform conventional stock indexes? A stochastic dominance approach," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 29-46.
- el Alaoui, Abdelkader O. & Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Azhar Rosly, Saiful & Masih, Mansur, 2015. "Linkages and co-movement between international stock market returns: Case of Dow Jones Islamic Dubai Financial Market index," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 53-70.
- Rithuan, Syahidah Hanis Meor & Abdullah, Ahmad Monir & Masih, Abul Mansur M., 2014. "The Impact of Crude Oil Price on Islamic Stock Indices of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries: A Comparative Analysis," MPRA Paper 56989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdelbari El Khamlichi & Kabir Sarkar Humayun & Mohamed Arouri & Frédéric Teulon, 2014. "Are Islamic equity indices more efficient than their conventional counterparts ? Evidence from major global index families," Working Papers 2014-91, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Hayat, Raphie & Kraeussl, Roman, 2011. "Risk and return characteristics of Islamic equity funds," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 189-203, June.
- Renneboog, Luc & Ter Horst, Jenke & Zhang, Chendi, 2008. "Socially responsible investments: Institutional aspects, performance, and investor behavior," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1723-1742, September.
- Seng Kok & Gianluigi Giorgioni & Jason Laws, 2009. "Performance of Shariah-Compliant Indices in London and NY Stock Markets and their potential for diversification," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3/4), pages 398-408.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic equity index; Hidden co-integration; Portfolio optimisation; Dow Jones;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:46:y:2017:i:c:p:70-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.