Does the Shariah screening process matter? Evidence from Shariah compliant portfolios
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexis Guyot, 2011. "Efficiency and Dynamics of Islamic Investment: Evidence of Geopolitical Effects on Dow Jones Islamic Market Indexes," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(6), pages 24-45, November.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Girard, Eric, 2010.
"Faith-Based Ethical Investing: The Case Of Dow Jones Islamic Indexes,"
Islamic Economic Studies,
The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 17, pages 1-31.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Eric Girard, 2011. "Faith-Based Ethical Investing: The Case of Dow Jones Islamic Indexes," NFI Working Papers 2011-WP-05, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Dawood Ashraf, 2016. "Does Shari’ah Screening Cause Abnormal Returns? Empirical Evidence from Islamic Equity Indices," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(2), pages 209-228, March.
- Said M. Elfakhani & M. Kabir Hassan & Yusuf M. Sidani & Yusuf M. Sidani, 2007. "Islamic Mutual Funds," Chapters,in: Handbook of Islamic Banking, chapter 16 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mohammad, Nazeeruddin & Ashraf, Dawood, 2015.
"The market timing ability and return performance of Islamic equities: An empirical study,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 169-183.
- Mohammad, Nazeeruddin & Ashraf, Dawood, 2015. "The Market Timing Ability and Return Performance of Islamic Equities: an Empirical Study," Working Papers 1436-6, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- John Lintner, 1965. "Security Prices, Risk, And Maximal Gains From Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 587-615, December.
- Darren D. Lee & Jacquelyn E. Humphrey & Karen L. Benson & Jason Y. K. Ahn, 2010. "Socially responsible investment fund performance: the impact of screening intensity," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 50(2), pages 351-370.
- Alexis Guyot, 2011. "Efficiency and Dynamics of Islamic Investment: Evidence of Geopolitical Effects on Dow Jones Islamic Market Indexes," Post-Print hal-00841074, HAL.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Andreas G.F. Hoepner & Hussain G. Rammal & Michael Rezec, 2011. "Islamic mutual funds’ financial performance and international investment style: evidence from 20 countries," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(9-10), pages 829-850, November.
- Dawood Ashraf, 2013. "Performance evaluation of Islamic mutual funds relative to conventional funds: Empirical evidence from Saudi Arabia," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 105-121, June.
- Ulrich Derigs & Shehab Marzban, 2008. "Review and analysis of current Shariah-compliant equity screening practices," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(4), pages 285-303, November.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Derigs, Ulrich & Marzban, Shehab, 2009. "New strategies and a new paradigm for Shariah-compliant portfolio optimization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1166-1176, June.
- Jacquelyn Humphrey & Darren Lee, 2011. "Australian Socially Responsible Funds: Performance, Risk and Screening Intensity," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(4), pages 519-535, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7347 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ashraf, Dawood & Mohammad, Nazeeruddin, 2014. "Matching perception with the reality—Performance of Islamic equity investments," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 175-189.
- Nelson Areal & Maria Cortez & Florinda Silva, 2013. "The conditional performance of US mutual funds over different market regimes: do different types of ethical screens matter?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 27(4), pages 397-429, December.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Stéphanie Monjon, 2011.
"The Performance of Socially Responsible Funds: Does the Screening Process Matter?,"
2011-12, CEPII research center.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard & Stephanie Monjon, 2014. "The Performance of Socially Responsible Funds: Does the Screening Process Matter?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00802363, HAL.
- Hayat, Raphie & Kraeussl, Roman, 2011. "Risk and return characteristics of Islamic equity funds," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 189-203, June.
- Álvarez-Díaz, Marcos & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Gupta, Rangan, 2014. "Detecting predictable non-linear dynamics in Dow Jones Islamic Market and Dow Jones Industrial Average indices using nonparametric regressions," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 22-35.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ashraf, Dawood & Felixson, Karl & Khawaja, Mohsin & Hussain, Syed Mujahid, 2017. "Do constraints on financial and operating leverage affect the performance of Islamic equity portfolios?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 171-182.
- el Alaoui, AbdelKader Ouatik & Bacha, Obiyathulla Ismath & Masih, Mansur & Asutay, Mehmet, 2016. "Shari’ah screening, market risk and contagion: A multi-country analysis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 93-112.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic equity investments; Screenings standards; Dynamic factor model; Performance comparison;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:132:y:2016:i:s:p:77-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.