Socially responsible investment fund performance: the impact of screening intensity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wendy Beekes & Philip Brown & Qiyu Zhang & Steven Cahan, 2015. "Corporate governance and the informativeness of disclosures in Australia: a re-examination," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 55(4), pages 931-963, December.
- Elton, Edwin J. & Gruber, Martin J. & Blake, Christopher R., 2011. "Holdings Data, Security Returns, and the Selection of Superior Mutual Funds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 341-367, April.
- Daniel, Kent, et al, 1997. " Measuring Mutual Fund Performance with Characteristic-Based Benchmarks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(3), pages 1035-1058, July.
- Pinnuck, Matt, 2003. "An Examination of the Performance of the Trades and Stock Holdings of Fund Managers: Further Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(04), pages 811-828, December.
- Marcin Kacperczyk & Clemens Sialm & Lu Zheng, 2008. "Unobserved Actions of Mutual Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(6), pages 2379-2416, November.
- Verbeek, Marno & Wang, Yu, 2013. "Better than the original? The relative success of copycat funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3454-3471.
- Frank, Mary Margaret & Poterba, James M & Shackelford, Douglas A & Shoven, John B, 2004.
"Copycat Funds: Information Disclosure Regulation and the Returns to Active Management in the Mutual Fund Industry,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 515-541, October.
- Mary Margaret Myers & James M. Poterba & Douglas A. Shackelford, 2001. "Copycat Funds: Information Disclosure Regulation and the Returns to Active Management in the Mutual Fund Industry," NBER Working Papers 8653, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S.P. Kothari, 2001. "Evaluating Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1985-2010, October.
- Wermers, Russ & Yao, Tong & Zhao, Jane, 2012. "Forecasting stock returns through an efficient aggregation of mutual fund holdings," CFR Working Papers 06-09 [rev.], University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Larelle Chapple & Thu Phuong Truong & Steven Cahan, 2015. "Continuous disclosure compliance: does corporate governance matter?," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 55(4), pages 965-988, December.
- Russ Wermers & Tong Yao & Jane Zhao, 2012. "Forecasting Stock Returns Through an Efficient Aggregation of Mutual Fund Holdings," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(12), pages 3490-3529.
- Gang Hu & R. David McLean & Jeffrey Pontiff & Qinghai Wang, 2014. "The Year-End Trading Activities of Institutional Investors: Evidence from Daily Trades," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(5), pages 1593-1614.
- Sugato Bhattacharyya & Vikram Nanda, 2013. "Portfolio Pumping, Trading Activity and Fund Performance," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 17(3), pages 885-919.
- Kingsley Fong & David R. Gallagher & Adrian D. Lee, 2008. "Benchmarking benchmarks: measuring characteristic selectivity using portfolio holdings data," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 48(5), pages 761-781.
- Andy Puckett & Xuemin (Sterling) Yan, 2011. "The Interim Trading Skills of Institutional Investors," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(2), pages 601-633, April.
- Agarwal, Vikas & Mullally, Kevin & Tang, Yuehua & Yang, Baozhong, 2013. "Mandatory portfolio disclosure, stock liquidity, and mutual fund performance," CFR Working Papers 13-04, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:19:y:2016:i:1:p:55-76 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:acctfi:v:57:y:2017:i:1:p:3-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kuti Monika & Szasz Erzsebet, 2014. "Challenges In Performance Metrics In Socially Responsible Investments," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 919-927, July.
- Elizabeth Ooi & Paul Lajbcygier, 2013. "Virtue Remains After Removing Sin: Finding Skill Amongst Socially Responsible Investment Managers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 199-224, March.
- In, Francis & Kim, Martin & Park, Raphael Jonghyeon & Kim, Sangbae & Kim, Tong Suk, 2014. "Competition of socially responsible and conventional mutual funds and its impact on fund performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 160-176.
- Ortas, Eduardo & Moneva, José M. & Salvador, Manuel, 2012. "Does socially responsible investment equity indexes in emerging markets pay off? Evidence from Brazil," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 581-597.
- Ashraf, Dawood & Felixson, Karl & Khawaja, Mohsin & Hussain, Syed Mujahid, 2017. "Do constraints on financial and operating leverage affect the performance of Islamic equity portfolios?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 171-182.
- el Alaoui, AbdelKader Ouatik & Bacha, Obiyathulla Ismath & Masih, Mansur & Asutay, Mehmet, 2016. "Shari’ah screening, market risk and contagion: A multi-country analysis," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 93-112.
- Fernando Muñoz & Maria Vargas & Isabel Marco, 2014. "Environmental Mutual Funds: Financial Performance and Managerial Abilities," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 124(4), pages 551-569, November.
- Luis Ferruz & Fernando Muñoz & María Vargas, 2012. "Managerial Abilities: Evidence from Religious Mutual Fund Managers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(4), pages 503-517, February.
- Gariet WS Chow & Robert B Durand & SzeKee Koh, 2014. "Are ethical investments good?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 39(4), pages 645-665, November.
- Jedrzej Bialkowski & Laura T. Starks, 2016. "SRI Funds: Investor Demand, Exogenous Shocks and ESG Profiles," Working Papers in Economics 16/11, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Leite, Paulo & Cortez, Maria Céu, 2014. "Style and performance of international socially responsible funds in Europe," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 248-267.
- Jacquelyn Humphrey & Darren Lee, 2011. "Australian Socially Responsible Funds: Performance, Risk and Screening Intensity," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(4), pages 519-535, September.
- Yunieta Nainggolan & Janice How & Peter Verhoeven, 2016. "Ethical Screening and Financial Performance: The Case of Islamic Equity Funds," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 83-99, August.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:233-243 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacquelyn Humphrey & David Tan, 2014. "Does it Really Hurt to be Responsible?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 122(3), pages 375-386, July.
- Durand, Robert B. & Koh, SzeKee & Limkriangkrai, Manapon, 2013. "Saints versus Sinners. Does morality matter?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 166-183.
- Riikka Sievänen & Hannu Rita & Bert Scholtens, 2013. "The Drivers of Responsible Investment: The Case of European Pension Funds," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 137-151, September.
- Ashraf, Dawood & Khawaja, Mohsin, 2016. "Does the Shariah screening process matter? Evidence from Shariah compliant portfolios," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 132(S), pages 77-92.
- Cabello, J.M. & Ruiz, F. & Pérez-Gladish, B. & Méndez-Rodríguez, P., 2014. "Synthetic indicators of mutual funds’ environmental responsibility: An application of the Reference Point Method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(1), pages 313-325.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:acctfi:v:50:y:2010:i:2:p:351-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaanzea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.