Estimation of Time-Varying Systematic Risk and Performance for Mutual Fund Portfolios: An Application of Switching Regression
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Telser, Lester G., 1967. "The Supply of Speculative Services in Wheat, Corn, and Soybeans," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute.
- Rockwell, Charles S., 1967. "Normal Backwardation, Forecasting, and the Return to Commodity Futures Traders," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute.
- Rubinstein, Mark, 1975. "Securities Market Efficiency in an Arrow-Debreu Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 812-824, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roger P. Bey, 1983. "The Market Model As An Appropriate Description Of The Stochastic Process Generating Security Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 6(4), pages 275-288, December.
- Eduardo Roca & Victor Wong, 2008. "An analysis of the sensitivity of Australian superannuation funds to market movements: a Markov regime switching approach," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(7), pages 583-597.
- Odejar, Maria Ana E & McNulty, Mark S, 2001.
"Bayesian Analysis of the Stochastic Switching Regression Model Using Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 17(2-3), pages 265-284, June.
- Maria Odejar, 1999. "Bayesian Analysis of the Stochastic Switching Regression Model Using Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 822, Society for Computational Economics.
- Panagiotis Samartzis & Nikitas Pittis & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Phoebe Koundouri, "undated". "Factor Models of Stock Returns: GARCH Errors versus Autoregressive Betas," DEOS Working Papers 1318, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Butt, Prof. Khursheed A & Pandow, Bilal Ahmad, 2013. "An analysis into the Stock Selectivity skill of Indian Fund Managers," MPRA Paper 83500, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2015. "Factor Models as 'Explanatory Unifiers' versus 'Explanatory Ideals' of Empirical Regularities of Stock Returns," DEOS Working Papers 1507, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Turtle, H.J. & Zhang, Chengping, 2012. "Time-varying performance of international mutual funds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 334-348.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2016.
"Factor Models of Stock Returns: GARCH Errors versus Time‐Varying Betas,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 35(5), pages 445-461, August.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2014. "Factor Models of Stock Returns: GARCH Errors versus Time - Varying Betas," DEOS Working Papers 1409, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Dana J. Johnson & Richard E. Bennett & Richard J. Curcio, 1979. "A Note On The Deceptive Nature Of Bayesian Forecasted Betas," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 2(1), pages 65-69, March.
- Chance, Don M. & Hemler, Michael L., 2001. "The performance of professional market timers: daily evidence from executed strategies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 377-411, November.
- Matallin-Saez Juan Carlos, 2008. "The Dynamics of Mutual Funds and Market Timing Measurement," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(4), pages 1-37, December.
- Romacho, Joao Carlos & Cortez, Maria Ceu, 2006. "Timing and selectivity in Portuguese mutual fund performance," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 348-368, September.
- Galil, Koresh & Shapir, Offer Moshe & Amiram, Dan & Ben-Zion, Uri, 2014. "The determinants of CDS spreads," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 271-282.
- Joel M. Dickson & John B. Shoven, 1993. "Ranking Mutual Funds on an After-Tax Basis," NBER Working Papers 4393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Semushin, Anton & Parshakov, Petr, 2012. "Data frequency and mutual fund performance measures," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 25(1), pages 95-114.
- Carl R. Chen & Steve Stockum, 1986. "Selectivity, Market Timing, And Random Beta Behavior Of Mutual Funds: A Generalized Model," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 9(1), pages 87-96, March.
- Burnett, John E. & Carroll, Carolyn & Thistle, Paul, 1995. "Implications of multiple structural changes in event studies," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 467-480.
- Reyes, Mario G., 1999. "Size, time-varying beta, and conditional heteroscedasticity in UK stock returns," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-10, June.
- Christensen, Michael, 2005. "Danish Mutual Fund Performance - Selectivity, Market Timing and Persistence," Finance Research Group Working Papers F-2005-01, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Joel M. Dickson & John B. Shoven, 1995. "Taxation and Mutual Funds: An Investor Perspective," NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 9, pages 151-180 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David C. Leonard & Nicholas R. Noble, 1981. "Estimation Of Time—Varying Systematic Risk And Investment Performance: Closed—End Investment Companies," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 4(2), pages 109-120, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:33:y:1978:i:2:p:457-75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.