Volatility spillover and hedging strategies between Islamic and conventional stocks in the presence of asymmetry and long memory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Mensi, Walid & Reboredo, Juan Carlos & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2014. "Dynamic dependence of the global Islamic equity index with global conventional equity market indices and risk factors," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 189-206.
- Conrad, Christian & Karanasos, Menelaos & Zeng, Ning, 2011.
"Multivariate fractionally integrated APARCH modeling of stock market volatility: A multi-country study,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 147-159, January.
- Christian Conrad & Menelaos Karanasos & Ning Zeng, 2008. "Multivariate Fractionally Integrated APARCH Modeling of Stock Market Volatility: A multi-country study," Working Papers 0472, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2008.
- Michael C. Jensen, 1968. "The Performance Of Mutual Funds In The Period 1945–1964," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 389-416, May.
- Christian Conrad & Berthold R. Haag, 2006. "Inequality Constraints in the Fractionally Integrated GARCH Model," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(3), pages 413-449.
- Alexis Guyot, 2011. "Efficiency and Dynamics of Islamic Investment: Evidence of Geopolitical Effects on Dow Jones Islamic Market Indexes," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(6), pages 24-45, November.
- Mohamed Shikh Albaity & Hamdia Mudor, 2012. "Return performance, Cointegration and short run dynamics of Islamic and non-Islamic indices: evidence from the US and Malaysia during the subprime crisis," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2016), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 1, pages 1-1, June.
- Alexis Guyot, 2011. "Efficiency and Dynamics of Islamic Investment: Evidence of Geopolitical Effects on Dow Jones Islamic Market Indexes," Post-Print hal-00841074, HAL.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Ole Mikkelsen, Hans, 1996.
"Modeling and pricing long memory in stock market volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 151-184, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Bollerslev-Mikkelson(1996) FIEGARCH models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00173, Boston College Department of Economics.
- repec:cii:cepiei:2014-q1-137-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yilmaz, Mustafa K. & Sensoy, Ahmet & Ozturk, Kevser & Hacihasanoglu, Erk, 2015. "Cross-sectoral interactions in Islamic equity markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 1-20.
- Lagoarde-Segot, Thomas, 2015. "Diversifying finance research: From financialization to sustainability," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-6.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Kokoszka, Piotr & Leipus, Remigijus & Teyssiere, Gilles, 2003. "Rescaled variance and related tests for long memory in volatility and levels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 265-294, February.
- Hassan, M. Kabir & Girard, Eric, 2010.
"Faith-Based Ethical Investing: The Case Of Dow Jones Islamic Indexes,"
Islamic Economic Studies,
The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 17, pages 1-31.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Eric Girard, 2011. "Faith-Based Ethical Investing: The Case of Dow Jones Islamic Indexes," NFI Working Papers 2011-WP-05, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Shamsuddin, Abul, 2014. "Are Dow Jones Islamic equity indices exposed to interest rate risk?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 273-281.
- Hussein, Khaled A., 2004. "Ethical Investment: Empirical Evidence From Ftse Islamic Index," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 12, pages 22-40.
- Mensi, Walid & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Reboredo, Juan C. & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2015. "Are Sharia stocks, gold and U.S. Treasury hedges and/or safe havens for the oil-based GCC markets?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 101-121.
- Al-Khazali, Osamah & Lean, Hooi Hooi & Samet, Anis, 2014. "Do Islamic stock indexes outperform conventional stock indexes? A stochastic dominance approach," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 29-46.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Fredj Jawadi & Nabila Jawadi & Waël Louhichi, 2014. "Conventional and Islamic stock price performance: An empirical investigation," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 137, pages 73-87.
- Chkili, Walid & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2014.
"Volatility forecasting and risk management for commodity markets in the presence of asymmetry and long memory,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-18.
- Walid Chkili & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Volatility forecasting and risk management for commodity markets in the presence of asymmetry and long memory," Working Papers 2014-389, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Walid Chkili & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Volatility forecasting and risk management for commodity markets in the presence of asymmetry and long memory," Working Papers 2014-325, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Álvarez-Díaz, Marcos & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Gupta, Rangan, 2014. "Detecting predictable non-linear dynamics in Dow Jones Islamic Market and Dow Jones Industrial Average indices using nonparametric regressions," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 22-35.
- Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier & Pop, Adrian, 2015.
"Risk and ethical investment: Empirical evidence from Dow Jones Islamic indexes,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 33-56.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné & Adrian Pop, 2015. "Risk and ethical investment: Empirical evidence from Dow Jones Islamic indexes," Post-Print hal-01153899, HAL.
- Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Masih, Rumi & Bacha, Obiyathulla Ismath & Masih, A. Mansur. M., 2015.
"Combining momentum, value, and quality for the Islamic equity portfolio: Multi-style rotation strategies using augmented Black Litterman factor model,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 205-232.
- Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Masih, Rumi & Bacha, Obiyathulla & Masih, A. Mansur M., 2014. "Combining Momentum, Value, and Quality for the Islamic Equity Portfolio: Multi-style Rotation Strategies using Augmented Black Litterman Factor Model," MPRA Paper 56965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kroner, Kenneth F & Ng, Victor K, 1998. "Modeling Asymmetric Comovements of Asset Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(4), pages 817-844.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kasman, Adnan & Kasman, Saadet & Torun, Erdost, 2009. "Dual long memory property in returns and volatility: Evidence from the CEE countries' stock markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 122-139, June.
- Muhammad Anwar, 1995. "An Islamic Perspective on Capital Markets and "Islamic" Securities in Malaysia," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 865-878.
- Walkshäusl, Christian & Lobe, Sebastian, 2012. "Islamic investing," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 53-62.
- Rizvi, Syed Aun R. & Arshad, Shaista & Alam, Nafis, 2015. "Crises and contagion in Asia Pacific — Islamic v/s conventional markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 315-326.
- Mohamed Albaity & Rubi Ahmad, 2008. "Performance of Syariah and Composite Indices: Evidence from Bursa Malaysia," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 4(1), pages 23-43.
- Kang, Sang Hoon & Cheong, Chongcheul & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2010. "Long memory volatility in Chinese stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(7), pages 1425-1433.
- Hassan, Abul & Antoniou, Antonios & Paudyal, D Krishna, 2005. "Impact Of Ethical Screening On Investment Performance: The Case Of The Dow Jones Islamic Index," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 12, pages 68-97.
- Tse, Y K & Tsui, Albert K C, 2002. "A Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Model with Time-Varying Correlations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 351-362, July.
- Y. K. Tse, 1998. "The conditional heteroscedasticity of the yen-dollar exchange rate," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 49-55.
- repec:ris:isecst:0135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rizvi, Syed Aun R. & Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Bacha, Obiyathulla I. & Masih, Mansur, 2014. "An analysis of stock market efficiency: Developed vs Islamic stock markets using MF-DFA," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 407(C), pages 86-99.
- Seng Kok & Gianluigi Giorgioni & Jason Laws, 2009. "Performance of Shariah-Compliant Indices in London and NY Stock Markets and their potential for diversification," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3/4), pages 398-408.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:finana:v:56:y:2018:i:c:p:167-180 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:39:y:2017:i:pa:p:595-611. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.